Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Tulsa King (Paramount+) - EP: Sheridan, Winter, S: Stallone - premieres 11/13/22

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tulsa King (Paramount+) - EP: Sheridan, Winter, S: Stallone - premieres 11/13/22

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-23, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts
Re: Tulsa King (Paramount+) - EP: Sheridan, Winter, S: Stallone - premieres 11/13/22

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://deadline.com/2023/02/tulsa-k...73e828aa12daf1

Terence Winter steps down as showrunner. Reason: Looks like it's creative differences with Taylor Sheridan.

They are looking for a replacement.
That's said, I do like Sheridan's work, but I think Winter is the better writer.
Old 02-10-23, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Re: Tulsa King (Paramount+) - EP: Sheridan, Winter, S: Stallone - premieres 11/13/22

Terence Winter and leaving a show or cutting the final season short: Boardwalk Empire, Vinyl, Tulsa King
Old 04-08-23, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

It is coming to blu-ray

6//6/2023

Old 04-09-23, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For the most part, I stopped buying shows on DVD or blu-ray, but I will make an exception for Tulsa King, since I do own almost every Stallone movie on disc.
Old 06-30-23, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finished this and it started out slow but got better midway through the season.

Scarlet his daughter was the girl who introduced him to the white horse.

I wonder if he will get the rest of his family roles in season 2

He was saying he missed his family a lot so maybe that could affect how many seasons they do in the future or how long he remains on the show.
Old 07-01-23, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

They already announced that they are not filming S2 in Oklahoma, so he won't have to be away from his family. They probably already have enough exterior shots to fill in.
Old 07-02-23, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Quatermass
They already announced that they are not filming S2 in Oklahoma, so he won't have to be away from his family. They probably already have enough exterior shots to fill in.
Apparently the weather in Oklahoma City was a problem and a lot of the crew including Sly was having an issue with it. Texas is a big filming state and they could move it there, but I have to imagine the summer weather would be similar.
Old 07-03-23, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Apparently the weather in Oklahoma City was a problem and a lot of the crew including Sly was having an issue with it. Texas is a big filming state and they could move it there, but I have to imagine the summer weather would be similar.
I don't think Texas is going to make any difference than OK did. Sly wants the show to shoot in LA.
Old 07-03-23, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

His family moved out of CA probably because of the high taxes to Florida but wonder why he would want to shoot in LA Now?
Old 07-04-23, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts

Started re-binging this tonight. Love this show.
Old 07-04-23, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

With the whole change of filming locations, here's hoping Stallone doesn't get all temperamental like Kevin Costner did and fuck things up with production on S2.

Old 07-04-23, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
With the whole change of filming locations, here's hoping Stallone doesn't get all temperamental like Kevin Costner did and fuck things up with production on S2.
I'm not that afraid of Stallone's reaction, but Taylor Sheridan's. I'm not sure what he didn't like about Terrence Winter's writing, but in my opinion the show improved during the first season.
Old 07-04-23, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Runaway
I'm not that afraid of Stallone's reaction, but Taylor Sheridan's. I'm not sure what he didn't like about Terrence Winter's writing, but in my opinion the show improved during the first season.

I loved Tulsa King, but there were some spots that were beyond simple and formulaic, and non-Taylor Sheridan-ish. After reading that lengthy article on the guy, he's gonna reign things in a bit, especially on the stuff that he isn't necessarily that involved in.
Old 07-04-23, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Terence Winter is a great writer, but his history with sticking around (or sticking the landing) is pretty bad. He tanked the final season of Boardwalk Empire by shortening it and jumping ahead eight years, bailed on Vinyl due to creative differences,and now left Tulsa King due to creative differences. Maybe some grievances are justified, but I never expected him to stick around on this show, and I bet he'll disappear from whatever his next show is
Old 02-02-24, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Now filming in Atlanta...

Sly Stallone’s ‘Tulsa King’ Season 2 leaves Oklahoma for Atlanta
Rodney Ho - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (TNS)

ATLANTA — Paramount+’s Sylvester Stallone-led mafia drama “Tulsa King” is moving production to Atlanta from Oklahoma.

The series, in its second season, will base its operations out of Eagle Rock Studios in Norcross. The start date has not yet been released.

Stallone’s character Dwight “The General” Manfredi in the series was freed from prison, then sent to Tulsa, Oklahoma, to start a new crime organization. Most of the first season was shot in Oklahoma City with some scenes in Tulsa.

“Tulsa King” which premiered in November 2022, received mostly good reviews, with a 79% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes from critics and 91% thumbs up rating from viewers. Paramount+ quickly renewed the show.

