Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Both GC and X-Box launched - so why are those threads still sticky?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-01, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to the moderator:

this thread will remain sticky at least until the X-Box/GC is officially launched.

Well...they've both launched. And both are still sticky. Doesn't that seem rather biased against the PS2 and GBA? If you don't want that many stickies, then combine all systems into one thread. Either that or don't make any of them stickies.
Old 11-27-01, 11:24 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you look at the comment by the moderator that you quoted it says that they will be sticky "at least" until the systems launch. It doesn't say that they were to be taken down as soon as they launched. Maybe his reasoning is that their is still more interest in these two systems, and people are still deciding which to buy.

As I said an earlier thread, I'd like to see the GC, X-box, PS2, and GBA release dates threads all made stickies. I don't think anything else is newsworthy enough to justify being stuck at the top of the page. Release date threads need it because the aren't going to generate a ton of replies, people will just look at the list. So it makes sense to keep them up top.
Old 11-28-01, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you, Josh. I just find it blatantly biased that the mod chose only certain consoles to be "sticky". I've already suggested before that the release dates for *all* consoles be combined into one thread, but no one answered my call.
Old 11-28-01, 02:56 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Grimfarrow
I agree with you, Josh. I just find it blatantly biased that the mod chose only certain consoles to be "sticky". I've already suggested before that the release dates for *all* consoles be combined into one thread, but no one answered my call.
Well hopefully www.videogametalk.com will get off the ground and we'll be able to move the release dates out of the forum and into their own page.

Personally I think sticky threads are pretty lame in general. If a thread is interesting it will get replies and stay on top, if not it will die off. However, this is a problem with release date threads as most people just look at the lists and don't reply. That's why they are better suited to have their own page, rather than a thread in a forum. They're holding an AIM chat tonight at 8 p.m. EST time if you'd be interested in helping with the site. Maybe you could to the PS2 and GBA release dates? See the threads here about it for more info.
Old 11-28-01, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by joshhinkle

Well hopefully www.videogametalk.com will get off the ground and we'll be able to move the release dates out of the forum and into their own page.

What an awesome site. Not much for videogames there, but they have some great DVD information.

jk

It would be nice for the more release date info to be posted. There is still stuff coming out for even the old PSone.
Old 11-28-01, 03:08 PM
Retired

Hopefully that link will eventually go to a site other than DVD talk.