DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Fantasy XI Live Feed here

http://stream.pol.com/cgi-bin/navi-cgi?ff11/+ff11.asx

Live footage of Final Fantasy XI
Old 02-16-02, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

whoa, I had my doubts about this game and I even said I wasn't interested in this game earlier, but after watching a few minutes of that I suddenly have a strong urge to play this game!!

It looked pretty cool! For awhile, people were just standing around talking to each other complete with gestures (but you can't see the text on this cam). I also saw some people running around in the background to somewhere. Eventually some magician type person came over and casted a spell that looked really sweet! The music also sounded pretty decent too. Whats kind of funny is that it looks like these players know this is a camera here and are all trying to get in the shot doing different kind of poses. The environment looks fairly big, but I'm not really sure how far back it actually goes, it also looks like the day changes real time (goes from night to day, although quicker than standard time). I think I'm gonna buy an PS2 HD and ethernet card for this one if its as good as its looking.
Old 02-16-02, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks good....now, is it worth spending the cash on the HD/Ethernet adapter..... eh, probably.
Old 02-16-02, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What I don't understand is how does the game work? What's the story or is there one? The whole concept of a multiplayer online and never ending RPG seems very strange to me. Can someone explain how it works? It looked interesting but I'm not sure it'll be worth the cost of the game, ethernet/hd, and monthly fee.
Old 02-16-02, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

dfbennet: The only MMORPG I've played is the beta version of Ultima Online, and a bit of the retail product, but usually most companies that run games like this will make quests that you can go on, set out treasure and tell you to go find it, etc. I've heard others even have various storylines that are happening as you play but I dont know how this works.

Is anyone getting this as a smooth video feed? I'm on a 320kbps DSL connection and I only get a new video frame every few seconds. Looking at my transfer meter I'm only getting about 20-40kbps from wherever this feed is located, which would explain the slow video

Brian
Old 02-16-02, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm viewing the stream from the ethernet connection in my dorm room and it's playing very smoothly for me.