Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

I Love You, You Hate Me (Peacock) - docuseries on the dark side of Barney the dinosaur - 10/12/22

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

I Love You, You Hate Me (Peacock) - docuseries on the dark side of Barney the dinosaur - 10/12/22

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-22, 10:15 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

I Love You, You Hate Me is streaming October 12th on Peacock.

Synopsis: I Love You, You Hate Me is a limited series chronicling the rise and fall of Barney the Dinosaur’s furious backlash — and what it says about the human need to hate. From Barney-bashing to frat parties to homicidal video games, something in American society broke into a million pieces, and it’s never been put together again… or is this just who we were all along?
Old 10-04-22, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,833 Likes on 1,229 Posts
Re: I Love You, You Hate Me (Peacock) - docuseries on the dark side of Barney the dinosaur - 10/12/22

Ooh! I thought this was on Netflix. I have mild interest ...
The following users liked this post:
John Pannozzi (10-05-22)
Old 10-04-22, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Re: I Love You, You Hate Me (Peacock) - docuseries on the dark side of Barney the dinosaur - 10/12/22

"The untold story" makes it seem like there was like insidious stuff going on behind the scenes. But instead this seems like shitheads crapping on a children's program brought the hate.
Old 02-18-23, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

He is coming back for a new generation

Barney, the polarizing purple dinosaur who was a mainstay of many millennial upbringings, is making a triumphant return to TV screens next year — but this time, he'll be animated.

Mattel Inc. announced a "comprehensive revitalization of the Barney brand," saying that a new flagship television series will air globally in 2024. Also in the works: a film, YouTube content, music, toys, books and apparel for kids and kids-at-heart.

And while the new and improved Barney may have bigger eyes and a more maneuverable jaw, the lessons he delivers through song and dance will be familiar to many former fans, Mattel says.
https://www.npr.org/2023/02/14/11569...ew-show-mattel