Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Has Anybody Else Notice The Winning Bidders Of The X-box On Ebay Have A Feedback Of 0

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Has Anybody Else Notice The Winning Bidders Of The X-box On Ebay Have A Feedback Of 0

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-01, 04:59 PM
RMMETHOS34

It`s seems like all the winning bidders for the x-box on ebay have a feedback of 0,strange,any thoughts about this?
Old 11-30-01, 05:01 PM
RMMETHOS34

not all but most.
Old 11-30-01, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably means one of two things

1. Sellers aren't getting what they want and creating a new account to bid what they would like to get. Unfortunately for them, this is too high and no real bidder is biting.

2. Many new users are swarming Ebay because they can't find Xbox locally. That was the case last year with PS2, but I find it hard to believe this year since Xbox isn't nearly so hard to find.
Old 11-30-01, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I looked last week, there were many XBox auctions ending within an hour or so, but none of them up to the reserve price the sellers had set.
Old 11-30-01, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

probably 12-year-old fanboys just trying to cause a stir. I noticed it too.
Old 11-30-01, 05:42 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

They are just pissed their "investments" aren't paying off, so they try it again.

Microsoft is stocking the shelf each week with 120,000 XBoxes. Therefore people aren't going out to Ebay to purchase one at an inflated price.
Old 12-01-01, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by RJainMJ
Probably means one of two things

1. Sellers aren't getting what they want and creating a new account to bid what they would like to get. Unfortunately for them, this is too high and no real bidder is biting.

2. Many new users are swarming Ebay because they can't find Xbox locally. That was the case last year with PS2, but I find it hard to believe this year since Xbox isn't nearly so hard to find.

There are always many new users who swarm to ebay looking for merchandise which is hard to find. I would say there are a few who do bid on their own merchandise to stimulate a sale but not many.
Old 12-01-01, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I recently sold two gamecube systems on ebay. Both winning bidders had 0 feeback (with the little sunglasses) and both payed for the auction via paypal within one hour of auction ending. I would think that most of the 0 feedback users are just new users who must go to ebay as a final solution for finding these consoles.
Old 12-02-01, 01:39 AM

That's pretty common with "hard to find" items that have a large release and broad interest. It's the same on XBox and GC. All reasons stated above are probably a little correct.
Old 12-03-01, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I try not to notice EBay.
Old 12-04-01, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

my buyer had a (2), but had been registered longer than I have (9/99)