Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Resident Evil 0 gets "firm" release date

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-02, 12:01 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Resident Evil 0 gets "firm" release date

According to cube.ign.com Resident Evil 0 has a "firm" date of October 2002. The Resident Evil 2 port will follow in late Nov. or early Dec.

RE0 is an entirely new game centered around Rebecca Chambers and takes place on a train.

This is great news as it simply adds to what should be a great fall line-up for the Gamecube.
Old 03-06-02, 12:57 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool, looking forward to it. By the way, anyone going to see Resident Evil, the movie?
Old 03-06-02, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

).
Cool, looking forward to it. By the way, anyone going to see Resident Evil, the movie?

I'll be there ... I know virtually nothing about the movie, but have been a fan of the game series, on PSX (RE1, RE2 didn't get into RE3 as much. and now playing RE: Code Veronica on DC
Old 03-06-02, 01:29 PM
Retired

I'm not planning on the seeing the movie. It looks pretty lame from the TV previews I've seen. I like the games, but I'm really not into the story line enough, or horror movies in general, to watch a movie based on them.
Old 03-06-02, 01:32 PM
Cool New Member

My only complaint with the previews is that it shows the movie as a CGI dominant one. I'm not much into CGI in movies.
Old 03-06-02, 01:37 PM

Regarding the above referenced IGN article, it states that Resident Evil 2 will simply be a port of the Playstation version -- I thought Capcom was going to remake Resident Evil 1-4 for the Gamecube?
Old 03-06-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mijang
Regarding the above referenced IGN article, it states that Resident Evil 2 will simply be a port of the Playstation version -- I thought Capcom was going to remake Resident Evil 1-4 for the Gamecube?
No, only the original is being remade. Resident Evil 4 has not yet been made and will be original to the Cube.
Old 03-06-02, 01:58 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Sounds great! I love "train levels" in video games, so I'm excited by the setting.

Just to clarify for those confused:

Resident Evil is being remade for the Cube.

Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica are being ported to the Cube (expect something similiar to the Dreamcast/PS2 versions of these games).

Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 4 are brand new games, Gamecube exclusives.

There is also an online Resident Evil game in the works, which looks to be a PS2 exclusive.
Old 03-06-02, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah Resident Evil Zero was supposed to be a brand new game on the N64 but they announced it pretty late in the N64's life and it never came out. The early screenshots of it looked pretty cool though. I'm glad they're still working on it .

As far as the movie, I finally saw the commercial on TV the yesterday. It looked really different from the game. Not what I"d expect. The thing is.......the games have the perfect creepy setting and dark atmosphere to be an awesome movie, and it looks like they completely ignored that and used their own ideas instead. I think it'll end up like the Final Fantasy movie and probably be nothing like the game as well. At the end of the preview they did show a licker I think. I think I might go see it just to see whta the movie is like.
Old 03-06-02, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Sounds great! I love "train levels" in video games, so I'm excited by the setting.

Just to clarify for those confused:

Resident Evil is being remade for the Cube.

Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica are being ported to the Cube (expect something similiar to the Dreamcast/PS2 versions of these games).

Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 4 are brand new games, Gamecube exclusives.

There is also an online Resident Evil game in the works, which looks to be a PS2 exclusive.
What is the plot going to be for Resident Evil 4? I have always considered Resident Evil: Code Veronica to be Resident Evil 4.
Old 03-06-02, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i'm not expecting much from the movie but being the big resident evil fan that I am... I will see it.
Old 03-06-02, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by mijang

What is the plot going to be for Resident Evil 4? I have always considered Resident Evil: Code Veronica to be Resident Evil 4.
Code Veronica is considered a side story to Resident Evil. As it revolves around Claire trying to find Chris.

As for 4, who knows at this point? However, it's interesting to note that Devil May Cry started out in development as Resident Evil 4. So we can assume that 4 will be set on an island with a castle. Of course, that's just speculation. I'm also guessing that with Leon's affiliation with an anti-Umbrella organization outside of S.T.A.R.S. that they(and hopefully he) will be in 4. Also it seems from the endings of 3 and Veronica that they set up a reunion of the main characters.

As for the movie, I'll watch it but am extremely upset that they didn't greenlight Romero's much more faithful script.
Old 03-06-02, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by C-Killer Redux

Code Veronica is considered a side story to Resident Evil. As it revolves around Claire trying to find Chris.

As for 4, who knows at this point? However, it's interesting to note that Devil May Cry started out in development as Resident Evil 4. So we can assume that 4 will be set on an island with a castle. Of course, that's just speculation. I'm also guessing that with Leon's affiliation with an anti-Umbrella organization outside of S.T.A.R.S. that they(and hopefully he) will be in 4. Also it seems from the endings of 3 and Veronica that they set up a reunion of the main characters.

As for the movie, I'll watch it but am extremely upset that they didn't greenlight Romero's much more faithful script.
All that stuff there sounds a heckuvalot like the RE magazine I read back a year or two ago. Not the comic miniseries, but more like a glossy comic magazine. There were 3 or 4 issues with branching storylines following different characters, including some folks on an island and some other folks examining a European castle. Probably no real relation though.

Tuan Jim
Old 03-07-02, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by C-Killer Redux
However, it's interesting to note that Devil May Cry started out in development as Resident Evil 4. So we can assume that 4 will be set on an island with a castle.
Actually DMC/RE4 was first set on a boat. It had nothing to do with an island or a castle...you were basically on a boat. They decided to spin off DMC from this idea even though it has nothing to do with a boat...heh. Plus they changed the play mechanics significantly in the game.