Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

who's getting State of Emergency?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-02, 06:17 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Roan
Videogamereview.com has some reviews.
Those reviews are bogus. Nobody had the game a month ago.

Opie and Anthony, a nationally broadcasted radio show, got a early copy direct from Rockstar. They gave it a 2 out of 5.
Old 02-14-02, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My buddy was in eb last night and the guy there was telling him he wasn't gonna get one if he didn't have the preorder and it would not be out long and was gonna get pulled just like GTA3 was pulled, and he won't find it anywhere when it comes out. If I hear one more person say that GTA 3 is pulled I'm gonna punch em in the face.
Old 02-14-02, 06:48 PM

>My buddy was in eb last night and the guy there was telling him he wasn't gonna get one if he didn't have the preorder and it would not be out long and was gonna get pulled just like GTA3 was pulled<

There is no end to the amount of lies EB employee's make up. (And Babbages also). I know there is an EB employee on this board, maybe they can get word back to HQ about this sort of complete BS the employee's tell people at some stores.
Old 02-14-02, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by dasmooth1
cool, so CC still has it for 39.99? thats great news, so far i've checked best buy, electronics boutique, and software etc. and they all have a price of 50 or above...the pricematch would be a great deal..anyone know a store that has 110% pricematch, like a staples does...that would make it a sweeter deal
Best Buy will do the 110%. But the extra 10% comes from the DIFFERENCE between the prices, not 10% off the total. So you'll get about an extra $1 off because 10% of the $10 difference is $1.
Old 02-15-02, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Cornfed

Well, you can't just base your purchase on 'somone giving it a 9/10.' Have you tried www.gamerankings.com ? Here's a few listed on there. http://www.teamxbox.com/staffscore.php?id=39
http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/re...game=wreckless
Yeah - I've checked that out... nice site. The "someone" was IGN I think and I was just saying that I disagreed with a review - not that I bought the game on the strength of that one review. I bought the game based on the stupid trailer I saw floating around the web as well as the buzz the game had created for itself. I bought it the day it came out and was unimpressed. Next time I'll wait a week before buying a new title and check this site for reviews... (although I still disagree with almost every review of Wreckless).

Old 02-15-02, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I will be purchasing this game! MOST DEFINITELY! Looks like the release date was pushed back to the 19th. *groan*
Old 02-15-02, 08:42 AM

I'm buying it sight unseen (or, should that be game unplayed...). I'm looking for something to take me back to the Double Dragon, Battletoads, River City Ransom, Streets of Rage, etc beat-ups of yore and SOE looks like it might fit the bill.

My copy of the game shipped yesterday and according to the FedEx tracking information, the package is in Maryland. So, I'll just cross my fingers and hope that they deliver it today. If not, I'll just pass time with the C&C Renegade demo due out today.
Old 02-15-02, 10:29 AM

after searching 4 stores Best Buy and Circuit City both said not til the 17th I then went to Electonics Boutique and got not til 11:00 and oon my fourth shot Babbages gave me my copy of cousre I have to go straight back to work because i am on company time. So i will not get to play til aroun 5 o'clock tonight but at least i have . an amusing side note on the plastic wrapper there is a sticker that says Please check ID. Ok of f to work see ya
Old 02-15-02, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just ordered my copy over at Circuit City.com for $39.99. Even with tax and shipping, it is still cheaper than what I would have paid in a store.
Old 02-15-02, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

8.5 from Gamespot

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...848239,00.html
Old 02-15-02, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is in Dallas, about 30 miles away. Does UPS deliver on Saturday?
Old 02-15-02, 06:00 PM

I've been playing it for about an hour now and I like it a lot. It is basically the pedestrian riot cheat activated from GTA 3 on speed. I am a little over 50% complete on the first area. It is starting to get real difficult now. There is not a lot of guns around in the game, so conserve ammo.
Old 02-15-02, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Axl Rose
I've been playing it for about an hour now and I like it a lot. It is basically the pedestrian riot cheat activated from GTA 3 on speed. I am a little over 50% complete on the first area. It is starting to get real difficult now. There is not a lot of guns around in the game, so conserve ammo.
First post! Looks like a winner!
Old 02-24-02, 12:07 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
Even if it's HALF as good as GTA3 it'd still be genius. That's why I preordered mine.
Well, my theory turned around and bit me in the hindquarters. Any one wanna trade? Heh.

The camera angles are terrible. In Revolution mode especially, there's times you're defending a position and YOU CAN'T SEE who's coming at you.

Just as I start to enjoy Chaos mode I run out of time.

It's hard to see the freaking weapons laying around. You can only hand onto one at a time and they run out of ammo too quickly. There's no targeting (that I've noticed).

There's NO TIME to drink in the carnage and explosions ... rush, rush, rush.

It's such a freaking beating wading through the same increasingly less entertaining level to unlock other areas and characters.

You can't drive vehicles ... and no one else does either.

Ugh! I keep playing this trying to fool myself into thinking it's gonna get better any minute. Someone gimme some codes. Surely there's something juicy here someplace.
Old 02-24-02, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From Codewiz11's FAQ at gamefaqs.com

-CODES DURING PLAY-

-Invulnerable-
L1, L2, R1, R2, X

-Infinite Ammo-
L1, L2, R1, R2, Triangle, Square
can't be holding a weapon though

-Looting on the rise-
L1, R2, L2, Triangle, R1, L1, R2, L2, Triangle

-Tiny Sized Player-
R1, R2, L1, L2, X

-Big Sized Player-
R1, R2, L1, L2, Triangle

-Normal Sized Player-
R1, R2, L1, L2, Circle

-Punches Decapitate-
L1, L2, R1, R2, Square

-Infinite Time-
L1, L2, R1, R2, Circle

-Unlock Bull-
Right(4), X

-Unlock Spanky-
Right(4), Triangle

-Unlock Freak-
Right(4), Circle

-Pass Current Mission-
Left(4), Triangle
Old 02-24-02, 10:34 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Re: From Codewiz11's FAQ at gamefaqs.com

Originally posted by Joshic
-Invulnerable-
L1, L2, R1, R2, X

-Infinite Ammo-
L1, L2, R1, R2, Triangle, Square
can't be holding a weapon though

-Infinite Time-
L1, L2, R1, R2, Circle
Thanks to you I just killed 4,000 people at the mall. I'm so ashamed.
Old 02-25-02, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I picked it up on sunday from BB. (had a bunch of gift cards about) ok whassup with the check id thing? the little BB man carded me when i bought it. I headed over to see my roommate (workin hard at CompUSA)apprently same id check applies there too. there a notice from corperate about SoE you have to ask for id or there is a up 5g fine. what the hell is that? i take it home to play to fine out what is so wrong about this game that i need to be carded to buy it . i pop in said disc i play kaos mode cause its first and im lazy. ok this game has been hyped beyond belief. granted, its a lot of fun. its complete and total disray. i like that. way to chill out from the hard day. but its not worthy of id check. its very arcade like violence. hell mortal kombat i didnt get carded, but this? i get carded? and not gta3?? if i were compare violence to violence gta3 wins hands down. gta3 has a more real affect to it. SoE is childsplay. its fun ill play thru it, ill probably keep it for awhile when i wanna lay the smackdown on innocent civies. all in all it will probably collect dust on the shelf. im so glad i didnt pay full price for this.
my 2.2 cents
your i can't believe i was carded sista