Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

When buying multiple controllers, does anyone else try to get different colors?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-04-01, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When I was out buying extra controllers for my Dreamcast, I made sure to try and buy different colors. Why? I don't know. What would really be helpful would be if the controller stored a little picture of itself in its rom and passed it to the current game when needed. So when there are four players selecting their teams and what not you could easily tell who was player one, player two, etc.

I just thought I would share.
Old 12-04-01, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I always buy different colors if possible. With the Dreacast and Playstation I always use a black controller, my wife always uses green, and my son always uses blue. They will have to choose something different for the Gamecube though since blue and green aren't an option.
Old 12-04-01, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Definately. For the DC I always use the black controller I got with the special black sports pack DC. Nobody uses that controller but me!
Old 12-04-01, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thats what I am doing with my cube..... so far I have black and indigo... soon I will have spice and indigo/clear
Old 12-05-01, 01:38 AM

Yes. It makes it easier to determine who's controller is who and gives you more variety visually (like w/ nintendo if you like some of the different colors you can have something in each one). If its not an option then it does not matter (I have two black PS2 ones), and generally with these better controllers now a days I can't afford to buy 4 at 35-40 a pop so the color choice is good when bringing your controller somewhere else so you can identify yours (very good if someone had one w/ problems). There's no way I'm going to buy more than one Gamecube controller when I get one because 3 people I know have one plus extra controllers each. Its great that they all have 4 so we can play multiplayer at their houses so maybe I owe it to them, but hey, I bought extra controllers for my PS2 so I did my share