Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What would you like to see in Grand Theft Auto 4?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What would you like to see in Grand Theft Auto 4?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-01, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Aghama
Enterable buildings are a must.
Hmm. Well, if you're going to enter buildings, then the stuff inside has to be modeled and textured. A couple of missions that involve entering buildings might be cool, but modeling a whole city, inside and out, would take a lot of people, a very long time.
Old 12-22-01, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by ScandalUMD

Hmm. Well, if you're going to enter buildings, then the stuff inside has to be modeled and textured. A couple of missions that involve entering buildings might be cool, but modeling a whole city, inside and out, would take a lot of people, a very long time.
Well plus, you CAN enter buildings. I've been inside many buildings in this city. There's the rich guy's house and there's ammunations and there's a bunch of places you can smash the glass with a car and get inside. It would certainly be nice to be able to enter every building and go up to hotel rooms and have sex with prostitutes or eat in a restaurant or take a dump in someone's bathtub, but this is only 2001 - a game like that would have to come out for the PS3 or the X-Box 2 sometime in the next decade or so... scandal is right.
Old 12-22-01, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Trigger

What do you mean? Adult console games have been around since the Atari 2600. That's almost 20 years, homer.
I have yet to see an adult console game. They have been close (mk2, gta3), but nothing on a console has gotten rated AO, and only about ten on pc have got a AO.
Old 12-22-01, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by tygloalex

I have yet to see an adult console game. They have been close (mk2, gta3), but nothing on a console has gotten rated AO, and only about ten on pc have got a AO.
The rating system is only a few years old, and wasn't around during the 2600. There was a game I think was called Custer's revenge where all you did was go around and rape indian women tied to cactuses. That would get a AO on the consoles.
Old 12-22-01, 12:24 PM

There were four 'adult' Atari 2600 games. Along with Custer's Revenge, there was Beat'em and Eat'em (think Kaboom with bombs being replaced by what you may guess from the title) and Flesh Gordon (I believe). The fourth title completely escapes me, though.

Also, 2600's Halloween may have earned an Adult rating in its day. I can only guess that's what any game whose goal was to track down and kill children would receive.

{What a waste of neurons and synapses to be able to remember these games }
Old 12-22-01, 12:41 PM
Banned

I'm just hoping that GTA4 is allowed....GTA3 is receiving (and will [b]definitely receive after X-Mas) bad press with all the violence and such (cop killing etc.) So Rockstar will be lucky in my book just to be able to make GTA4.

As long as it expands upon GTA3 then I'll buy it. Rockstar has impressed quite a few people, including me, so whatever they do is fine with me.