Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Flash (The CW) - The 9th and Final Season - premieres 2/8/23

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-23, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Re: The Flash (The CW) - The 9th and Final Season - premieres 2/8/23

What reports? Bitch ass Hater Fanboys and the CW have treated Patton like shit since early on. Grant didn't stick up for her, you had the Killer Frost Actress was being' shady towards her with Shipping Barry and Killer Frost
Old 02-09-23, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Yeah. Iris was easily the worst part of a pretty shitty show over the last few seasons. This show went off the rails when Ralph and Cisco left. It never recovered from that loss. I recorded the episode last night, simply because the season pass was still on my DVR. I may watch the season at some point but I certainly don't feel any real desire to unless reports are that this season is a vast improvement over the last few. It's not Supergirl level bad, but it is pretty damn close.
Old 02-09-23, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, fair enough. But I'm talking about how the "Iris Hate" has crossed over into "Candice Patton Hate" which is suggested by a previous post suggesting BTS "reports" say she isn't liked by cast. What did she do? Did she get Hartley fired? Cisco? How is any of that her fault. Am i missing something she did?
Old 02-09-23, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

The premiere was fine. It was definitely lighter in tone since it used the Groundhog Day premise. I know some of you bailed on the show for various reasons, so you're probably not going to dedicate 13 more hours to it.

Kaitlin was missing the entire episode, but they introduced some new version of her at the end. I did hear that Frost died in season 8.

And they did tease Joe leaving with Cecile since Jesse L Martin is no longer a regular and is only guest starring this season. His new show was picked up in December, so who knows how many appearances he will make.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/the-irr...er-1235207247/

Did they retcon Joe and Cecile's kid? I know they had a baby a few years ago, but the kid is never seen or mentioned. I can't remember when it was last seen on the show.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-09-23 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-10-23, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Am i missing something she did?
Unless you're on the set every day, probably.
Old 02-10-23, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by jjcool
Unless you're on the set every day, probably.

GTFOH.. On set actress shenanigans shit like that becomes public FAST. It does not stay hidden or filed away in so redacted "reports". Candice Patton isn't a big enough star to have anything bad on set she's though to have done hidden. Try again...

I still need these "reports" produced so I can see what she did!
Old 02-10-23, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Flash is far too fast to get caught in that exploding in one of the time loops.

One day out running a nuke by light years another day getting punched in the face my a regular human.
Old 02-10-23, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

Yeah, fair enough. But I'm talking about how the "Iris Hate" has crossed over into "Candice Patton Hate" which is suggested by a previous post suggesting BTS "reports" say she isn't liked by cast. What did she do? Did she get Hartley fired? Cisco? How is any of that her fault. Am i missing something she did?
Everything I heard and read is that Patton is a diva and hard to work with. I've heard this not only from behind the scenes of Flash, but that Patton herself is hard to deal with when hired to do appearances at comic and pop culture cons. Of course, the same was said of the original Aunt Viv in the Fresh Prince and there was a lot of shit going through her personal life that the cast didn't know about, so you never know if things are exaggerated or simply the "Iris hate" has turned into "Patton hate" as if she had something to do with how her character is written. Still, from day 1, she has had 0 chemistry with Grant Gustin and on the other hand, Gustin has had excellent chemistry with almost every female side character they brought to the show, from Felicity, to the cop, to Supergirl to Killer Frost.

Originally Posted by DJariya

Did they retcon Joe and Cecile's kid? I know they had a baby a few years ago, but the kid is never seen or mentioned. I can't remember when it was last seen on the show.
This has been part of the problem with the show. For all accounts, Joe and Cecile have baby Jenna, who by now should be 4-5 years old. The whole breakup makes 0 sense when you take into account Joe's character. It's just writers laziness and the fact that it seems everyone is just phoning it in.

Personally, I tuned out somewhere around season 7, mostly after everything that was predicted during the Crisis fell apart and the show became more Iris and team Flash centric than actual Flash. I hope season 9 finishes the series with a bang and bringing Red Death is kinda cool, but as seen on the first episode of the season, team Flash and Iris are treated more important than the main character. By now, Barry should be a seasoned pro with his powers, yet they still nerf him in order to portrayed Iris as somewhat important. For example, not being able to beat Captain Boomerang without Iris. Also, does everyone know that Flash is Barry? Cause having Iris as a sidekick in broad daylight kinda gives it away.
Old 02-11-23, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

GTFOH.. On set actress shenanigans shit like that becomes public FAST. It does not stay hidden or filed away in so redacted "reports". Candice Patton isn't a big enough star to have anything bad on set she's though to have done hidden. Try again...

