Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Yellowjackets (Showtime) - S: Christina Ricci, Juliette Lewis, Melanie Lynskey

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-22, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: Yellowjackets (Showtime) - S: Christina Ricci, Juliette Lewis, Melanie Lynskey

Finale this Sunday. Anyone what time they put it on the app early on Saturday?

Sucks with spoilers leaking early
Old 01-14-22, 12:32 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Re: Yellowjackets (Showtime) - S: Christina Ricci, Juliette Lewis, Melanie Lynskey

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
Finale this Sunday. Anyone what time they put it on the app early on Saturday?

Sucks with spoilers leaking early
12am eastern / 9pm western
Old 01-16-22, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

Great interview with Lynskey here in Rolling Stone.

It breaks my heart that Lynskey still has people questioning the plausibility of her sex appeal over her body type. I think she’s gorgeous.
Old 01-16-22, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

Finale was a bit anticlimactic
The following users liked this post:
BDB (01-16-22)
Old 01-16-22, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
Great interview with Lynskey here in Rolling Stone.
https://twitter.com/ejdickson/status...755045891?s=21

It breaks my heart that Lynskey still has people questioning the plausibility of her sex appeal over her body type. I think she’s gorgeous.

I think she's attractive as she has aged, not so much when she was younger. I guess people are used to watching women where you can see their ribs sticking out when topless or something.
Old 01-17-22, 12:37 AM

Well they set up Season 2 with a bunch of stuff to untangle.

Decent episode.

Im guessing this will have a bigger following in anticipation of Season 2, once teens and others have a chance to binge it over the next year.

Im not even sure of some things that went on this finale.
BDB (01-19-22)
Old 01-17-22, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Low key finale but I dug it.

Really liked the cross-cutting between the reunion and the '96 scenes. Also loved that they're still not making it too supernatural, the events of the finale (keeping it spoiler-free) are more than enough to send the girls over the edge.
Old 01-17-22, 10:53 AM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I really need to check if I get Showtime with my xfinity package (I think I do, I pay enough for my xfinity services, lol) because I kind-of let this go and did not bother to record the episodes but I wanted to watch. I passed on reading the recaps at the AV Club so I would be going in spoiler free. I think it is an 8 episode season (or is it 12?), so perhaps I can catch up slowly but surely over the next two to three months. I am a Melanie Lynskey fan and would probably enjoy this show. I can probably watch on demand or I bet that Showtime will re-run the first season episodes soon enough now that the finale has aired.
Old 01-17-22, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
I really need to check if I get Showtime with my xfinity package (I think I do, I pay enough for my xfinity services, lol) because I kind-of let this go and did not bother to record the episodes but I wanted to watch. I passed on reading the recaps at the AV Club so I would be going in spoiler free. I think it is an 8 episode season (or is it 12?), so perhaps I can catch up slowly but surely over the next two to three months. I am a Melanie Lynskey fan and would probably enjoy this show. I can probably watch on demand or I bet that Showtime will re-run the first season episodes soon enough now that the finale has aired.
Its 10 episodes. It’s addictive. You should be able to fly through it.

Im sure they’re on demand and Showtime will probably have marathons from time to time.

This is their BiG show now.
Old 01-17-22, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
Its 10 episodes. It’s addictive. You should be able to fly through it.

Im sure they’re on demand and Showtime will probably have marathons from time to time.

This is their BiG show now.
Like say, yesterday. But yeah, I hope they'll run it again, and not during NFL playoffs. I'd at least like to see the pilot again, now that I know what happens to at least some of the girls. Sort of like how Squid Game's first ep looks a lot different once you know how it ends.
Old 01-17-22, 12:58 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Here are some of my thoughts:
Spoiler:

The shrine dog head thing is not Taissa but her son

It was obvious from the beginning that there would be survivors that are not known

Lottie cult thing come out of left field.

