Shining Force sequel for GBA!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-11-01, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From http://pocket.ign.com/news/38975.html

In anticipation of the Tokyo Game Show later this week, Sega has announced that it will reveal the next game in the Shining Force RPG series on the Game Boy Advance, Shining Soul. This game will be shown on video form only at the TGS in the Makuhari Messe this weekend.

The game will feature a four-player link play, requiring each player to have a copy of the game in their system. Four classes will be available: warrior, magician, archer, and beserker. The game will allow a certain level of customization, giving players the choice of color scheme and other features to their character.

The game is set for a Spring 2002 release in Japan, but no information on a US shipdate. We'll have more details on this game when it's revealed on the show floor later this week.

Old 10-13-01, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My prayers have been answered! Shining force has got to be my faviorite rpg of all time. Hopefully this one will be just as great!
Old 10-15-01, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Unfortunately, this is rumored to be an action-adventure, like Shining Wisdom (Saturn). But we'll see. I was hoping for a remake of Shining Force I and II.
Old 10-15-01, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
Unfortunately, this is rumored to be an action-adventure, like Shining Wisdom (Saturn). But we'll see. I was hoping for a remake of Shining Force I and II.
Yeah, I probably should have posted an addendum so as not to get people's hopes up. I too would love Shining Force I, II, and the Sega CD version on GBA, though.
Old 10-15-01, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

r u serious!!! this almost makes me want to buy a gba!! i LOVE shining force.
Old 10-15-01, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Since Camelot is now working exclusively for Nintendo its doubtful we will see the original team doing the new Shinning Force for Sega. That is a big reason to worry about the sequel.

However, Camelot did do Golden Sun and that game looks amazing.
Old 10-17-01, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

According to Sega, Shining Soul for GBA:
will be an action RPG featuring a four player link cable option so that more than one person can enjoy the quest. Four classes will be available: warrior, magician, archer, and beserker. The game will allow a certain level of customization, giving players the choice of color scheme and other features to their character.
Here are some pics:

Shining Soul, Golden Sun, Breath of Fire, and Taito just announced a new Lufia GBA RPG. The GBA is fast becoming gaming heaven for all RPGamers!
Square who?