Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother - Season 24

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-22, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
Big Brother - Season 24

Quick question. I usually worked evenings so I could watch tv then, so I would catch bits and pieces of it here and there. I just got the .99 cent Prime Days Paramount+ deal and checked out a bit of it. I see there are individual camera feeds (even one feed of 4 cameras).

Is it worth watching any of these feeds?
Old 07-13-22, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
re: Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 21 -- premieres 6/25/19

I know there are some people that watch them all day. They must have work from home jobs, because I can't understand why anyone could watch the live feeds all day long. If Big Brother was an hour long show, I could probably get into it, but three days a week plus live feeds is just way too much effort.
The following users liked this post:
TomOpus (07-14-22)
Old 07-13-22, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I mean, there's a ton of stuff on the feeds that the show won't show you (including the apparent bullying of a contestant right now) but it's way way easier to just read a recap from someone else watching the feeds.
The following users liked this post:
TomOpus (07-14-22)
Old 07-14-22, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I know there are some people that watch them all day. They must have work from home jobs, because I can't understand why anyone could watch the live feeds all day long. If Big Brother was an hour long show, I could probably get into it, but three days a week plus live feeds is just way too much effort.
Originally Posted by fujishig
I mean, there's a ton of stuff on the feeds that the show won't show you (including the apparent bullying of a contestant right now) but it's way way easier to just read a recap from someone else watching the feeds.
Thanks for the replies. I could see having one of the feeds on in the background but you still gotta pay some attention to see if something salacious starts to happen. I watched one feed for a little bit but one camera had audio that was delayed a couple seconds so I would switch to another. Basically I saw one women led the rest in a meditation session. No arguments or anything like a quick flash. Right now at 1:13am central time, it's a couple kittens playing. Scintillating. lol.

eta: now it's two rabbits with a graphic that says "The Big Brother Houseguests are filing something awesome that you will see soon. The live feed will be up soon." Then it switched to "The animals you see here are available to adopt from the Rancho Coastal Humane Society."

Last edited by TomOpus; 07-14-22 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-14-22, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts

As a general rule -- only speaking as someone who has watched "After Dark" on Showtime/TV Guide Channel and read recaps of the feeds, but not actually had the feeds myself -- it seems like most of the interesting stuff that happens will happen during the evening.

Most of the day is spent doing stuff like household chores, personal hygiene, and exercising in the yard.

This isn't a hard and fast rule, but most of the afternoon time between wake-up and dinner is spent doing laundry and housecleaning. People cooped up together in that house can go cray-cray at any moment, but the big stuff usually comes out between late afternoon and bedtime.
Old 07-14-22, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

For a superfan, Daniel is an idiot.
Old 07-14-22, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Feeds have been off since about 9 last night. Only speculation right now, but no spoilers, sounds like some drama went down. Feeds may not be back up until after tonight's episode.
Old 07-14-22, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 21 -- premieres 6/25/19

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Thanks for the replies. I could see having one of the feeds on in the background but you still gotta pay some attention to see if something salacious starts to happen. I watched one feed for a little bit but one camera had audio that was delayed a couple seconds so I would switch to another. Basically I saw one women led the rest in a meditation session. No arguments or anything like a quick flash. Right now at 1:13am central time, it's a couple kittens playing. Scintillating. lol.

eta: now it's two rabbits with a graphic that says "The Big Brother Houseguests are filing something awesome that you will see soon. The live feed will be up soon." Then it switched to "The animals you see here are available to adopt from the Rancho Coastal Humane Society."
The best time to turn on the feeds would probably be after something game related happens in the house. Eviction night (fallout from a blindside and a new HoH), nominations (which I think happen on Fridays), and maybe even the veto (Saturday, I think). So Thursday through Saturday nights might have the best potential for drama. And if there's an endurance competition that starts at the end of Thursday's eviction episode, that's usually shown live on the feeds.

As for the kittens, they cut to that when they're filming something like the nomination ceremony or the veto competition. But it sounds like today's reason is for something much different, which we will find out about on tonight's episode.

Last edited by dino88; 07-14-22 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-14-22, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TomOpus

The rabbits and fish and whatever are usually shown whenever they are in comps or there's something that's going to air that they don't want you to see.

In this case, however, (major potential spoilers)
Spoiler:

it's apparently because Paloma is having a breakdown and may have been removed from the house
Old 07-14-22, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This also has potential spoilers, but an interview with Julie about the Taylor/Paloma stuff:
https://parade.com/entertainment/big...nves-interview
Old 07-14-22, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Haven't watched any of this season yet, but I would assume that the bullying and whatever shut the feeds down is related to this:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/big-br...-foul?ref=home
Old 07-14-22, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Haven't watched any of this season yet, but I would assume that the bullying and whatever shut the feeds down is related to this:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/big-br...-foul?ref=home
The screwed up thing is that it seems like what shut the feeds down is not the bullying, in fact Julie even partially defends the houseguests in her interview. It's related, but it's not what you'd expect (if you expect that the one being bullied would be breaking down and trying to leave or something)
Old 07-14-22, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
The screwed up thing is that it seems like what shut the feeds down is not the bullying, in fact Julie even partially defends the houseguests in her interview. It's related, but it's not what you'd expect (if you expect that the one being bullied would be breaking down and trying to leave or something)
It's not as bad as anything on the Paul season or that social media is trying to make it to be but it's unintentional gaslighting when you are trying to make someone apoligize for something they have not done. And when you have multiple people say that someone low energy and demure like Taylor would flip out when got put on the block seems like a huge Microagression and assumption based solely on her race. Also apparently what shut the feeds down is someone(who was not a nominee or the hoh) possibly quit or was pulled from the game who had only eaten 1 thing in 3 days and was not getting sleep and having a mental breakdown.
Old 07-14-22, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

What is up with Julie Chen's cheeks? It looks like implants gone bad from Botched or something.