Seems like the one instance of cannibalism we saw is likely not the only one

Old 01-17-22, 05:49 PM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

That reporter's last words as she finished her last (ever) cigarette...
uteotw (01-18-22)
Old 01-17-22, 07:47 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mickey65
That reporter's last words as she finished her last (ever) cigarette...
Which were?
Old 01-17-22, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Which were?
Spoiler:
That fucking bitch!

Old 01-18-22, 09:42 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Finale was just OK I thought. So, the art guy was just an art guy and she killed him for no reason and just chopped him up and that was that? Or did I miss something? No one seemed the least bit bothered.
I didn't need all questions answered, but I was hoping for a little bit more I guess. Oh well, still a very good show.
Old 01-18-22, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
That fucking bitch!

Would have been better if it was
Spoiler:
Fucking Misty!
Old 01-18-22, 10:43 AM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
Finale was just OK I thought. So, the art guy was just an art guy and she killed him for no reason and just chopped him up and that was that? Or did I miss something? No one seemed the least bit bothered.
I didn't need all questions answered, but I was hoping for a little bit more I guess. Oh well, still a very good show.
Well they did show a missing persons thing on the news. And the daughter saw it. And the daughter knows it was Shauna's boyfriend. So the search for him / the daughter trying to figure out what happened could be a good story thread for season 2. We'll just have to wait and see if it goes anywhere or not.
Old 01-18-22, 10:55 AM

I hope they get a big or known name as the new adult that was revealed, don’t wanna spoil it for anyone who has not watched.

But some articles I have read said the new teen that we know is alive as an adult has not been cast yet.
Old 01-18-22, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You know, the worst part is that on first watching I didn't even hear that survivor's name mentioned!
Old 01-18-22, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In an interview in Variety, one of the showrunners said it's NOT a careless error that Jackie's journal contains references to many post-1996 movies.
BDB (01-19-22)
Old 01-18-22, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Paff
You know, the worst part is that on first watching I didn't even hear that survivor's name mentioned!
Spoiler:
During the last scene when Nat's friend from the bank called and left the message on her phone (as Nat was being kidnapped), she said it was someone named Lottie who had cleaned out Travis' bank account.

Old 01-18-22, 02:49 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by New Lurker
Well they did show a missing persons thing on the news. And the daughter saw it. And the daughter knows it was Shauna's boyfriend. So the search for him / the daughter trying to figure out what happened could be a good story thread for season 2. We'll just have to wait and see if it goes anywhere or not.
Makes sense. I also just read somewhere that the storyline was meant to give the viewer insight into Shauna's general paranoia, and he may well have just been some guy who liked her that she killed. Also, Shauna's husband, who apparently wasn't having an affair, was sure extremely quick to forgive her for her affair. "Here is a special dress--Off to the reunion party we go...!"
Old 01-18-22, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
During the last scene when Nat's friend from the bank called and left the message on her phone (as Nat was being kidnapped), she said it was someone named Lottie who had cleaned out Travis' bank account.

Yeah, that was what I meant....I have no idea why, but when I watched it Sunday night I didn't hear that part, I only picked it up when I re-watched the ep last night.

But, did she actually say that's who cleaned out the bank account? I thought she said she knew who did it, but didn't actually say who. Then she said she was being followed, and asked "who the fuck is
Spoiler:
Lottie?"

Although as I've already established, my listening comprehension on that scene was faulty for some reason.
Old 01-18-22, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Paff
Yeah, that was what I meant....I have no idea why, but when I watched it Sunday night I didn't hear that part, I only picked it up when I re-watched the ep last night.

But, did she actually say that's who cleaned out the bank account? I thought she said she knew who did it, but didn't actually say who. Then she said she was being followed, and asked "who the fuck is
Spoiler:
Lottie?"

Although as I've already established, my listening comprehension on that scene was faulty for some reason.
Spoiler:
I took it to mean both the bank account and was being followed by.

Old 01-19-22, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

BTW : This show was always making great song choices, but they hit their pinnacle when they played
Spoiler:
Come Out And Play by The Offspring

As the women stroll into the reunion together. That was an all-time needle drop. I let out a loud "Yeah!" as I watched it.
The Antipodean (01-30-22)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.