DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Question about GameCube with Ebay (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/164173-question-about-gamecube-ebay.html)

Get Me Coffee 12-05-01 05:22 PM

Question about GameCube with Ebay

Okay I need some input....

I sold a Game Cube to a 'newbie' ebay member. Well she has had it for a week. And now wants to return it because she feels that she paid too much. She is demand to return it. However, I stated that ALL SALES FINAL. This is a perfectly good Game Cube. She's just unhappy that she paid too much for it. The funny thing is, she set the price. It's a damn auction fool!!!

So the question is....what would you guys do? Accept the return and be stuck with a opened Game Cube or Fight this to the end and not accept the return!

Liver&Onions 12-05-01 05:28 PM

She's stuck with it. If she set the price, then she should have cancelled prior to it ending. Consult the ebay rules... if you said All sales final, then that's that. I mean, people who bought empty boxes for $400 have to pay for it, it was in the description, and therefore not fraudulent.

Mattalos 12-05-01 05:38 PM

Yeah, you're not doing anything wrong. You don't have to do a damned thing. And there's nothing she can do to you, either.

Trelach24 12-05-01 06:39 PM

Is she hot??? :D

Don Catchpole 12-05-01 06:45 PM

There is no way I'd refund her money on this one. I am really surprised she didn't just tell you she didn't want it or that it didn't work but that she paid too much is no excuse. You should write her and tell her that if she thought that she paid too much then why did she pay it? That's the kind of decision that you make right away. Did you read my post entitled "how desperate should I be for a gamecube"? I went through a similar situation and it worked out well. I know you want to avoid that negative feedback thing but if she's already left feedback she is completely stuck. By the way, how much did she pay? Just curious.

Gallant Pig 12-05-01 07:03 PM

How much did you get?

Get Me Coffee 12-05-01 07:48 PM

She only paid $232 + $20 for shipping. That is no big deal! It wasn't like $300 bucks! This lady really needs to cool off. I wonder if she sent it back to me today? If she did I'm not going to accept delivery.

I guess she's going to also leave negitive feedback. Which kinda sucks. Because I sent a Game cube to her the next day, packed it with great care. I did everything right! But I'm not going to be pushed around from a psycho.

Thanks everyone for your feed back. It helps!

DVDKrayzie 12-05-01 08:38 PM

shoot, if she sends it back, you just made yourself $232 :)

KrackerBox 12-05-01 09:04 PM

can't you complain to the ebay people? cuz if she leaves negative feedback it seems unfair for you since you didn't do anything wrong.

Get Me Coffee 12-05-01 09:14 PM

I did speak with ebay. But they have limited control over this. It's very frustrating.

Don Catchpole 12-05-01 09:27 PM

Originally posted by White Knight
I did speak with ebay. But they have limited control over this. It's very frustrating.
They almost never ever get involved. I wrote them several times over only to get the same generic responses. Here's that thread I was referring to. I sure hope yours works out as well. Something tells me the lady you are dealing with is headed for lots of negative feedback in her future.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...for+a+gamecube

KrackerBox 12-05-01 09:33 PM

well then, i think the best bet for you is to email her, very courteously and tell her that you have no power to do anything anymore since it is an open system and she willingly bid on it. if you were to take it back, you would lose money because it was opened, and it would cause extra work for you to put it back on ebay etc. i think if you treat her politly, it would be better than to yell at her about how stupid she really is. people like this get overly emotional and angery, and to avoid negative feedback, just try to be nice. thats my suggestion. goodluck.

Get Me Coffee 12-05-01 09:36 PM

Thanks Don for all the help. hey to bad I couldn't have sold my game cube to you, instead of miss. psycho.

Don Catchpole 12-05-01 09:48 PM

If you do for some reason have to take that system back make sure you file for your ebay fees back and you could write in your auctions from now on "negative and zero feedback bids will be cancelled". I've seen that lots on ebay. I don't leave negative feedback ever for people even if they are a non paying bidder, there is usually a good excuse but this lady is pushing it. My intuition tells me it's not that she overpaid but she either found one in the store or she's got financial problems and just wants the money. You could tell her that legally she isn't entitled to her shipping charges refunded, that alone could keep her from returning it. Hope that helps. Best of luck to you.
ps.I just now noticed that you were helping me in that previously mentioned thread and there is a link to that auction. You had a second highest bid of 230 and there she is at 232.50. Guess that makes her overpaying by 2.50 :)

ClarkKentKY 12-05-01 10:06 PM

This lady is retarded. She bought it at a premium so che could actually get one, and now that she has it she wants to return it. Listen, if you had "all sales final" in your description, then you're fine. I wouldnt' give into her. Just take the negative feedback and move on. Some people have incredible nerve. She entered the Bid price, if she didn't want to spend that amount she shouldnt' have fought to win it at that price.

