Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Conners (ABC) - Season 6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-24, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 283 Likes on 179 Posts
Re: The Conners (ABC) - Season 6 Thread

I was just about to post that Lecy wrote last night's ep, but that article link is great. Thanks!

It does seem like they were preparing to wrap things up just in case this was the very end.
--Ben is a journalist again
--Louise won school board election
--Dan's finally paying off the house

Now if Jerry Garcia Conner would walk in and say "hello," we'll be set.
Old 05-09-24, 09:59 PM

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm glad someone else noticed her writing credit at the beginning of the episode and pointed it out. It was great to see an episode that had as much Becky as it did Darlene. I guess if you want the screen time you have to write the script yourself on this show.

And she did a great job! I'm impressed that they allowed her to take on such a pivotal episode. She has a proven track record but still she did a great job giving her character more depth than we usually see and much needed verisimilitude. The hardware store could have easily looked like the writer got lazy and used it as deus ex machine to get Ben the magazine back but she pulled this off in a way that made you not know which way it was going to go until the end. Smart.

I got a chuckle when she conveniently sent Beverly Rose off to visit Daddy so she could have the screen time to herself!
The following users liked this post:
Dan1boy (05-10-24)
Old 05-10-24, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 294 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix
I got a chuckle when she conveniently sent Beverly Rose off to visit Daddy so she could have the screen time to herself!
Hopefully Beverly Rose will be 14 years old when they return for season 7 so we don't have to endure that horrible little kid anymore.
Old 05-10-24, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,772 Likes on 2,703 Posts

Officially renewed for a 6 episode final season: https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-con...nt-1235910995/
Old 05-11-24, 09:00 AM

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Sounds like they already have the final episode written but what are the chances they stick the landing?

Personally I'd love to see some variation on Six Feet Under's finale which fast forwarded through the highlights of each character's life so we can see where they end up.
The following users liked this post:
Dan1boy (05-11-24)
Old 05-27-24, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 974 Likes on 741 Posts

Let's get a pool going; guess which episode in the next season Mark gets arrested for hacking, and the family has to take up menial labor again to pay for his lawyer.