DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Tulsa King (Paramount+) - EP: Sheridan, Winter, S: Stallone - premieres 11/13/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/654334-tulsa-king-paramount-ep-sheridan-winter-s-stallone-premieres-11-13-22-a.html)

dex14 12-06-21 06:44 PM

Tulsa King (Paramount+) - EP: Sheridan, Winter, S: Stallone - premieres 11/13/22

EXCLUSIVE: Sylvester Stallone is moving into scripted television.

Deadline understands that the actor, whose Rocky won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1977, is in negotiations to star in and exec produce Kansas City, a drama series from Taylor Sheridan and Terence Winter for Paramount+.

It marks Stallone’s first major lead television series, having guested on a number of classic shows such as Police Story and Kojak back in the ’70s and more recently in series such as This Is Us.

Kansas City brings together Sheridan, who is fast becoming one of the most significant television creators in the business with series such as Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown and 1883, and Winter, The Sopranos writer and Boardwalk Empire creator.

The series will be produced by 101 Studios, the company behind Sheridan’s universe of series, and MTV Entertainment Studios.

Kansas City follows a New York City Italian mobster, played by Stallone, forced to relocate to the most unlikely of places—Kansas City, Missouri. Set in present day, legendary mobster Sal (Stallone) is faced with the startling task of reestablishing his Italian mafia family to the modernized, straight-shooting town of Kansas City. There, Sal encounters surprising and unsuspecting characters who follow him along his unconventional path to power.

Winter, Sheridan, Stallone and his Balboa Productions partner Braden Aftergood will serve as executive producers along with David C. Glasser, Ron Burkle and Bob Yari of 101 Studios. Winter will also serve as showrunner, and a writers room is up and running.

Stallone remains one of the biggest Hollywood stars, having written and starred in Rocky and its sequels as well as the Rambo and Expendables franchises. The Expendables 4, which is due out next year, will be Stallone’s last in the franchise and in addition to The Suicide Squad, in which he played Nanaue/King Shark, he stars in superhero film Samaritan and Guardians of the Galaxy 3, which is set for a 2023 release.

Glasser, CEO of 101 Studios, said, “Taylor is a prolific creator because of the multi-dimensional characters he creates and the complex worlds he builds. To be able to have the legendary, transcendent Sylvester playing one of these characters is truly a privilege. And on top of that, we have Terence producing the project with us, who is responsible for some of the most captivating, deeply respected television shows in history. We are thrilled that ViacomCBS has partnered with us to help tell this story.”
https://deadline.com/2021/12/sylvest...nt-1234883070/

lwhy? 12-06-21 07:29 PM

re: Tulsa King (Paramount+) - EP: Sheridan, Winter, S: Stallone - premieres 11/13/22

Stallone is 75. You'd think he'd want to slow down a little, but he's working on a bunch of projects right now.

DJariya 12-07-21 12:49 AM

re: Tulsa King (Paramount+) - EP: Sheridan, Winter, S: Stallone - premieres 11/13/22

I’m surprised that Stallone committed to a TV series, especially at his age. But Taylor Sheridan is on a roll creatively and is cranking out so much new content. Stallone must have loved the pitch.

Runaway 12-07-21 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 14022117)
I’m surprised that Stallone committed to a TV series, especially at his age. But Taylor Sheridan is on a roll creatively and is cranking out so much new content. Stallone must have loved the pitch.

This is something I've been waiting for for years. I always thought Stallone would be perfect in a Get Carter style TV show.
Stallone has always been one of my favorites. Sheridan and Winter are a sell as well.

RichC2 12-07-21 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by lwhy? (Post 14021994)
Stallone is 75. You'd think he'd want to slow down a little, but he's working on a bunch of projects right now.

Some people dip their toe in the retirement waters for a while and realize it isn't for them. Stallone seems like one of em.

dex14 12-07-21 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Runaway (Post 14022137)
This is something I've been waiting for for years. I always thought Stallone would be perfect in a Get Carter style TV show.
Stallone has always been one of my favorites. Sheridan and Winter are a sell as well.

A few years ago, he was supposed to star in a TV series adaptation of Mario Puzo's Omerta. I love that book and wish it actually materialized.

Rob V 12-07-21 07:50 AM

Sheridan AND Stallone? Take my money now!

johnnysd 12-07-21 01:45 PM

I was thinking the other day that Stallone is actually and decent write and wondered if he would create a series. Be interesting if he will also be involved in some writing capacity.

Runaway 12-07-21 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 14022335)
I was thinking the other day that Stallone is actually and decent write and wondered if he would create a series. Be interesting if he will also be involved in some writing capacity.

He told his daughters on their podcast that he hates writing, but I'm sure he will have some influence.

TomOpus 12-07-21 10:38 PM

a New York City Italian mobster, played by Stallone, forced to relocate to the most unlikely of places—Kansas City, Missouri.
KC actually has a long history with the mafia.

Decker 12-07-21 11:06 PM

Yup Fargo S4 just last year was about the Kansas City Italian mafia in the early 1960s.

rw2516 12-08-21 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 14022593)
KC actually has a long history with the mafia.

Most definately. I see you're in KC. Remember the mob wars in the 70s? Remember Tiger's Records?
For everybody else. Tiger's Records was a local chain of record/head shops. They were owned by a mob guy whose nick name was Tiger. His dead body was found in the trunk of a car.

TomOpus 12-08-21 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by rw2516 (Post 14022642)
Most definately. I see you're in KC. Remember the mob wars in the 70s? Remember Tiger's Records?

I haven't lived here that long but you hear and read things just being around people who grew up here.

DJariya 04-29-22 01:15 PM

1st image of Sly on Tulsa King. I believe this is suppose to come out later this year

DJariya 05-06-22 07:05 PM

Deftones 05-06-22 07:55 PM

She was good in Episodes. I think that may have been the only thing I have seen her in.

Coral 05-06-22 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 14100288)
She was good in Episodes. I think that may have been the only thing I have seen her in.

She was good in her show "I'm Sorry", and had roles in Veep, The League and was the therapist in the movie Step Brothers.

She's a total MILF. Awesome body.

DJariya 05-18-22 01:27 PM

Premiere date announced. Will air this Fall

DJariya 06-15-22 12:17 PM

First teaser

DJariya 06-20-22 02:10 PM

Barth 06-20-22 02:24 PM

So I wonder what prompted the move from Kansas City to Tulsa?

DJariya 06-20-22 02:44 PM

Most likely Dana has already been working on the show for awhile. This is just her reps and the studio making it official.

DJariya 06-20-22 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Barth (Post 14120996)
So I wonder what prompted the move from Kansas City to Tulsa?

Sounds like it was Oklahoma’s tax incentive program that influenced the change.

https://www.bigcountry995.com/story/...-oklahoma-city

dex14 09-07-22 10:53 AM

lwhy? 09-07-22 08:59 PM

That trailer looks good. I don’t know how Sheridan can keep up with his current writing output though. It seems unsustainable.