Damned stupid-people baffle me.

Gallant Pig 12-05-01 10:14 PM

I'm guessing why this is why most people won't accept bids from newbies. Sucks, but if I were you I wouldn't touch someone without 20+ feedback in the future with a 10 foot e-pole.

Stupid bitch :(

Get Me Coffee 12-05-01 11:35 PM

WOW! Check this one out. It looks to me that this nut case bought up too many Game Cubes and decided to return them.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...&all=0&rows=25

Check out that link. This is unreal. What a psycho!!! The question comes to mind....why did she purchase all these systems? Look at the times for each auction close. This is crazy.

SnoopDogg 12-05-01 11:54 PM

WOW! Check this one out. It looks to me that this nut case bought up too many Game Cubes and decided to return them.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...&all=0&rows=25

Check out that link. This is unreal. What a psycho!!! The question comes to mind....why did she purchase all these systems? Look at the times for each auction close. This is crazy.

'

haha.. Are you the one that left the Negative.

Get Me Coffee 12-05-01 11:58 PM

Yea I know, that's odd. I contacted the other 3 to see if they are having similar problems.

I can't wait to find out.

Get Me Coffee 12-06-01 12:03 AM

check this out!!!!!! I got a return email from one of the three.

<i>Hey there. They never even wanted it! Right after the auction
ended...one in which they bid right up until the last moment...they said
they did not want it!
Here is what they sent to me:

"i got a different game cube at a lower price but if you are offering to
lower your price to me for my son for christmas i woudl be glad to."

I notified ebay about this loser but they can't do anything about him. I
want to NEG him, but will surely get one back.
What to do?

Good luck! Mark</>

ClarkKentKY 12-06-01 12:03 AM

Wow... what a nutbar. I feel for you man.

IC_Freeze 12-06-01 12:31 AM

haha sorry but this thread is funny. to whoever sold the gc, you dont have to do anything. if she takes you to court, the judge will have a good laugh.

ClarkKentKY 12-06-01 12:33 AM

WHITE KNIGHT...

Tell that person to forward that email to EBAY.... It's so obvious what she's trying to do. she's winning the auction then trying to negotiate a lower price with people. No telling what woudl be missing from the system if she mailed it back. This has scam written all over it.

lordzeppelin 12-06-01 12:53 AM

Here's what I do...file a bidder complaint form, drop a negative, file for refund, then tell them to stick it. I'm sorry, but if you bid on it and pay for it, it's yours. It's not like you can run back to a person at a fleamarket and get a refund, so same goes for eBay. I have no sympathy for someone who knowingly bids on something, pays for it, gets it, opens it, then decides they don't want it. Tell her to sell it herself. Idiots on eBay...geez.

tsigo 12-06-01 01:02 AM

Hell no you don't give her a refund. Especially since you even said all sales were final. It definately sounds like a form of scam, but since she now owns it, it's her problem to either use it, or sell it herself.

DamingR 12-06-01 01:39 AM

I had a similar problem once with a lady who wanted to return The House of the Dead 2 for Dreamcast because the game didn't work with her light gun. I explained to her that Sega had not released a light gun because it didn't work right with the game, but she was just a huge jerk about the whole thing.

I archived all the e-mails and put it on my webpage because her e-mails were so crazy they were funny. When she left me feedback I responded (on my own feedback sheet) with the URL to the page.

I would do the same thing. NEG her and she'll get kicked off Ebay, so the NEG on your account will be from a user no longer registered, plus you can offer evidence as to why you ended up with a NEG.

If she sends you the unit back just keep it. I see no reason why you should feel obligated to send her any money or the system back. Sounds like justice to me.

Cyberock 12-06-01 02:15 AM

Tell her it's now a used system and you'll only refund part of her money. This way you can sell it again on ebay :)

Groucho 12-06-01 05:17 AM

Well, now I'm glad I just returned my extra cube instead of doing the ebay thing. It's clear this lady doesn't understand how ebay works. She put bids in on several auctions, figuring that she'd only pay for the one with the best price. She's been spoiled by Walmart and other stores with liberal return policies. Negative feedback is meaningless to her...no doubt if she ever decides to bid again some day she'll just roll up another account.

My guess is that she finally noticed that these aren't that hard to get (Nintendo is keeping up with the demand), so she's pissed. My advice is that you keep her money and blow her off. Respond to every email she sends you with "ALL SALES ARE FINAL." She has zero recourse, legally or through ebay, so you have nothing to fear but negative feedback.

