Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

For those with all 3 systems: Which one is your favorite?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

For those with all 3 systems: Which one is your favorite?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-02, 12:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joshhinkle,

I believe the thread said "for those with all 3 systems"..

yet you don't own all 3 systems..

So why did you chime in?

Just curious...

-Jim
Old 07-30-02, 12:08 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Because, as Cartman pointed out others already had.

Plus to limit opinions to only those that own all three is lame IMO.

Lastly, I'll post where I want to.
Old 07-30-02, 01:08 PM
Banned

Well, I dont think the writer intended it to be lame, but wanted opinions from those that had ALL 3 systems.. that actually owned them.. YOu don't own an Xbox, so your opinion on it is LAME to the originator of this thread, probably.

-Jim
Old 07-30-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's hard for me to pick a favorite system. It's easy for me to pick my favorite games. Since I love Grand Theft Auto 3, I guess that I means I have to love my PS2. I know I'll give my Cube a lot more attention when I have Mario Sunshine. But my current little darling is my XBOX. XBOX has the definitive version of one of my favorite games of all time: Tony Hawk 3. Rallisport Challenge is great too. World Series Baseball is my favorite baseball game ever. So, really it comes down to the games. But it just seems like the XBOX version of multiplatform games is a head above the others. With Dolby Digital 5.1 being standard across the board, custom soundtracks and an internal hard drive, I'd say the XBOX would be the hardest of the 3 big systems to pry from my hands.
Old 07-30-02, 06:15 PM

I have all 3 and even the Dreamcast still. The PS2 is my favorite of all them because i have 127 games for it. Xbox is 2nd, I have that to take it over to friends place to play Halo on multiple displays. Gamecube was just recently bought for the new mario sunshine. I'll start picking up more games for Xbox and GC later. PS2 seems to be running out of steam, can't wait for NFL 2k3 and NBA 2k3 though.
Old 07-30-02, 07:06 PM

GameCube. I LOVED Eternal Darkness! Still spend lots of time with Super Monkey Ball. And, the Wavebird is such a joy to play with, I now find my Xbox and PS2 controllers with extension cables clunky and inefficient...
Old 08-01-02, 02:31 AM
Banned

1. ps2 - Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy X, Virtua Fighter 4, Gran Turismo 3, GTA 3, Ico, Devil May Cry, and now Mark of Kri. This system has the most quality games imo. I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts, Tenchu 3, Gran Turismo 4, Suikoden III, The Getaway, Pride FC, Sly Cooper, Ratchet And Clank, Rygar, Shinobi, Ape Escape 2, War of the Monsters, Star Ocean 3, Onimusha 2, Lunar 3, and Xenosaga. This system shows the most promise of the 3.

2. Gamecube - the best party system of the 3. Smash Bros. and Super Monkey Ball are heaps of fun when you have company. I also like Eternal Darkness. I can't wait for Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Too Human, F-Zero, Mario Kart, and Super Monkey Ball 2.

3. X-Box - this machine is a SPORT machine + Halo, and I don't even like the sports genre. I've tried so many games on this system yet Halo is the only one I found worth keeping. DOA3 was nice to look at for awhile, but as far as gameplay goes it sucked. The only games I am looking forward to are the Sega exclusives, which are Ninja Gaiden and Panzer Dragoon Orta.
Old 08-01-02, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle

Lastly, I'll post where I want to.
I suppose so. However those owning all 3 are more likely to have a less biassed opinion, thus the request of the original poster.

Chris
Old 08-01-02, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by YujiNaka
Well, I dont think the writer intended it to be lame, but wanted opinions from those that had ALL 3 systems.. that actually owned them.. YOu don't own an Xbox, so your opinion on it is LAME to the originator of this thread, probably.

-Jim
Yup, I didn't really think that that post was fair. I specifically asked for all 3 because those are the ones I will choose from. I just wanted unbiased opinions, not " I don't have so and so because it doesn't have anything good"

Not really worried about it though, Josh is more than free to post wherever he wants and I appreciate his honesty.
Old 08-01-02, 07:03 AM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle

And this is still at "which console is your favorite" thread. I mean it says "Which one is your favorite?" It's irrelevant that it's for people that own all 3. It still the same damn topic that's been beat to death in this forum.

Nope, it's different. It's asking for opinions for completely unbiased people. 100% of the time x-box owners will say x-box . 100% of ps2 owners will say ps2. 100% of gamecube will say x-box.
Old 08-01-02, 07:25 AM

Originally posted by tygloalex

Nope, it's different. It's asking for opinions for completely unbiased people. 100% of the time x-box owners will say x-box . 100% of ps2 owners will say ps2. 100% of gamecube will say x-box.
The last sentence is getting to be so true it isn't even funny.
Old 08-01-02, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
100% of gamecube will say x-box.
Old 08-01-02, 12:17 PM

Whoops, Freudian Slip?