Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What would you like to see in Grand Theft Auto 4?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-01, 09:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As much as I love playing GTA3 I think it really only skimmed the surface of all the possibilities that could be in the game. Here's a list of some cool stuff me and my friend thought of..

More weapons!
Sword - so you can cut people up!
Misc Items on the street (broken glass, etc)

More vehicles!
Motorcylces - are a must!
Horses - yes riding around on horseback would be awesome!

Some other features could include:
Being able to jump out your car while its moving
Being able to go inside buildings, which could open an entire new wave of possibiliies
Taking people hostage! Great feature where you could bargain with police for certain items.

So what are some of your ideas?
Old 11-29-01, 10:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Motorbikes were an option in (at least) GTA1... I wonder why they nixed them for GTA3. Going into buildings would be cool, too.

More map options would be nice. I would like the ability to mark different places like paint shops, Ammu-Nations, whatever, on my map, and be able to toggle them on and off so things don't get too cluttered.

Honestly... I think Rockstar Games really nailed it with GTA3. I'm really hard-pressed to think of ways that it sucks.

Banshee good!
Old 11-29-01, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How about a nice old fashioned Irish Soccer Riot? I wish they would put that option in a bunch of games, like GTA3, FIFA...
Old 11-29-01, 10:58 PM

20+ player online play so we can waste each other.
Old 11-29-01, 11:43 PM

I'd like to be able to work the counter at Dunkin Donuts!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm donuts
Old 11-29-01, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jumping out of cars would be nice. If your car burts into flames i hate the fact that you have to stop to get out. I'd love to see him bail and roll thru the street.

Having other means of transportation would be nice. The subway and train take forever and I'm sure later on cars will just seem boring.
Old 11-29-01, 11:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by lordzeppelin
How about a nice old fashioned Irish Soccer Riot? I wish they would put that option in a bunch of games, like GTA3, FIFA...
Supposedly, Rockstar Games is putting out a game based on (no kidding) the Seattle riots. I forget what it's called... but basically, it's a 3rd person "riot simulator."

Fire bad!
Old 11-30-01, 12:31 PM

The riot game by Rockstar is called State of Emergency, it's supposed to come out in January.
Old 11-30-01, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterable buildings are a must. The ability to climb and/or jump a reasonable height. Being able to bail out of a car would be nice, too.
Old 11-30-01, 05:48 PM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

There is only one major thing I would like to be upgraded on it. When I get on high buildings, and I look down, there is no cars and only about 5 people on the street. I would like for it to be normal, cars on the streets, and pedestrians as well. I know it is a memory issue, but hopefully they will be able to address it. And I hope the violence will stay the same as in GTA3, since that is what makes it more enjoyable .
Old 12-01-01, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling
Supposedly, Rockstar Games is putting out a game based on (no kidding) the Seattle riots. I forget what it's called... but basically, it's a 3rd person "riot simulator."
Oh, I know. I just feel the more games that you can incite riots, the better. Like if Winning Eleven (a european football game) had the riot option, I'd import it in a second. I can see it now "The Leeds fans are getting rowdy here at Newcastle upon Tyne...this could get ugly...OH NO, THEY ARE RUSHING THE FIELD!"
Old 12-01-01, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jagernaut
The riot game by Rockstar is called State of Emergency, it's supposed to come out in January.
This game is going to rock!!!! There is a progressive mode(story driven and mission based and a freestyle mode where you can just do anything you like without worrying about anything as in Grand Theft Auto 3.

I would have liked to visit the Observatory on top of the 3rd Island...it is on the map but there is no way to get up there.....I took a car up the moutainside and could not find a place to get up around the cliff.....so......I drove off the side of the hill.

I would also like to see more interaction with certain buildings...interior etc....Cannot wait for GTA4
Old 12-01-01, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

maybe i haven't played enough of the game yet (only one third of the city is unlocked), but the ability to go into bulidings would be cool. like go into the poilice station ans start some stuff, etc.

that would be cool
Old 12-01-01, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by huh?
maybe i haven't played enough of the game yet (only one third of the city is unlocked), but the ability to go into bulidings would be cool. like go into the poilice station ans start some stuff, etc.

that would be cool
I am on my second time through.......last night I did not even play to progress the story......I sat down with my step-son and we played with all of the codes...especially the code where you give the citizens weapons....it is absolutely hilarious to see a guy down the street dousing pedestrians with a flamethrower.....of course..they are after your butt also.
Old 12-01-01, 01:53 PM

OK here is my (only) major problem with the game. IMO (and others I know) the shooting system sucks. In the heat of battle that weird targetting system just does not work for me.

Also, presumeably the graphics will be improved next time. Not that they're "bad", but there are a lot of wonky things going on like effects and textures dropping out and objects rather noticeably fading in. Of course, this is all easily over looked because the game is SO great and fun.
Old 12-02-01, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it would be cool if in GTA4 you had the ability to swim when you hit the water. Crash your car into the water, exit & swim to shore while avoiding police boats and the such.
Old 12-12-01, 08:22 PM

hmmm

sex maybe???? =)
Old 12-12-01, 08:40 PM

I know the game is a simulator and that it's easy to put yourself into the character's shoes by making him kinda generic. However, I was hoping for a more fleshed out story.

Hopefully they'll add a real character as the lead for GTA4. The best would be the ability to be different ciminals(a crooked cop, a woman, a teen rookie, an old timer, and follow different paths up the criminal ladder. It'd be cool if you became a boss and had guys running jobs for you and you could go up against other gangs and such. A mission pack ala' the retro London one for the PSOne would be nice too.

The amount of options and interaction in GTA3 is incredible, but by midway through the 2nd island I got kinda bored with it. It fell through the repetition of the first 2 games, which turned me off to them in the first place. I'll pick it up again eventually, but right now there's so many other games to play.
Old 12-13-01, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

More options with the hookers. I want the full thing not just a hum job.
Old 12-13-01, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
More options with the hookers. I want the full thing not just a hum job.
Sure, but it's gonna cost ya.
Old 12-13-01, 09:51 PM
Banned

if theres sex and the ability to mess with hookers a.k.a. have sex, this game GTA4 would be one of the first adult games.
Old 12-17-01, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd like to have the ability to steal helicopters and hijack airplanes (doubt that will happen soon). Kidnapping will also be a nice addition. Why aren't there ever any kids or animals on the street? Imagine all the roadkill. Well kids on the street may be too much for most people, but at least some people walking their dogs or something. I haven't played through the game yet, but I haven't seen the cops use spike-strips, so that would be cool. More destroyable environments would be nice too, like statues, outdoor food markets, etc.
Old 12-17-01, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Okay, I haven't played the game, but does it have the ability to walk into a car that someone has left running for a minute or two while he's in a convenience store to pick up a cup of coffee and take off? If not, add that-and bring it to GameCube.
Old 12-17-01, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A better aiming scheme is a must. Going into buildings would be GREAT, but I understand how much space and memory that would take.
Old 12-22-01, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by simpsonsfan04
if theres sex and the ability to mess with hookers a.k.a. have sex, this game GTA4 would be one of the first adult games.
What do you mean? Adult console games have been around since the Atari 2600. That's almost 20 years, homer.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.