Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead: Dead City (AMC) -- S: Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Lauren Cohan

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-22, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
re: The Walking Dead: Dead City (AMC) -- S: Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Lauren Cohan

I interpreted it to just being a 6 episode miniseries. No guarantee that its anything beyond that.
Old 03-08-22, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

This is from TV Line's article:
Premiering in 2023, the new series Isle of the Dead will follow the unlikely pair — what with him having murdered her husband and all — into what the network calls “a post-apocalyptic Manhattan long ago cut off from the mainland.

Walking Dead vet Eli Jorné has been tapped to executive-produce the six-episode Season 1 along with Cohan and Morgan, with the whole show being overseen by Scott M. Gimple, chief content officer of the Walking Dead Universe.
https://tvline.com/2022/03/07/the-wa...e-of-the-dead/
Old 03-08-22, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
Really? I feel like we have a glut of "main" characters right now. Must be 15?
I wouldn't call them main. Most of them are basically side characters that get thrust into some scenes here and there.
Old 03-08-22, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
The problem is that they're so thin on central characters, they can't kill off any more this soon or more people would tune out.
Reminds me of Game of Thrones. That series would kill off characters right and left, but by the time the seventh season rolled around, the main cast had been so stripped down that they really couldn't kill anyone else off until the finale.

At the end of season six they killed off a bunch of characters and plotlines they wouldn't be needing for the endgame in a rather perfunctory way, and they also got rid of a number of the junior varsity characters who wouldn't be needed for the finale, but the core dozen or so characters had plot armor until the big battles at the end.

Sort of makes me wonder what they'll do for the finale of The Walking Dead when it rolls around? Big bloodbath like everyone is expecting? Or something more quiet?

I can sort of see them setting up the story to mirror the final issue of the comic book where
Spoiler:
we had a jump forward in time by about twenty years, where Carl had a little girl with Sophia (Carol's daughter), Hershel grew up to be an asshole, and Maggie was in charge of the Commonwealth, which had expanded and built a (mostly) safe, stable society.

With all of the children they've introduced -- Judith, RJ, Gracie, Hershel, Jerry's kids -- it makes me think we'll get a "twenty years later" final episode with the children of the apocalypse all grown up and the adult survivors of the series in old age make-up.

Old 03-08-22, 05:14 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Gave up on the main series long ago, so maybe if I've been watching I'd know the answer, but how the fuck can these two characters coexist after what he did to Glenn? I can't think of any scenario, if I were Maggie, that would prevent me from killing Negan the first chance I got.

and is the Rick show/movie/tv movie/broadway musical/whatever officially dead or what? and if not, wtf are they waiting for?
Old 03-08-22, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
and is the Rick show/movie/tv movie/broadway musical/whatever officially dead or what? and if not, wtf are they waiting for?
It's supposed to be a trilogy of movies.

Progress on them was already slow, and then the pandemic hit and shut everything down.

They are, as far as I know, still in active development. They don't seem to have a shooting script or a release date locked down, though.

They might be taking their time because they don't want to announce anything until The Walking Dead ends; things like casting announcements and plot details could spoil the end of the series.
Old 03-08-22, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
Gave up on the main series long ago, so maybe if I've been watching I'd know the answer, but how the fuck can these two characters coexist after what he did to Glenn? I can't think of any scenario, if I were Maggie, that would prevent me from killing Negan the first chance I got.

At the beginning of this season they had to work together to acquire food for their group. They bumped heads quite a bit, but at one point they were alone in a house and started hitting and slapping each other. It almost looked like they were going to make out, but then all of a sudden it got interrupted when some ithers from the group came into the house. I have a feeling at some point in this new series they will get together to some extent.
Old 03-09-22, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Wow, and I stopped watching the main show shortly after Negan popped up. Guess I should catch up....
I stopped the same time but I have no desire to catch up.
Old 03-09-22, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM

This final season is dealing with the issue. It's pretty obvious how it's going to end if they're together on a new show. Unless it's going to be about Maggie hunting down Negan.
Old 07-26-22, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Isle of the dead is currently filming. This was the clip they released at SDCC of Cohan and JDM talking to the crowd.

And here's some unofficial footage of them filming

Old 07-26-22, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

I tried to get into this but couldnt get pass 30mins into the 1st episode and I tried twice. lol
Old 07-26-22, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by csant
I tried to get into this but couldnt get pass 30mins into the 1st episode and I tried twice. lol
Uhhh because it’s not out until 2023.
Old 07-26-22, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by csant

Yeah??? I watched it all twice and it is better than you think.
Old 07-26-22, 04:48 PM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Clearly there's some Walking Dead overload when people can't even tell what series have aired and finished (World Beyond, whatever that submarine one-off was) what is finishing soon (TWD) what's still going (FTWD) what's come up next (Isle & Rick stuff). They have done a horrible job giving these properties separate identities. It all feels exactly the same and a lot of it seems unimportant and irrelevant. Their MCU attempt is a pretty big fail.
Old 07-26-22, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk God

And don’t forget Tales of the Walking Dead airing soon along with the Daryl spin-off. It’s pretty obvious this forum has completely checked out of TWD universe.

I don’t know if csant was just being facetious or he really thought he watched this.
Old 07-26-22, 05:47 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
And don’t forget Tales of the Walking Dead airing soon along with the Daryl spin-off. It’s pretty obvious this forum has completely checked out of TWD universe.

I don’t know if csant was just being facetious or he really thought he watched this.
I'm in for all of these spinoffs. It's just enjoyable popcorn fun. Anyone expecting so high art or something?
Old 07-26-22, 06:51 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

gave up on TWD long ago, but this is the only spinoff that interests me in the slightest.

other than the Andrew Lincoln thing.

but I will have the shortest of triggers to bail on any of it.
Old 07-29-22, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I'm torn. Negan is one of only two or three good characters left on the show, but Maggie is worthless.
Old 07-29-22, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I’m just hoping they fall in love.
Old 08-25-22, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk God

New Name

Isle of the Dead is no more.

That's because EW has learned that the Maggie and Negan Walking Dead spin-off starring Lauren Cohan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan has an official new title: The Walking Dead: Dead City. The series was originally announced in March under the working title of Isle of the Dead, but apparently that title is no longer working.

AMC has confirmed the new title to Entertainment Weekly.
Old 08-25-22, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Isle of the Dead sounded much better. The new title sounds a bit redundant with having the word "dead" twice in the title and right next to each other. It's like having a Star Trek show and calling it "Star Trek: Trek to the Delta Quadrant" or something similar.
Old 08-25-22, 09:08 PM
Suspended

DGAF, I'll be watching.
Old 08-26-22, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Stupid title. The original title was so much better. If they absolutely need the Walking Dead moniker in there, do like they did in Star Wars. Isle of the Dead: A Walking Dead Story. Personally, I think Isle of the Dead is a great title by itself.
Old 11-21-22, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Teaser that aired last night on Talking Dead

I'm guessing probably 3 or 4 people left in this forum that may watch this show.
Old 11-21-22, 07:48 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DJariya
Teaser that aired last night on Talking Dead

https://youtu.be/R_GbVt50LsU

I'm guessing probably 3 or 4 people left in this forum that may watch this show.
I'll be watching. JDM is fantastic in TWD, and I'm looking forward to this as it's apparently a few years post TWD finale.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.