AgtFox 12-06-01 08:56 AM

White Knight, this is fricking hilarious. She obviously has no idea how eBay works. She bid on several GameCubes so she could get one and then she retracts after she finds the cheapest one or tries to get the higher bids down to below the lowest bid.

Her kid probably said, "I want a GameCube mommy." Then she went to the local stores and didn't find any (or she didn't look hard enough), so she decides to get on her computer and go to the place she keeps hearing about...eBay. She registers and doesn't read the rules. She goes and bids on several GameCubes and wins several GameCubes. She then buys the system from you and tells the others that they have to go lower than you to buy from them. She gets your GameCube, gives it to her kid, but the kid has no games to play. Mom figures out she has to go out and buy games for the system and won't have any of that, so she decides to send it back to you.

You and the other sellers she won from should all file a grievance with eBay on her. By the time everything is done, she won't ever want to come onto eBay again. The real sad thing about this is that there are some kids (or adults) out there that aren't getting GameCubes because of her. Not that I condone outrageous prices for a GC on eBay. Your price wasn't too outrageous though. Keep us updated please.

Oh yeah, forgot one thing. If she gives you negative feedback, you have a chance to write a retraction to the negative feedback. I would recommend you do so. Try to put the problems with her in the limited characters eBay gives you. Serious bidders look at negative feedback and will notice your retraction to her negative feedback. Chances are they will blow the negative feedback off since she herself has negative feedback, is a new user and it's obvious you are being truthful about the situation.

RoQuEr 12-06-01 09:54 PM

feel free to leave negative feedback. After the other sellers file complaints for non payment, she will be banned, and any negatives that you do have from her will become neutrals.

Get Me Coffee 12-07-01 08:31 AM

I"m going to get in touch again with the other sellers. That's a good plan. Thanks!

Get Me Coffee 12-12-01 03:58 PM

<CENTER><B>*UPDATE*</B></CENTER>

Guess what just arrived at my door by my friendly UPS guy. HAHAHAH Nintendo Game Cube!!!! Jokes on the nut case...just declined the shippment. Yup didn't accept it!!! HAHAHA I can't believe she went through with it. She just wasted money on shipping fee.

SnoopDogg 12-12-01 05:47 PM

Guess what just arrived at my door by my friendly UPS guy. HAHAHAH Nintendo Game Cube!!!! Jokes on the nut case...just declined the shippment. Yup didn't accept it!!! HAHAHA I can't believe she went through with it. She just wasted money on shipping fee.

Man I would have just kept the Gamecube and the money.

ClarkKentKY 12-12-01 05:52 PM

Wow, i just searched for this thread for the update....

You should have kept it and her money just because she's clueless... you're not walmart, what does she expect! What a nutbar.

I jsut noticed she still only has 1 Neg on her feedback. get those seller's she's screwing with to leave feedback. You included. Leave negative feedback.

With enough Neg feedback she'll be kicked off and your negative (should she leave it) will be turned into a neutral and discredited by the NOT A REGISTERED MEMBER tag.. :)

Craziness. :)

bbox 12-12-01 06:29 PM

Originally posted by RoQuEr
feel free to leave negative feedback. After the other sellers file complaints for non payment, she will be banned, and any negatives that you do have from her will become neutrals.
I didn't realize they did that... it makes alot of sense. I always get a little nervous about leaving negative feedback, because they are sure to retaliate with negative feedback to me. How many negatives are allowed until the account gets removed?

bbox 12-12-01 06:33 PM

LOL, she is crazy. I think you did the right thing by refusing shipment. Had you kept it, you could be liable somehow, and it wouldn't be honest ....

Jeraden 12-12-01 07:03 PM

A similar thing happened to me a couple Xmas's ago when Gameboy Colors were in short supply. I had a sealed one up and some joker apparently bid on about 10 of them. After the auction ended I got some email to the effect of "I don't know whats going on, I won all these Gameboy auctions and I only wanted 1 of them. Sorry, I don't want yours." Apparently he just kept the cheapest one. Jerk. At least he declined mine before we made a transaction out of it, yours is even more of a jerk.

Anthony Soprano 12-12-01 09:36 PM

No refunds, no exchanges, too bad, so sad.

Sominex 12-12-01 10:12 PM

Who ever said about just answering EVERY email of hers with

"ALL SALES FINAL"

had the right ticket there. That is perfect!

Great stuff...

I know it would piss me off, writing email after email of long thought out words and then just getting an email that says

"ALL SALES FINAL"

:-)

Mezzanine 12-13-01 12:46 AM

Originally posted by RoQuEr
I thought they stopped doing that over a year ago... Are you sure they're doing it again?