Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Let the Right One In (Showtime) -- Horror series starring Demian Bichir -- Based on Swedish film & book

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Let the Right One In (Showtime) -- Horror series starring Demian Bichir -- Based on Swedish film & book

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-22, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,751 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Mark and his daughter Eleanor’s lives changed 10 years ago when she was turned into a vampire. Eleanor leads a secluded life, able to go out only at night, while her father does his best to feed her the human blood she needs to survive. Starring Demián Bichir, Madison Taylor Baez and Anika Noni Rose. Streaming October 7.

About Let The Right One In: Inspired by the original hit Swedish novel and film, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN centers on Mark (Bichir) and his daughter Eleanor (Baez) whose lives were changed forever 10 years earlier when she was turned into a vampire. Locked in at age 12, perhaps forever, Eleanor lives a closed-in life, able to go out only at night, while her father does his best to provide her with the human blood she needs to stay alive. With these emotionally charged and terrifying ingredients as a starting point, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN will upend genre expectations, turning a naturalistic lens on human frailty, strength and compassion.

This premiered about a month ago on Showtime. I was thinking about trying it as I like Bichir. Surprised that no one here has brought this up or shared any thoughts. Guess this is just another of too many shows most of you don't have time to watch. I know this forum loves horror, so that's why I brought it up.

Halloween is over but I might give it a try this weekend.

Old 11-04-22, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,039 Likes on 823 Posts
Re: Let the Right One In (Showtime) -- Horror series starring Demian Bichir -- Based on Swedish film & bo

The forum just doesn't have enough people visiting it for every show to get feedback it seems.

Last edited by RichC2; 11-04-22 at 10:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (11-04-22)
Old 11-04-22, 08:51 AM

Received 4,706 Likes on 3,187 Posts
Re: Let the Right One In (Showtime) -- Horror series starring Demian Bichir -- Based on Swedish film & bo

It’s already been remade as a film. I don’t really need to see it remade again as a TV show.
The following users liked this post:
Jason Bovberg (11-04-22)
Old 11-04-22, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm looking forward to it as it's on our "list" - but we're still finishing up American Gigolo.

But yeah, there's so many series/shows being released across all these streamers, it's challenging to chat engage on every thread.
Old 11-04-22, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 371 Likes on 283 Posts

I loved the movie remake with Chloë Grace Moretz. I don't have Showtime, so I can't compare it to this series.