Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What is the best Soccer game for PS2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-02, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the best Soccer game for PS2?

As you can imagine, I am having this World Cup fever... I wanted so much to buy a football and start playing soccer in the park, but consider it is 90 degrees outside and I am still short of 10 people in my team. I think I better off just buy a soccer game and enjoy it in an air-conditioned room...

So, any suggestions? I saw 3 soccer games for PS2:

1. FIFA 2002
2. 2002 FIFA World Cup
3. World Tour Soccer 2002

Which one is the best? One thing is, I don't really care if I can customize my own team. I more concern about the gameplay and the graphics.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-28-02, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ignore them all and get Winning Eleven 6/Pro Evolution Soccer.
Old 06-28-02, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^That one's an import, right?

ottolam: World Tour isn't as good as the others (never trust 989). 2002 FIFA World Cup is like FIFA 2002 but with less modes and less teams (only advantage is, obviously, it has World Cup mode). FIFA 2002 is the best. I have it for the GCN (bought it for 20 bucks a few days ago) and it is the cheapest of the three(it's around 25 bucks for the ps2 but you'll have more trouble finding it than the other ones since 2003 is going to come out soon I think). It has many modes, many leagues and teams, you can create players/teams, rewards, season play, etc. Most of the time you have to pay more money to get something better; in this case it's not true IMHO. Cheapest is best.

Last edited by Souljahh; 06-28-02 at 02:20 AM.
Old 06-28-02, 06:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the inputs... I will try to find FIFA 2002 then. If I can't find it, then I guess I will just have to wait until FIFA 2003. Does anyone know when FIFA 2003 is coming?

I would really like to play some soccer games before the Final on Sunday... hopefully, I can find it.

Thanks again!
Old 06-28-02, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ottolam
Thanks for the inputs... I will try to find FIFA 2002 then. If I can't find it, then I guess I will just have to wait until FIFA 2003. Does anyone know when FIFA 2003 is coming?

I would really like to play some soccer games before the Final on Sunday... hopefully, I can find it.

Thanks again!
Get Winning Elevin 6. Or get FIFA 2001. FIFA 2002 and WC 2002 suck big time. Trust me I have played footy games for years.
Old 06-28-02, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by RaptorsFan

Get Winning Elevin 6. Or get FIFA 2001. FIFA 2002 and WC 2002 suck big time. Trust me I have played footy games for years.
Will the PS2 play an import without a boot disk or mod or Game Shark or anything like that?
Old 06-28-02, 01:12 PM

no, US PS2 won't play any imports unless it is modified.

i also think Winning Eleven 6 from Konami is the best soccer game, period! this was the main reason i purchaed a japanese PS2 last year (for $150 from my friend). it was worth every penny! once you play this game, you will never play FIFA from EA or any other soccer game. i must warn you, though, this game is not easy to learn at first.