Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Book of Boba Fett (S1E02) - "Chapter 2: The Tribes of Tatooine" - 1/5/22

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-22, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Re: The Book of Boba Fett (S1E02) - "Chapter 2: The Tribes of Tatooine" - 1/5/22

Another boring, slow story. The Hutts were cool, I guess. The wookie was definitely cool. I didn't care for the train thing... we get it, you have a relationship with the Tuskens that'll come into play to defeat the Hutts. But Boba is the MOST feared bounty hunter in the galaxy and he's getting daily assassination attempts and others blowing him off constantly. I hope they don't just give us a slow story that is re-energized when a young Han Solo and Chewie show up in the last episode. If the writers are just going to pull that stunt every season, it'll get old quick.
Old 01-10-22, 12:27 PM

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: The Book of Boba Fett (S1E02) - "Chapter 2: The Tribes of Tatooine" - 1/5/22

Boba is different now. I think getting swallowed by a monster then being robbed and abducted can give someone a new outlook on life. I think the dream sequence is symbolic of a rebirth from the sarlacc and following in his father's footsteps, to doing things his own way. We still see flashes of how fierce he can be when necessary, but not sure being the most feared bounty hunter is the way to a long happy life. He's wants to prove he can be more and move up in the galaxy. I have no idea where we'll end up, but I'm enjoying the heck out of the ride.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rodney2187:
JeremyM (01-11-22), story (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22, 12:59 PM

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,132 Posts

Upon a third viewing, I finally put two and two together and had a real moment of delight.

Anybody else notice the Tusken forge and the camera shot are lifted straight from an original Ralph McQuarrie design?

Great touch!

The following users liked this post:
Rodney2187 (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

^ I already knew that…mostly because I read the third reply to this thread.
Old 01-15-22, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Catching up - this is definitely a different pace than we were expecting but I’m getting into it and I’m loving the more intelligent take in the Tusken peoples. Was very cool to see the cameos on the train.

And I hadn’t thought about Jabba’s son Rotta - maybe he isn’t old enough? Or maybe the twins have a lien against Jabba’s holdings?
The following users liked this post:
Rodney2187 (01-15-22)
Old 01-15-22, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Much better episode than the first one. I agree with the minority of folks who thought that the first was atrocious all around: from the poor production values to the out of place actors/characters. So we are going to be just that lazy with Twileks now? Between lame Deputy Mayor guy and Flashdance lady that sucked.

I really like the stuff with the Tusken Raiders (not Tuscan, they aren't Italian). I liked the Camie and Fixer cameos, but that scene flashed back to the terrible production values of the first episode.

I was hoping a Boba Fett show would be pre-ROTJ, but I'm willing to go along for the ride. I just hope it gets better than the 1980s A-Team-esque level of production and storytelling that we are getting so far.