Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Constellation (Apple TV+) — S: Noomi Rapace, Jonathan Banks — Sci-Fi Alternate Reality Thriller — 2/21/24

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Constellation (Apple TV+) — S: Noomi Rapace, Jonathan Banks — Sci-Fi Alternate Reality Thriller — 2/21/24

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-24, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Constellation (Apple TV+) — S: Noomi Rapace, Jonathan Banks — Sci-Fi Alternate Reality Thriller — 2/2

Season finale aired.

Some stuff happened.
There was explaining.

I have no idea what it was all about.

This sucked
Old 03-28-24, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
Re: Constellation (Apple TV+) — S: Noomi Rapace, Jonathan Banks — Sci-Fi Alternate Reality Thriller — 2/2

As a fan of multiverse and quantum mechanics (not that I fully understand them) I enjoyed this and would be down for a second season.
Spoiler:
As I understand it the experiment on the ship opened a multiverse and had at least 5 characters cross into the wrong world. Naomi, her daughter, the guy from Better Call Saul, the Russian woman, and the other astronaut running the experiment all either lived or died depending on which "where" they were in and shifted somehow to the other world with subtle differences like speaking Swedish or playing the piano or smaller details like calling mom 'mama" The woman was killed in an accident decades ago in her original time line and smashed into the space station when the experiment went live. that gets established at the very end.

Spoiler:
I liked the end scene where the dead body comes back to life and picks up the tablet. Makes me want a season 2 more.

Old 03-28-24, 11:08 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I felt there was a big build up to a resolution that was essentially, "ah well, let's make the best of it."
Old 04-03-24, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher
My wife and I caught up on this this week. It’s a weird show. I feel like at this point, the plot is pretty straightforward for those focused on paying attention to it, but if you’re paying that close of attention, it’s also kind of stupid and arbitrary. The performances are good and we’ve invested enough time that we’ll finish it, but it’s not something I’ll be enthusiastically recommending to anyone.
I was mistaken. We watched the penultimate episode this week and gave up. By then, it was such an incredible slog that we both agreed we didn't want to waste another hour on it. That's the first time we've ever pulled the plug on a season with just a single episode left. I can't remember another show that hooked us early and then fully squandered its potential and our goodwill.
Old 04-08-24, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 267 Likes on 195 Posts

I tried to watch the last one twice. Fell asleep once and just gave up the other time after
Spoiler:
he or whatever character he is smashed the CAL.

I will read someone's summary of it on the internet.

I read a recap glad I bailed. I just wish I had not wasted my time with it. Dumb.

For those that like it...why? Jumbled confusing mess even if you are paying attention.

I would be shocked if there was enough interest to bring it back for another season.

Last edited by d2cheer; 04-08-24 at 09:29 AM.