Reload this Page >

halo....online gaming?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

halo....online gaming?

Old 02-21-02, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
halo....online gaming?

Has anyone tested this? I pulled this off of amazon:

This may work great with you windows people, but I have a mac...stop laughing, please. Are there any directions for how to use a mac with halo and online gaming? I'm sure bill's thinking of this down the road, but for right now it doesn't seem so.
Old 02-21-02, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml

option number 2 for playing Halo online. I think this way is probably easier but I don't know how it applies to mac users... sorry...
Old 02-21-02, 10:48 AM

Re: halo....online gaming?

Originally posted by dglaser6
I'm sure bill's thinking of this down the road, but for right now it doesn't seem so.
I really don't think Bill is thinking about this down the line. You won't need a PC when they launch their online service.
Old 02-21-02, 10:56 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

CyberRock is correct.

Bill is going to make online play as easy as possible. You will not be going through a computer when the online network launches in early summer.

You will just connect your XBox to your broadband connection, pay whatever fee structure they are working out, and you just play.

Gamespy is a "free" way to play system link games if you have all the equipment you need. MS will not be using all of that equipment for people to play online.

Also, I've tried Gamespy for Halo online. It's pretty fun it you can find a connection with very little lag. If you can get a good 3 on 3 CTF game going, it's a heck of a lot of fun.

Go hear if you want to read about MS's online plans for the XBox:

http://www.teamxbox.com/article.php?id=292&t=e