Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Medal of Honor: AA Multiplayer... more addictive than crack?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-13-02, 09:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

I've never played a game so much for so long. It's insane. My favorite modes are team match & objective match... I like being able to coop with other people, instead of just going free-for-all. As far as weapons go, I'm partial to the Allied Thompson SMG and the Axis StG 44 (their MG).

If anyone's interested in finding me online, my MOHAA name is [BOHICA] Charlie Foxtrot.

Last edited by Static Cling; 02-13-02 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-13-02, 10:59 PM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

I havent played multiplayer yet, but I've been playing the hell out of single player. I'm down to the last mission, and I can't beat it no matter how hard I try. In the first part, I keep getting shot and it takes me 2 or 3 minutes to actually find the guy, and by then im down to 20 health. I guess having only 20 fps outside doesn't help too much. any strategies on getting past this very very difficult part?

Once I beat the single player, I'll probably move onto multiplayer and see how that turns out. Only other game I play online is Quake 2 (and I still play it..) . Sorry to get really off topic but I'm still on topic, somewhat .
Old 02-14-02, 02:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

Yeah, that's about what I did... finished single player (yes, the last mission IS really hard), and then figured I'd try multiplayer and see what the hoopla was all about. I'd never played any games online consistently, so this was a great introduction to online gaming. I have SO much more fun playing online because you get to play co-op and poke fun at people.
Old 02-14-02, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I haven't played MOH yet, although the demo was pretty sweet. Although Day of Defeat 2.0 has turned me on to the whole WW2 multiplayer thing. Being an allied sniper on the Overlord map is the best.
Old 02-16-02, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this was my first experience with online gaming

I just went through gamespy arcade and chose the server with the best ping for me. Is that the best way to do it? I'd really like to hook up with some fellow dvdtalker's (static and others) but I don't know which IP or server you're playing on. I'm always shuki out there Yeah, the noob gettin mopped... but havin' a blast

also, is the roger wilco thing a good thing? and can you / do you use it with MoHAA? how does that work exactly?
Old 02-16-02, 05:10 PM
Mod Emeritus

Would this game run with a Athlon 750, a G4MX card, 400mb of ram, and Windows XP?
Old 02-16-02, 07:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Shuki
I just went through gamespy arcade and chose the server with the best ping for me. Is that the best way to do it?

Yeah, pretty much... you can also use The All-Seeing Eye (http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/), which works well, too, and lets you sort through the servers better than GameSpy, IMO.
I'd really like to hook up with some fellow dvdtalker's (static and others) but I don't know which IP or server you're playing on. I'm always shuki out there
The way I hook up with my [BOHICA] peeps is talking to them on an IM program and finding out a server that we both get good pings on.
Yeah, the noob gettin mopped... but havin' a blast
The way I got better was watching other people, basically. Use the right weapon for the job (don't snipe with a shotgun, don't get up close and dirty with a sniper rifle), and shoot and move. Avoid being predictable, unless you think you can get away with it.
also, is the roger wilco thing a good thing? and can you / do you use it with MoHAA? how does that work exactly?
Not sure what you're talking about, but if it's a way to voice communicate with other people, that would kick butt. Don't know if it's supported. Even though MOHAA has some pre-selected voice commands, it's still sort of clumsy to use them unless you know where they are by heart.
Old 02-16-02, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Would this game run with a Athlon 750, a G4MX card, 400mb of ram, and Windows XP?
It runs on my Celeron 450, GF2, 192mb ram and windows XP, i don't see how it wouldn't run on yours.
Old 02-17-02, 11:19 AM

moh

this is the best PC game I have ever played.

Yes, I think it is more addicting than crack.

I've played for 6 hours in one day...Multiplayer only...haven't finished the single player yet.

Look for: Dino Bravo

I love being an axis sniper on the Hunt map.

Shotgun rules on the Rocket map.

God l love this game...
Old 02-17-02, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

while I actually did used to smoke crack I don't think MoHAA is quite as addictive

But we should all hook up sometime on the same server. If I'm gonna get blown away by someone I'd rather it be by you guys rather than by strangers
Old 02-17-02, 09:14 PM

I actually started multiplayer first. Played mp for about 3 weeks, and today I started sp on hard. Actually got the medal for mission 1 too. Woo hoo!
Old 02-18-02, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
No, that computer is WAY too slow. You need at LEAST a 2 ghz machine.

It ran really well for the most part on my p3 733, GF2, 348 meg, XP machine
Old 02-21-02, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling
you can also use The All-Seeing Eye (http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/), which works well, too, and lets you sort through the servers better than GameSpy, IMO.
I'm using this 21 day trial version and I really like it But what's the deal with having to register? It's nice and all but I'm not sure it's worth the $20 price tag.... what do you think?

Last edited by Shuki; 02-21-02 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-21-02, 05:01 AM

damn not another online game to be addicted to

i've been playing RTCW for the past 4 months...is this game like it?

i gotta check it out later
might consider purchasing it if multiplayer is good