I still need these "reports" produced so I can see what she did!
So you aren't on set everyday, yet you discount the numerous on set reports of problems. Nothing is hidden, you just seem to have your head in the sand about this particular actress. Interesting. I wonder why that is.
Old 02-11-23, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I can't remember whose wedding it was in the cast, but Patton was the only cast member not invited. I think Hollywood doesn't really know what to do with superhero spouses with no powers who aren't Lois Lane.
Old 02-13-23, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But she does have "powers", doesn't she?
Old 02-13-23, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So you aren't on set everyday, yet you discount the numerous on set reports of problems. Nothing is hidden, you just seem to have your head in the sand about this particular actress. Interesting. I wonder why that is.

look...when Actresses stand up for themselves and don't take shit.... what does Hollywood often do? Label them Difficult. This way then can blow off any kinda of make right actions and get the public to feel the same. It's a classic Hollywood Gaslight. We all know this happens and to be honest, it seems that is the case here.

I have an open mind about Candice. That's why I'm legit asking for the reports, since they were said to exist, and not just "Well I heard that...". Like I said, if she were a pain on set you'd have more than just fanboy rumors. And to be fair, IF she truly was a horror to work with then I could see where the writers would be assholes to her character.

We know for a FACT, DC Fandom treated her like shit and Harassed her. It's an easy Google. But when i googled "Candice Patton Hard to Work with" or "Candice Patton is a Difficult Diva" Nothing pops up. That coupled with the lack of support and protection from the CW and Warner is sad and disgusting. No actor or actress should have to go through that.

I wonder why that is.
No need to wonder it's because she's a Black Actress and I give a fuck. DC fandom has treated her like shit. The Iris hate crossed into Candice hate and none of these haters were on set so where does that hate come from?

Old 02-14-23, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

But she does have "powers", doesn't she?
Can she instantly heal from multiple concussions like Smallville's Lois?
Old 02-14-23, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Can she instantly heal from multiple concussions like Smallville's Lois?
Doesn't she have some sort of connection to the speedforce?
Old 02-14-23, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

look...when Actresses stand up for themselves and don't take shit.... what does Hollywood often do? Label them Difficult. This way then can blow off any kinda of make right actions and get the public to feel the same. It's a classic Hollywood Gaslight. We all know this happens and to be honest, it seems that is the case here.

I have an open mind about Candice. That's why I'm legit asking for the reports, since they were said to exist, and not just "Well I heard that...". Like I said, if she were a pain on set you'd have more than just fanboy rumors. And to be fair, IF she truly was a horror to work with then I could see where the writers would be assholes to her character.

We know for a FACT, DC Fandom treated her like shit and Harassed her. It's an easy Google. But when i googled "Candice Patton Hard to Work with" or "Candice Patton is a Difficult Diva" Nothing pops up. That coupled with the lack of support and protection from the CW and Warner is sad and disgusting. No actor or actress should have to go through that.

No need to wonder it's because she's a Black Actress and I give a fuck. DC fandom has treated her like shit. The Iris hate crossed into Candice hate and none of these haters were on set so where does that hate come from?
So some reports are to be believed and some aren't. You choose which ones based off the fact that she's black. Got it.
Old 02-21-23, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Who is the guy with the bad heart that broke Into the lab is episode 2?
He said he worked there before.

Will the lab get fixed structurally before the series ends?

Last edited by whotony; 03-09-23 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-22-23, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by whotony
Who is the guy with the bad heart that bro Into the lab is episode 2?

That's Hartley. We've seen him a few times over the course of the series. He's been a "villain" before, and apparently he is reformed somewhat. He used to work at Star Labs before Barry did.
Old 02-22-23, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Who is the guy with the bad heart that bro Into the lab is episode 2?

Hartley - Pied Piper.
He worked there before Barry was the Flash. After Dr. Wells hired Cisco he became jealous and left. He was bad in the OG timeline, then good after Barry changed something. I don’t remember when this third change back to bad happened.
Old 02-25-23, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

"I am Vengeance..."
Old 02-26-23, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Surprised someone hasn't made a power inhibitor dampener.

As always, the Flash forgets he can outrun nukes and could knock the villains (with no super speed) out before they can blink. I know, story reasons. I enjoy it well enough and we have had to overlook that for the life of the show.
Old 02-26-23, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The series was never particularly creative at giving Flash conflicts where his speed could actually be logically used without breaking the format. I think it's why they kept throwing other speedsters at him for years.
Old 03-02-23, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

Enjoyed episode 3 and how they’re sort of kind of adapting elements of “Death Metal” with Red Death. Still don’t care for most of the post-Cisco supporting cast but figure I’m in for the remainder of the series, it’s been enjoyable enough so far in season 9 once they stop moping.
Old 03-02-23, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

They used the Keaton Batman “You wanna get Nuts?” Let’s get Nuts!” lines in episode four. I thought it was neat then thought how many people in their target demo would know it?
Old 03-03-23, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Got to love that corporate synergy since Keaton Batman is about to show up again in a movie.
Old 03-04-23, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Got to love that corporate synergy since Keaton Batman is about to show up again in a movie.
And he says that line in the new movie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.