Also, wonder how badly the girl's ankle was hurt tonight. Could effect her future in the game, but remember a few years back when there was a broken leg (?) and BB accommodated that contestant.
Old 07-15-22, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I like how we are using a 3 year old thread

That jump off the platform was ill-advised. Even Julie was like ok, commercial
Old 07-18-22, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stingermck
I like how we are using a 3 year old thread

That jump off the platform was ill-advised. Even Julie was like ok, commercial
Yeah, that was like a "sigh, I give up moment" after all the readjusting they had to do because of Paloma leaving already for a live show. And then the contestant is just laying there in the winner's circle when they come back from break.
Old 09-02-22, 03:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Big Brother - Season 24

I guess no one is watching hah. Just came on here to see what people felt about the whole Kyle 'debacle'

IMO i find that he didn't say anything THAT bad. it was more or less just observational. But man oh man did the rest of the internet just crucify him. I hope he doesn't get some actual consequences after the show in his personal life because that would just be too bad.

Old 09-02-22, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think he said something that he probably shouldn't have said out loud. However given how the cookout dominated last season, I don't blame him for being paranoid and voicing what he suspected, given that it doesn't seem like he followed through with it at all (or discriminated against anyone, refused to ally with anyone based on race, etc.). Michael holding it in to weaponize it against him at an opportune moment was pretty scummy, though (or great gameplay, the two are often synonymous in this show).

Not to get into it too much but just this season we see Taylor refuse to nominate one of her enemies because of ethnicity, and she faced a little backlash but nothing like Kyle.
Old 09-02-22, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's not that he had biased thoughts that was the problem. Everyone has some level of bias. It's that he put those thoughts into motion and actively tried to end people's game's in the Big Brother house by rallying an all white alliance to go against a POC alliance he had no evidence of existing. And he knew it didn't exist based on how the voting and evictions had already gone this season.

Yeah...that's a problem.
Old 09-02-22, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
It's not that he had biased thoughts that was the problem. Everyone has some level of bias. It's that he put those thoughts into motion and actively tried to end people's game's in the Big Brother house by rallying an all white alliance to go against a POC alliance he had no evidence of existing. And he knew it didn't exist based on how the voting and evictions had already gone this season.

Yeah...that's a problem.
But how much was he pushing that, and for how long? If for a couple of days he wondered about an all POC alliance and then told his closest allies (not even Alyssa, just Michael and Brit), then was talked down, I don't see the big deal especially because there was just a show won by an all POC alliance that went completely under the radar. And people actively try to end other people's games in the BB house over nothing but paranoia all the time, that almost happened to Taylor in the beginning. You can't tell me it's taboo to even suspect another cookout when it's ok to, say, suspect an all men's alliance or an all women's alliance or whatever.

I won't argue that he was dumb as bricks to suspect that given what had happened in the house up to that point, but say he was actually right, is he not allowed to bring it up even then?

I get that there's a history to this show, I enjoyed the cookout's win, and I get why someone like Taylor wouldn't want to nominate another black woman, or someone of color comes into the house basically pledging never to vote out another person of color no matter what. And Kyle's kind of an idiot who made his own bed.
Old 09-25-22, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

What a major blunder by Monte. I can’t imagine how he’s gonna feel living with that decision that cost him $750K.
The following 2 users liked this post by T-bone22:
Boondock Saint (09-25-22), kahuna (09-26-22)
Old 09-25-22, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by T-bone22
What a major blunder by Monte. I can’t imagine how he’s gonna feel living with that decision that cost him $750K.
Yep. And unlike Cody who threw away an easy win in bb16 by voting out victoria at f3,he is not really liked by Production so the odds of him getting another chance to win in an all star season are slim.
Old 09-26-22, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Man I thought Monte had that in the bag. Why does production dislike him? I also noticed the Cookout didn't talk about him either. Everyone hates him and I missed it.
Old 09-26-22, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Man I thought Monte had that in the bag. Why does production dislike him? I also noticed the Cookout didn't talk about him either. Everyone hates him and I missed it.
I noticed "The Cookout" didn't acknowledge Monte and I was surprised.
I was talking to the TV telling Monte not to pick Taylor because I knew what would happen. I read an interview with Monte after the show and he seemed dumbstruck (though he was trying to be magnanimous). He clearly thought he had all the male votes based on previous conversations. I also read an interview with "Dr. Will" and he said the jury was hostile and opiniated and it took a little management to finally get their segment filmed.

Last edited by DWilson; 09-26-22 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-04-22, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

At least from the tv edits, it seems to me like Monte actually did more in the house, while Taylor had a better story, a better final speech, and she survived things. That was the perfect final speech for her (though I think the jury had made up their minds before that) talking about how it's not all about wins, but I have a hard time awarding something to someone mainly because she was bullied and survived, or because she's the first black woman to win, and I felt like that's what she leaned into. It also kind of felt like Monte had to choose her over Turner for some of those same reasons.

Anyway, I am happy for her that she won and bring on the Lays commercials.