The Oklahoman last year broke the news of the show’s departure from Oklahoma.

“We loved hosting this incredible series for its first season and wish them the best wherever they land,” Rachel Cannon, founder of Oklahoma City’s Prairie Surf Studios, told The Oklahoman last spring. “As we continue to grow this industry into something that competes with states like Georgia and California, we can’t be disappointed if productions need to go somewhere else to fulfill their financial needs. This was a win for Oklahoma. Full stop.”

Showrunner Terence Winter (”The Sopranos”) told the newspaper that shooting in Oklahoma was challenging: “I had no idea how hot it would be. I don’t think anybody did. When we first got there, it was freezing, and then, within days, it was 106 degrees and then stayed that way for like five months. You guys are probably used to that, but we were like, ‘What the hell just happened?’”

Stallone also complained about the heat on social media, noting on X, “Being in Oklahoma has definitely prepared me for a lifetime in hell if I ever get sent there!”

Georgia’s climate is more temperate than Oklahoma, even at its hottest. The state, which has one of the most generous tax credits for film and TV companies, also has a more experienced crew base as well as a world-class airport. The trick will be making Georgia resemble Oklahoma. (Then again, HBO’s 2019 drama “Watchmen” managed just fine shooting largely in Atlanta while set in Tulsa as well.)

Deadline reported last year that Winter had stepped down as showrunner over creative differences. A new one has not been officially announced.
Old 02-02-24, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts

Cool, maybe we'll get s2 by 2030
Old 02-02-24, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed season 1, this is definitely an instance where taking so long to release season 2 has pretty much made me forget all about this show.
Old 02-03-24, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Yeah, as much as I enjoyed season 1, this is definitely an instance where taking so long to release season 2 has pretty much made me forget all about this show.
This is an instance where the strikes definitely delayed it, otherwise it would have probably come out this year. And Sly has other projects going.
The following users liked this post:
Dan1boy (02-03-24)
Old 02-28-24, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Will air on CBS this Summer

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...73e828aa12daf1

Paramount is bringing more of its Taylor Sheridan universe to CBS.

After the broadcast network previously aired the first two seasons of Yellowstone as part of its strike-impacted schedule, CBS will use the same strategy to bolster awareness of another Sheridan-produced show: Tulsa King.

Season 1 of the Paramount+ drama starring Sylvester Stallone will make its broadcast debut at a date to be determined on CBS in the summer ahead of the sophomore run of the series returning in the fall to the streamer.

The move to bring Tulsa King to broadcast is part of Paramount Global’s larger strategy to repurpose streaming originals on its linear platforms. In addition to exposing streaming content to a broader audience, the move is more cost effective than making and launching a new scripted or unscripted series in the traditionally lower-watched time of the year.
Old 02-28-24, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

The move to bring Tulsa King to broadcast is part of Paramount Global’s larger strategy to repurpose streaming originals on its linear platforms. In addition to exposing streaming content to a broader audience, the move is more cost effective than making and launching a new scripted or unscripted series in the traditionally lower-watched time of the year.
The fuck does that mean. All I know is, good luck because I'm not changing my subscriptions. Getting tired of shows disappearing on one sub then appearing on another sub that I have to pay to continue.

In a way, a mafia ploy itself.
Old 02-28-24, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
The fuck does that mean. All I know is, good luck because I'm not changing my subscriptions. Getting tired of shows disappearing on one sub then appearing on another sub that I have to pay to continue.

In a way, a mafia ploy itself.
It means they are re-purposing already produced and paid for shows from Paramount + or cable to air on linear TV like CBS to fill low watched time slots like summer.

They already did this with Yellowstone, 1883 and the streaming version of SEAL Team for broadcast TV.

A new stupid reality show still costs millions to make and even more for scripted TV.

Tulsa King will have to be slightly edited to air on CBS though.
Old 02-28-24, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Yeah, Paramount has been repurposing their streaming shows for their entire family of cable channels. MTV has recently been airing the Stallone Family reality program (mostly about his mid-20s daughters) which originally aired last year on Paramount+.
Old 02-29-24, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Terence Winter re-hired, but won’t be showrunner. He will just focus on writing and working with Sly.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...73e828aa12daf1
Old 03-01-24, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Yeah, Paramount has been repurposing their streaming shows for their entire family of cable channels. MTV has recently been airing the Stallone Family reality program (mostly about his mid-20s daughters) which originally aired last year on Paramount+.
Which makes so much sense I’m surprised it wasn’t the plan for every studio.
Old 03-01-24, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger

I wish they were repurposed so none of them aired on Paramount +

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.