DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Has Anybody Else Notice The Winning Bidders Of The X-box On Ebay Have A Feedback Of 0 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/162845-has-anybody-else-notice-winning-bidders-x-box-ebay-have-feedback-0-a.html)

RMMETHOS34 11-30-01 04:59 PM

Has Anybody Else Notice The Winning Bidders Of The X-box On Ebay Have A Feedback Of 0

It`s seems like all the winning bidders for the x-box on ebay have a feedback of 0,strange,any thoughts about this?

RMMETHOS34 11-30-01 05:01 PM

not all but most.

RJainMJ 11-30-01 05:04 PM

Probably means one of two things

1. Sellers aren't getting what they want and creating a new account to bid what they would like to get. Unfortunately for them, this is too high and no real bidder is biting.

2. Many new users are swarming Ebay because they can't find Xbox locally. That was the case last year with PS2, but I find it hard to believe this year since Xbox isn't nearly so hard to find.

Alvis 11-30-01 05:30 PM

When I looked last week, there were many XBox auctions ending within an hour or so, but none of them up to the reserve price the sellers had set.

ClarkKentKY 11-30-01 05:32 PM

probably 12-year-old fanboys just trying to cause a stir. I noticed it too.

Flay 11-30-01 05:42 PM

They are just pissed their "investments" aren't paying off, so they try it again.

Microsoft is stocking the shelf each week with 120,000 XBoxes. Therefore people aren't going out to Ebay to purchase one at an inflated price.

djones6746 12-01-01 08:19 AM

Originally posted by RJainMJ
Probably means one of two things

1. Sellers aren't getting what they want and creating a new account to bid what they would like to get. Unfortunately for them, this is too high and no real bidder is biting.

2. Many new users are swarming Ebay because they can't find Xbox locally. That was the case last year with PS2, but I find it hard to believe this year since Xbox isn't nearly so hard to find.

There are always many new users who swarm to ebay looking for merchandise which is hard to find. I would say there are a few who do bid on their own merchandise to stimulate a sale but not many. :)

diacritic 12-01-01 08:38 AM

I recently sold two gamecube systems on ebay. Both winning bidders had 0 feeback (with the little sunglasses) and both payed for the auction via paypal within one hour of auction ending. I would think that most of the 0 feedback users are just new users who must go to ebay as a final solution for finding these consoles.

mmeadows 12-02-01 01:39 AM

That's pretty common with "hard to find" items that have a large release and broad interest. It's the same on XBox and GC. All reasons stated above are probably a little correct.

Brian Shannon 12-03-01 08:41 AM

I try not to notice EBay.

RoQuEr 12-04-01 12:53 AM

my buyer had a (2), but had been registered longer than I have (9/99)