Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

GBA Flood Light Review - The best light yet without opening up the gba?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-23-02, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://gear.ign.com/articles/354332p1.html
Old 02-23-02, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be nice if they had compared it to the Light Boy Advance. But the 1/4 screen darkness is enough for me to wait for the Portablemonopoly one.
Old 06-27-02, 11:55 PM

I have 4 GBA's and must have 5 or 6 different lights. All the lights I have tried so far are junk. This Flood Light works great!
To me it appears to light up the whole screen very evenly.

Sorry if this has been discussed to death. I just wanted to share my joy of this thing. Doom is so much better now.
Old 06-27-02, 11:57 PM
Retired

I haven't tried the Flood Light, but the new version of the Pelican Light Shield Advance is great. It's basically the same as the old one, except it now comes with a white light (LED?) so you don't have to do that mod to decent light, and it has a light sensor that turns it on or off based on the lighting. The latter feature is useless and you can set it to stay on all the time.
Old 06-28-02, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,158 Likes on 4,191 Posts
Love, Love, Love the flood light. Works great, in low light and in total darkness. It looks good and it also protects the screen when it's not in use. A totally worthwhile purchase.
Old 06-28-02, 11:48 AM

I just got my FloodLight yesterday, and I love it! I've tried many GBA lights, and this is the only one that has been worth using. It does take a little adjustment at first to figure out the optimal angle for the light, since if you point it straight down then the glare is awful, but once you get that figured out it's easy to always get it back where you want it.
Old 06-28-02, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by joshhinkle
I haven't tried the Flood Light, but the new version of the Pelican Light Shield Advance is great. It's basically the same as the old one, except it now comes with a white light (LED?) so you don't have to do that mod to decent light, and it has a light sensor that turns it on or off based on the lighting. The latter feature is useless and you can set it to stay on all the time.

I liked the Light Sheild advance so much I cancelled my afterburner order. Very rarely, it will give a funny light in certain situations, but it works better than any other light I've tried, including the flood light.
Old 06-28-02, 02:18 PM
Retired

Yep, the old light shield advance was ok, but it had a yellow light and somewhat muddied the colors. My bulb burnt out in it and when I went to wal-mart to pick up a new one, all they had was the newer version with the LED bulb and the light sensor. I didn't even know it existed. It was definitely a pleasant surprise.