Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Kingdom Hearts

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-02, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
started playing the game a bit and Just loving it. the visuals are great and all. can't wait till halloween town, to bad I don't have all that much time to play it.
Old 09-30-02, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love this game...just got to Halloween Town. Unfortunately, a few days ago my boyfriend decided to play, and since he's home all day and I work he has already passed me. Now nothing is a surprise and the excitement of playing has pretty much gone out of it. And I even bought him the new Castlevania for the GBA when I got KH to keep this from happening.

Seriously bummed.
Old 10-01-02, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Neo512210
Hi i replyed when i first got this game and a week and a half later i am still really addicted I am 19 and 1/2 hours into the games and by far the coolest looking world is halloween town. I love love love this game and I am ok with the gummi ship I just modify the ships i do like and supe them up its all good. also hwo often do you guys use the summons vreatures i use them manily for boss fights but thats about it is it the same for everyone else??
I only have 1 summon, Simba and I use him when I'm overwhelemed by Heartless and against bosses.
Old 10-01-02, 01:49 AM

It's all about Tinkerbell. Best summon in the game. She constantly heals your characters, Goofy and Donald don't leave when you summon her, and if Sora is killed, she brings him back to life once so you can continue.

Woo! Tink!
Old 10-01-02, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by blakwngbrd
I love this game...just got to Halloween Town. Unfortunately, a few days ago my boyfriend decided to play, and since he's home all day and I work he has already passed me. Now nothing is a surprise and the excitement of playing has pretty much gone out of it.

Seriously bummed.
So... just kick his bum ass out!

-k
###
Old 10-01-02, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If been frantically trying to complete this game so that I can return it and rent something else...its already a few days late I should finish tonight...I am at the last world, and completed 1/2 of the Hades Cup Tournament for the heck of it. Also have 2 more puppies to find, and 3 trinities.
Old 10-01-02, 06:04 PM

Well like most other games, this was a complete waste of my time and money. There is virtually no way to beat the final boss...of course you have to face about 45 other bosses before him. I had him to no health, but was never again allowed a chance to attack, until he finally killed me. I satyed alive for a good 10minutes waiting though. I now get to return this crap game withough 100% beating it. The camera, weapons, fighting, items remain bleak and simplistic the entire game, which really dissapointed me. Ah well, time to rent Hot Pursuit 2
Old 10-01-02, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by discostu1337
Well like most other games, this was a complete waste of my time and money. There is virtually no way to beat the final boss...of course you have to face about 45 other bosses before him. I had him to no health, but was never again allowed a chance to attack, until he finally killed me. I satyed alive for a good 10minutes waiting though. I now get to return this crap game withough 100% beating it. The camera, weapons, fighting, items remain bleak and simplistic the entire game, which really dissapointed me. Ah well, time to rent Hot Pursuit 2
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh gamefaqs.com just a thought.
Old 10-01-02, 06:47 PM

uhhh, i have gone there, but it didnt list the only thing i needed...where all 10 postcards are...only got 9. Anyways, I had no problems/troubles with the game...its all mindless button smashing and running around. The problem is that the game would not let me hit the final boss like 2 more times to win. He simply was untouchable for over 10 minutes, then i finally died from his guardian grabbing me (which you cannot avoid). Returned it and got Sly Cooper....perhaps this will be better.
Old 10-01-02, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

uhhh, i have gone there, but it didnt list the only thing i needed...where all 10 postcards are...only got 9. Anyways, I had no problems/troubles with the game...its all mindless button smashing and running around. The problem is that the game would not let me hit the final boss like 2 more times to win. He simply was untouchable for over 10 minutes, then i finally died from his guardian grabbing me (which you cannot avoid). Returned it and got Sly Cooper....perhaps this will be better.
I dont see it as mindless button mashing. Maybe theres something you missed,...
Spoiler:
==========================
=K. Traverse Town Postcards=
==========================
Locations:
- Behind the accessories shop, in the blue safe (can't be unlocked until you
have Donald and Goofy)
- Use the Trinity Jump in front of the cafe in the First District.
- Examine a poster on the wall of the Item Workshop
- Hit the fan in the Item Shop
- On top of the "Boots and Shoes" shop in 2nd District (need High Jump)
- In the 3rd District, cast Thunder on the exposed wire, then in the Gizmo
Shop, step on all three buttons, then examine the clock (2 Postcards)
- In Geppetto's shop, examine the pot on far end of the shelf.

