DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Flash (The CW) - The 9th and Final Season - premieres 2/8/23 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/657019-flash-cw-9th-final-season-premieres-2-8-23-a.html)

DJariya 08-01-22 01:05 PM

The Flash (The CW) - The 9th and Final Season - premieres 2/8/23

For those of you who were begging for it, well your wish has come true.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the...aa5dee56334940

Season 9 is officially the final season and will be only 13 episodes. Will air in 2023.

windom 08-01-22 01:53 PM

Re: The Flash (CW) -- Season 8 -- Premieres 11/16/21

Good thing The Flash movie series will be starting up right after the series ends.

Deftones 08-01-22 04:11 PM

I bailed. Just couldn't do it anymore with this show.

clckworang 08-01-22 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 14141056)
I bailed. Just couldn't do it anymore with this show.

Me, too. I stuck with it until this season but could never bring myself to start any of the episodes. I finally decided that was a clear sign and deleted them from the DVR. I hope it manages to wrap up well.

majorjoe23 08-01-22 07:39 PM

I’ll check out the last episode. I dropped off a few seasons ago.

candyrocket786 08-01-22 09:20 PM

Hopefully, Gustin takes over for that trainwreck Miller in the films. I gave up on the series years ago and would just watch clips on YouTube ( which were still a chore to get through).

PhantomStranger 08-02-22 02:15 AM

A little surprised, but I think everyone saw the writing on the wall. Enthusiasm for this series has completely died in the hardcore fan base and the show didn't really seem to have a purpose the past couple seasons.

Now only Stargirl and Superman & Lois remain as DC shows on the CW. I think even Naomi got canceled.

windom 08-02-22 10:43 AM

You forgot about Gotham Knights.

dex14 01-04-23 12:48 PM

Re: The Flash (The CW) - The 9th and Final Season - premieres 2/8/23

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...ce8f82a599.jpg

The Flash has announced a trio of returning characters/actors for its ninth and final season (premiering Wednesday. Feb. 8), and they include series vet Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West aka Kid Flash.

Also due for encores — and all appearing in the farewell run’s ninth episode — are Arrow alum David Ramsey as John Diggle/Spartan, and Sendhil Ramamurthy as Season 6 baddie Ramsey Rosso/Bloodwork.

The longest-running Arrowverse series also revealed a poster (down below) for its 13-episode swan song, and it’s pretty damn perfect.

Showrunner Eric Wallace had a little something to say about each of the above returning guest stars.“As one of the legacy Arrowverse characters who helped start it all, John Diggle holds a special place in our hearts, as well as the fans’,” Wallace said in a statement. “Plus, the commanding presence and commitment to excellence actor/director David Ramsey brings to the screen each-and every time is truly inspiring. So, of course, it was a no-brainer to have Diggle join Team Flash in our final season! So, get ready for a very emotional reunion as John Diggle aka Spartan helps protect Central City alongside Team Flash one, last time.”

Regarding Lonsdale’s first appearance since the middle of Season 6, Wallace noted, “Kid Flash isn’t just another speedster — he’s a beloved part of our Team Flash family. So as soon as we knew he was coming back, we set out to create a special and heartfelt story for his return. The result is a brilliant performance from Keiynan that showcases a side of Wally West you’ve never seen before.”

Ramamurthy’s Bloodwork last was seen late in Season 6, when Eva McCulloch’s Mirrorverse minions tracked him down in his ARGUS containment cell to claim a drop of his blood for reasons.

“Ever since Sendhil turned in such a brilliantly haunting and unforgettable performance as the tortured Ramsey Rosso in Season 6, we’ve been looking for a way to bring him back,” said Wallace. “We also knew we wanted to have Ramsey play a part in Flash’s final race. Fortunately, everything came together and now the villainous Bloodwork’s return will set into motion one of the Flash’s wildest and most emotional adventures yet.”

On the heels of The CW announcing that Keiynan Lonsdale (as Wally West/Kid Flash), David Ramsey (John Diggle/Spartan) and Sendhil Ramamurthy (Dr. Ramsey Rosso/Bloodwork) are all due for an encore during The Flash‘s farewell run, now comes confirmation that Arrowverse vet Stephen Amell will also guest-star in that same, ninth episode.

And as dearly departed (?) Oliver Queen, apparently…?

