Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

I got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Today

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-02, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Today

I got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle!! It's not that bad of a game. One of the crazy things was that I'm playing SONIC on a Nintendo system HAHA….my brother came in the room and was like yo you playind DC? Nope GC! He had no clue that this game was going to be release on the GC. Any way it's not a bad game. I'm enjoying it….maybe it's because of the dry spell we're having with games for the GC. Give it a try!
Old 02-14-02, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't know if I will pick this up since I already have the DC version (and that cost only $39.99 when it came out). The graphics are probably better, but I hear the camera problems were not fixed for the GC version. It is a good game but you may not like it (I would spoil something, but I won't do that yet).
Old 02-14-02, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are my impressions:

I just got this game today, and to a large degree, I'd have to agree with IGN's review. I like the game a lot better than they liked it, but many of their concerns are valid.

The camera is often horrible. As someone noted on another board, it only gets bad when you try to head towards the camera, but you see, that happens often enough to be annoying.

The searching levels (Knuckles & Rouge) are really frustrating and tedious. They really don't test your gaming skill at all. They're not as god-awful as many people make them out to be, but they're hardly a bundle of joy.

As for the mech stages, again, they're just bland. You walk around holding down the B button to lock onto enemies and fire. It's not very exciting at all. Of course, that's not ALL you do, but it sure feels like it.

The saving grace of this game has to be the Chao raising, though. I love it, and I love linking up with my Game Boy Advance. One of the main reasons I got this game was for GC-GBA connectivity and I'm not all too disappointed. I wish there was more, but for a concept like Chao raising you can't expect much. I can't wait to see what else can be done with the link, though.

Overall, I can only recommend this game if you REALLY loved Sonic Adventure 1 and didn't mind the searching levels. Now I loved SA1, but that's because most of the game consisted of the Sonic levels. Now Sonic/Shadow levels consist of less than a third of SA2!

I don't regret the purchase, but many of you just might.
Old 02-14-02, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: I got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Today

Originally posted by White Knight
One of the crazy things was that I'm playing SONIC on a Nintendo system HAHA….
That's exactly what I was thinking. The day a Sega game plays on a Nintendo platform.... Ah, the old days of loyalty and rivalry....
Old 02-15-02, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i picked up and played this game yesterday. i think its better than the DC versions, and the multiplayer is pretty fun. i wouldn't say its GREAT, but certainly a good time and it is REALLY weird to see sonic on a nintendo system.
Old 02-16-02, 10:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I too picked this up. I'm having a good time in all the modes, although Sonic/Shadow is by far the most fun. I wasn't interested in the Chao raising at all, but once I tried it once I was hooked. It really gives you motivation to go back through the levels and get more stuff.

I think the reviewers have really underrated this one, but that tends to be the trend with ports.
Old 02-16-02, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No arguments, this is a fun game which was overlooked by all the bad reviews. I'm up to the Final Rush level- it's so hard and frustrating. Other than that particular level this game is a blast. I'll definitely go back and finish the secondary objectives in each level.