Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Things I hate about "Smackdown!" on PS2.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-01, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) A lot of times, when you get up from a fall, your character will a lot of times automatically point toward the referee instead of your opponent causing you to "grab" at nothing. Pushing R2 will only sometimes get you pointed the right way.

2) The fact that you can not control the tagging in a tag match (at least not that I've found, the rule book doesn't even tell you how to tag!).

3) When in a cage match, the cage textures will sometimes block most of your view, giving your opponent (CPU) an easy grab.

4) You can't skip past a lot of the "talking" in story mode. It doesn't take me 20 seconds to read "I'm calling you out!".

5) No built in RVD .

6) In a cage match with 3 or 4 people, the CPU will ALWAYS climb out early on while you are either in a lock or knocked down. Does the other CPU controlled character stop the exit from the cage? Of course not.

7) You get all of 3-4 matches in story mode.

That's about all I have so far, but I've only played for a couple hours...
Old 11-28-01, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

#2 While your CPU teammate is in the ring doing his thing, if you wish to get back in, press the L2 button(or is it L1?), and your Player controlled character will extend his hand in the ring asking for a tag, the CPU player will tag you.

#5 yeah that sucks

This game is OK,but it cheatslike a mother.
Old 11-28-01, 07:33 AM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what is the consensus on this game? I think it was you Thunderball who was disapointed when you played it. I have it on the way from Amazon as I type this and should be here today. I am wondering if I should ebay it or should I open it? I did enjoy Smackdown! 2 on PSX if that means anything.

DAC
Old 11-28-01, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you enjoyed SD2 then t his should be right up your alley. I was never a huge Smackdown fan to begin with.

I still am disappointed in this game a little bit, as they had so much potential, only to take most of it out in the editing room.
Old 11-28-01, 02:28 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It just came. I don't have time to play now so I will think about it, but now that it is here I am sure I will tear into it and play it tonight. I have no self controll when there is a new game in the house.
Old 11-28-01, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Played it for about two hours yesterday and I don't like it that much. All of the complaints above are valid, but the lack of a real career mode really sucked. Story mode is just plain dumb. The wrestling itself is okay, but I was expecting a whole lot more in the PS2 version. My friend that bought it for his PS2 is okay with it, but he also felt it could have been a whole lot better.

My hopes now are on the Gamecube WWF game to come through.