Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Kingdom Hearts

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-02, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Ahhh, just beat the game, pretty satisfying 40 hours of my time. Now I can focus on Socom, homework and rest up for GTA VC.
Old 10-12-02, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoilers!!!

Well i finished the game about last week and havent had a chance to post but i found the ending wonderful, even though it left some questions unanswered, it was a satisfying for the numerous hours i played it. One thing id like to say though it that the last boss Ansem and his numerous stages were a complete breeze, incredibly easy. If you take your time with the game and do yourself the favor and synthesize all the items and get the Ultima Keyblade and reach Ansem about with a level of 70-75 (i was at 79 when i beat the game), hes too easy! Actually i beat the game and all its hidden bosses except for Sehpiroth, after i beat the game for the first time, i went back and fought him countless times before finally winning. He Was TuFF!!!!
As for the ending itself i loved it. The CG sequence of the ending where Destiny Islands is restored and Kairi walks around and the song plays (Simple and Clean) is breathtaking to watch. The extra secret at the end confused me a bit tho. Lots of people have thier own theories and thoughts, many are saying for sure its totally setting up Kingdom Hearts 2 but i dont know what to think. It seems as though at the end of the game, Donald, Goofy and Sora were going to start another journey on a search for Riku and King Mickey, ok. Now, in the extra scene at the end (if its a trailer for KH2), they show a mysterious person in a long overcoat with a hood covering most of his/her face making them unrecognizable. This person is then sorrounded by countless more creepy looking Heartless. Then this person pulls out not one, but two Keyblades to prepare for battle. Then we cut to a roof top overlooking a street where this person is about to whup some a$$ with his two keyblades. On the roof is another person who i think us undeniably Riku, only a bit older older and has a blinfold on. He takes his blindfold off and does sort of a movement that then sorrounds the mysterious person on the street with an purple inprint of a heart on the floor that keeps away the heartless. Then the mysterious persons askes, "Wheres Sora?", after he says this, countless of words and phrases are thrown at the screen including some in japanese. Some of the phrases were, "We'll go together", "You are the reason they are Heartless", "Sora!", "Kair, what took you so long", "Your Majesy, why?!" and countless others ill try and get and post. Then after this, we cut to a quick glimpse of a girl on a beach shore looking up to the sky, the girl is undeniably Kairi who is now older and has long hair. Note you only see her from behind. Anyways, thats all for that extra scene at the end.
Anyways, so for those of you who've seen it, or for those of you who just read its description, what do you think? Whats your theory on what happened? Heres some question id liked to ask you people who've ended the game.

Where did you think Sora, Donald and Goofy were when they found Pluto, what place was that?
What do you think that message from King Mickey was that Pluto was holding in its mouth?
What do you think of the secret extra scene at the end? Who do you think that mysterious hooded person was? Was that guy on the roof Riku? Do you think that girl was Kairi? If this indeed a trailer for KH2, would be looking for Sora and company and maybe play as Riku or this mysterious hooded person? HHmmmm....

Post Away!!!!!
Old 10-12-02, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
two words here...learn them...

Spoiler:
SPOILER TAGS!!!
Old 10-12-02, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's a long paragraph zero. If you don't look deep into it you wont even realize what is going on in that paragraph. spoiler or not.
Old 10-12-02, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
it's a long paragraph zero. If you don't look deep into it you wont even realize what is going on in that paragraph. spoiler or not.
I didnt even read it, just thought I'd say it before someone else does .
Old 10-12-02, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
read before posting

spoiler tags are always a nice courtesy

Good thing I do not have to play this game since i already know the ending
Old 10-12-02, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry guys, since i wrote Spoilers just like that in the beginning, i didnt think i need spoiler tags. Was it really too long tho?
Old 10-13-02, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by thegame370
Sorry guys, since i wrote Spoilers just like that in the beginning, i didnt think i need spoiler tags. Was it really too long tho?
I didn't read it.

You can go back and edit your post and put {spoiler} {/spoiler} tags around the text. Replace the {} with the respective square brackets
Old 10-13-02, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by happypants
I didn't read it.

You can go back and edit your post and put {spoiler} {/spoiler} tags around the text. Replace the {} with the respective square brackets
Thanx but no thanx, i know how to use the tags, i just chose not to.
Old 11-30-06, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm wearing my spoiler tag backwards.

Anyway just started this game. Some things I like. Some things I don't like. Like seeing all the disney and square characters. Don't like tkhe camera or wonderland. I've been trying hard to beat that many hats boss but he keeps kicking my ass. Donald is no help. Goofy is a dumb and I'm playing deformed retard that can't even beat a heartless fire wielding hat guy.

Gamefaq is like this should be an easy battle just jump from the table and hit him. Well I've been doing that but sometimes I miss or he hits back. That heartless bastard is tough man. Also where the hell is the queen of hearts cards. Shouldn't they be helping me save thier world. When I'm done with this guy I'm going shove my key so far up her bum hole she'll have keyblade taste stuck in her mouth for weeks. Heck I might just take over wonderland and rule it with a iron fist. Yes, yes I'll send my card army out to all the other worlds to free them from the heartless then I'll take those worlds also ha ha ha ha.

So any tips on taking out this many hat guy?
Old 11-30-06, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I'm wearing my spoiler tag backwards.
So any tips on taking out this many hat guy?
I don't have any advice for you, other than to say I found the game equally frustrating. I only made it to the next boss before I gave up.
Old 11-30-06, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I brought the big guy down. All I needed to do is stand under his legs and jump up and hit him in the balls a couple of times.

I was on the verge of dropping it but now it has gotten better. Taking out the three headed dog was fun. Right now I am surfing on trees with Tarzan.

On a different note I am getting some nasty slow down during text dialog sometimes. Not sure what the deal there is. I thought the game crashed a few times.

Did anyone notice that half of Cloud's body was Vincent? I told him his movie sucked and he started to cry.

I'm surprised at how hard this game is. I thought it would be on par with lego starwars in difficulty because of cute characters.

Tips:
When fighting the cards to save alice attack the queen, she'll fall over and cards will panic. Then you can run up and attack the tower or the cards while they are in shock.

Have lots of potions when fighting the three headed dog. Use guard ability to block the fireballs right back at him or use dodge to roll out of danger. Make sure to give goofy the ability that allows him to jump in the air and attack. Then you can run around while goofy does most of the work.

play in the nude. Donald doesn't wear pants why should you.
Old 12-01-06, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First time I played it the boss of the Tarzan world frustrated me to no end; I almost gave up. Went back to it a few days later and finally understood the mechanics of the game and it was pretty much a cakewalk from there out. I felt it was worth it, even with the camera issues.
Old 12-04-06, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tarzan boss was easy. Jafar and all power genie Jafar was extremely easy to beat, but an interesting fight. I wasn't expecting the fight with the head, it looked pretty good for a ps2 game.

I just built a ship from scratch. It looks pretty darn good, kind of like a tie fighter. Maybe next I'll try a x-wing.
Old 08-08-11, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Kingdom Hearts

I played this game when it first came out. Got stuck on The Tarzan world and gave up on it. Mn what a mistake that was! Finally figured out how to navigate through. Even on a second time through that jungle is a bitch to get through! About 8 hours in and loving it.

It's also sad to realize that we'll probably never see KH 3