Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Baby (HBO) - horror/comedy limited series - S: Michelle De Swarte - premieres 4/24/22

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Baby (HBO) - horror/comedy limited series - S: Michelle De Swarte - premieres 4/24/22

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-22, 09:17 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

An eight-episode horror comedy limited series co-production with SKY, and produced by SISTER (Chernobyl, Landscapers) and Proverbial Pictures, The Baby presents a darkly funny, raw examination of motherhood, from the perspective of a woman who doesn’t want to be one.

Michelle De Swarte (The Duchess) stars as 38-year-old Natasha, who is furious that her closest friends are all having babies. But when she is unexpectedly landed with a baby of her own, her life dramatically implodes. Controlling, manipulative, but incredibly cute, the baby twists Natasha’s life into a surreal horror show. As she discovers the true extent of the baby’s deadly nature, Natasha makes increasingly desperate attempts to get rid of it. She doesn’t want a baby. But the baby definitely wants her.

Additional cast includes Amira Ghazalla (The Rhythm Section), Amber Grappy, Patrice Naiambana (Spectre), Sinéad Cusack (Marcella), Shvorne Marks (Endeavour), Isy Suttie (Peep Show), Tanya Reynolds (Sex Education), Seyan Sarvan (It’s a Sin), Karl Davies (The Tower), and Divian Ladwa (Ant-Man and the Wasp).

The Baby is co-created by Siân Robins-Grace and Lucy Gaymer; executive produced by Jane Featherstone, Carolyn Strauss and Naomi de Pear for SISTER, Siân Robins-Grace and Nicole Kassell; co-executive produced by Katie Carpenter; produced by Lucy Gaymer.
Old 04-24-22, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: The Baby (HBO) - horror/comedy limited series - S: Michelle De Swarte - premieres 4/24/22

Sounds like an adaptation of The Cat Came Back but with a baby.
Old 04-26-22, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: The Baby (HBO) - horror/comedy limited series - S: Michelle De Swarte - premieres 4/24/22

Weird but I'll give it one more.
Old 04-26-22, 09:03 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

It stated off slow, but once she got the baby it picked up.
Old 05-23-22, 09:36 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I've been watching this just because it's on between Barry and John Oliver, but last night's episode was really good.

We finally got the story on the birth of the baby.
Old 05-23-22, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

One of our new favorite surprise shows so far this year. Great mix of dread, humor and horror (?).
Old 05-23-22, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts

I was waiting for some opinions. Guess I'll give it a go.
Old 06-13-22, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone stuck it out till E8?
Spoiler:
I guess it's open for another season

Old 06-13-22, 08:57 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Anyone stuck it out till E8?
Spoiler:
I guess it's open for another season

Didn’t they say it was the series finale?
Spoiler:
If he can’t be killed I don’t know what’s the point of another season

​The scene with him sinking to the bottom was just uncomfortable to watch.
Old 06-13-22, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MrX
Didn’t they say it was the series finale?
I didn't see that but now I see, originally, it was billed as a limited series, so That should be that. Unless it was so popular they will find a way for another season.
Old 10-01-22, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I have been wanting to watch this show due to this thread and some other positive comments on other blogs I frequent and today I finally decided to hit HBO Max and give it a go. On episode 8 and yes this is one crazy but entertaining show.