Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Last Thing He Told Me (Apple TV +) -- S: Jennifer Garner -- Premieres 4/14/23

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Last Thing He Told Me (Apple TV +) -- S: Jennifer Garner -- Premieres 4/14/23

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-23, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Apple TV+ today debuted the trailer for "The Last Thing He Told Me," the gripping limited series based on the acclaimed, #1 New York Times bestselling novel by Laura Dave. Starring and executive produced by Jennifer Garner, the seven-part drama features an ensemble cast that also incudes Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Angourie Rice, Aisha Tyler, Augusto Aguilera, Geoff Stults and John Harlan Kim. "The Last Thing He Told Me" is produced by Reese Witherspoon's Hello Sunshine and 20th Television, and will premiere globally on Apple TV+ with the first two episodes on Friday, April 14, 2023, followed by new episodes every Friday through May 19.

The series follows Hannah (played by Garner), a woman who must forge a relationship with her sixteen-year-old stepdaughter Bailey (played by Rice) in order to find the truth about why her husband has mysteriously disappeared.

Created and adapted by Laura Dave, alongside Academy Award-winning co-creator Josh Singer, "The Last Thing He Told Me" marks the first collaboration between the married Dave and Singer, who both serve as executive producers alongside Garner and Hello Sunshine's Reese Witherspoon and Lauren Neustadter. The series is produced for Apple by Hello Sunshine, who optioned the book from author Laura Dave and serves as the studio on the project with 20th Television. Olivia Newman directs the pilot episode, and the all-female director lineup for the series includes Deniz Gamze Erguven, Daisy Von Scherler Mayer, and Lila Neugebauer.
This is a 7 episode "limited series"

Looking at the trailer, I was surprised that this was a TV series. It felt more like a 2 hour movie.

Looks like we have an Alias reunion. Saw a quick glance of Victor Garber.
Old 04-13-23, 07:22 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts
Re: The Last Thing He Told Me (Apple TV +) -- S: Jennifer Garner -- Premieres 4/14/23

Old 04-13-23, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts
Re: The Last Thing He Told Me (Apple TV +) -- S: Jennifer Garner -- Premieres 4/14/23

Second streaming service limited series based on a bestseller that Reese has EP credit on in the past week. She's busy.
Old 07-17-23, 01:08 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Just watched over the weekend the conclusion was pretty unsatisfying
Old 03-27-24, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Renewed for a 2nd season. Season 1 aired almost 1 year ago.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/the...el-1235951040/

(Probably sitting in the "I'll get to it when I get to it! pile with DVD Talkers )
The following users liked this post:
Dan1boy (03-27-24)
Old 03-28-24, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 267 Likes on 195 Posts

We watched it because of Jennifer Garner...it was not good. So much so I hardly remember it or felt the need to post about it.
Old 03-28-24, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by d2cheer
We watched it because of Jennifer Garner...it was not good. So much so I hardly remember it or felt the need to post about it.
I haven't gotten around to it. But, it seems like most think the same way you do. Reviews were pretty bad.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/th...he_told_me/s01

42% RT score and 47% audience score. Ouch. It must have gotten good numbers for Apple despite the terrible reviews.