“As soon as our final season was announced, we knew we wanted Stephen to come back and reprise his iconic role as Oliver Queen,” The Flash showrunner Eric Wallace said in a statement. “After all, it was Oliver who originally launched Barry Allen on his heroic path. That’s why everyone on Team Flash felt so strongly that it was important to create a full-circle moment with Oliver’s return in the final season of The Flash.”

The result of Oliver’s improbable reappearance — after all, he died twice during the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover event, once as Oliver and again as the entity known as Spectre (though he apparently got resurrected this summer in the comic books) — is “an epic-yet-emotional episode we hope Arrowverse fans will enjoy,” Wallace said. “It’s all to say ‘thank you’ to everyone for watching and supporting our show throughout nine wonderful years. We absolutely cannot wait for everyone to see Grant and Stephen saving the world together again. And yes, there will be thrills, chills and tears.”

Original Flash cast member Danielle Panabaker is confirmed to be directing this guest star-studded Episode 9.

Now a star of Starz’s Heels, Amell recently re-re-re-addressed the topic of him ever resurfacing in the Arrowverse, telling Michael Rosenbaum’s Inside of You podcast (in an interview recorded in September), “believe me when I say that this really would come down to the storyline” as opposed to chasing any payday. “There would never be a conversation about money, it would be a conversation about story.”

dex14 01-04-23 01:05 PM

I probably shouldn't bother, but I guess I will watch this final season. I only watched the first 5 episodes of Season 8, the Armageddon crossover, and never returned to it when it came back from hiatus. From the sound of it, those 15 episodes were not good, so I don't think I will play catch up.

DJariya 01-04-23 01:26 PM

I'm curious how they will resurrect Oliver since he's dead. But no one is truly dead in comic shows.

dex14 01-04-23 02:38 PM

DJariya 01-04-23 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 14214888)
I probably shouldn't bother, but I guess I will watch this final season. I only watched the first 5 episodes of Season 8, the Armageddon crossover, and never returned to it when it came back from hiatus. From the sound of it, those 15 episodes were not good, so I don't think I will play catch up.

I got to episode 9 of season 8 before it kind of fizzled out on being must see weekly TV and I moved on to catching up on other things. I want to see this to completion, but I would feel weird just skipping 11 episodes.

DJariya 01-04-23 08:40 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...6e78ff2fa6.jpg

PhantomStranger 01-04-23 10:06 PM

I'd wager they'll have Flash pull Oliver from the timestream when he was still alive.

Giantrobo 01-05-23 03:51 PM

I may tune in for old time's sake. To be honest, once Superman and Lois gets shut down and then Gotham Knights I'm deleting the CW app. :lol:

Xiroteus 01-06-23 03:31 AM

I would also like someone from Legends to stop by to at least loosely tie up what happened at the end of Legends.

gerrythedon 01-06-23 10:23 PM

Only reason I'm staying with show :D

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...42dc175043.png

Jason 01-07-23 07:36 AM

I thought this show was great when it first came out. It took the characters and concepts seriously, and was a nice balance of humor and drama. You know, like a good MCU movie.

But it got increasingly messy as they introduced too many speedsters, made the timeline a murky mess, and seemed to focus more on Iris and the coffee shop than actual superhero stories.

I'll probably check in for the last season to see if it's gotten any better, but I'm not holding out much hope.

DJariya 01-13-23 11:17 PM

David Ramsey was the original source of the photo. Guess they are in production of episode 9.

dex14 02-08-23 01:48 PM

Season premiere is tonight.

DJariya 02-08-23 01:52 PM

I haven't had time to go to Netflix and finish up season 8. So I'm just going to jump into season 9 tonight. Taking a chance that it starts the final season clean. It's not like I bailed 3 seasons ago and am trying to jump in.

For those who saw season 8 to completion, did it end on any kind of open storyline or did it end to completion?

Giantrobo 02-08-23 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon (Post 14216362)
Only reason I'm staying with show :D

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...42dc175043.png

Yep. her and Javicia Leslie

The Spectre 02-08-23 07:38 PM

The writers must really hate Candace Patton cause every damn season they make Iris so annoying and hateful

PhantomStranger 02-09-23 10:55 AM

Going by reports, she's not popular with the other cast members. This show never recovered from dumping Ralph.

Flash's costume looks better than ever on screen. Took them 7 or 8 seasons, but they finally incorporated most of the classic elements into it. No idea why they stuck with that almost burgundy shade for so long.