but oh well. Sly Cooper is a cross between Metal Gear and a lot of other platformers. Bit of warning you get hit once and you have to start over. This can lead to frustration.

Last edited by zero; 10-01-02 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-01-02, 07:55 PM

ya, thats only 7 postcards...no FAQ has them all, or even real locations...as for Sly Cooper..cool so far. No loading time really, and very well designed. ts like playing a comic book/cartoon. Excellent gfx too
Old 10-01-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ya, thats only 7 postcards...no FAQ has them all, or even real locations...as for Sly Cooper..cool so far. No loading time really, and very well designed. ts like playing a comic book/cartoon. Excellent gfx too
re-read that its 9 . Im glad your enjoying Sly Cooper not many are willing to at least give it a chance.
Old 10-01-02, 10:07 PM

why wouldnt people give Sly a chance? Its a semi-anticipated PS2 game isnt it? It always looked fun to me, and so far its great.
Old 10-01-02, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

why wouldnt people give Sly a chance?
Two words...Close Minded.

Two more words...Cel Shading.

All in all I have no idea why, it seems to me as soon as something different comes along (like Kingdom Hearts or Sly) people immediately shun it as "sucking". Which leads me to think theres going to be a huge backlash when Zelda is released.
Old 10-01-02, 11:20 PM

Actually you can avoid his guardian very easily ... And if you couldn't get past THAT form then there's no way you'd be the next few.
Old 10-02-02, 12:59 AM

Originally posted by Keyser Soze
So... just kick his bum ass out!

-k
###
Hehehe well, it's all good now. Got my game back
Old 10-02-02, 08:26 AM

Mattalos...there were no next few.....this was the final battle on my home island Oh well, i was dissapointed with the game, then again i hate rpgs (even though this really isnt too much of an rpg). Time to move on.
Old 10-02-02, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,359 Likes on 4,352 Posts
why wouldnt people give Sly a chance? Its a semi-anticipated PS2 game isnt it? It always looked fun to me, and so far its great.
It's supposed to be too short and too easy. Also, the timing isn't great, coming right after Kingdom Hearts and before GTA Vice City and shortly after the NA/SOCOM, it just kind of fell through the cracks, I think. Still, with another SCEA platformer (Rachet & Clink) coming this year, they had to space out this release a little. Too bad it wasn't ready during the slow summer months of I would have bought it. It sure looks beautiful.
Old 10-02-02, 02:40 PM

Mattalos...there were no next few.....this was the final battle on my home island
That's not the final battle. You're not listening.
Old 10-02-02, 05:28 PM

figures its not the final, final battle...theres only like 10 'final battles' before it...stupid
Old 10-02-02, 06:27 PM

Anyway - has anyone beat it yet? Anyone get the secret 'ending'? Too cool.
Old 10-11-02, 01:57 AM

I purchased this last Friday 10/4 and solved it this afternoon. I loved this game. I was surprised at the long stretches of time I would spend playing it.

I just wasn't sure which ending I got. I found all 99 of the Dalmation puppies but didn't find all of the Trinity marks and I didn't beat the two special battles at the Coloseum. I am thinking that I just had the regular ending, but ti was still cool anyway.
Old 10-11-02, 02:17 AM

Well, there is only one ending, but after the ending there is a special secret CG scene.
Old 10-11-02, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so whats the insight to the cd scene?
Old 10-11-02, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm about 20 hours into it. I can't stress enough how much I'm loving this game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.