Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Invasion (Apple TV +) -- S: Shamier Anderson -- Alien invasion series from Simon Kinberg

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Invasion (Apple TV +) -- S: Shamier Anderson -- Alien invasion series from Simon Kinberg

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-21, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 745 Likes on 545 Posts
re: Invasion (Apple TV +) -- S: Shamier Anderson -- Alien invasion series from Simon Kinberg

I hate when shit takes place at the same time all over the world, every place seems to be within the same time zone. It's day time in Japan, London and the US? And now, the kid is dead but he's in the upside down and somehow knows Hinata's father? The mom doctor is still paranoid? And who didn't see that another alien ship was going to come fuck us up. Unless tis ramps up in the second season to actually seeing the fight against the aliens, I don't know if I can stand another 10 episodes of this slow, drawn out sci fi show.
Old 12-13-21, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 313 Posts
re: Invasion (Apple TV +) -- S: Shamier Anderson -- Alien invasion series from Simon Kinberg

yeah, this was a 10 episode series of "meh". They gave us NOTHING to go on for next season... I'm all about alien invasion shows and movies but can't stand when there are two or three people who are psychic or travel to another dimension to fight them off. That's been done too many times already -- and better (Stranger Things).
Old 12-13-21, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 245 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
yeah, this was a 10 episode series of "meh". They gave us NOTHING to go on for next season... I'm all about alien invasion shows and movies but can't stand when there are two or three people who are psychic or travel to another dimension to fight them off. That's been done too many times already -- and better (Stranger Things).
The "all the aliens/robots/monsters are controlled by a hive mind" trope is played out. After Independence Day, Phantom Menace, Avengers and probably a bunch of crap I've blocked from my mind, filmmakers should be embarrassed to use it anymore.
Old 12-13-21, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I hate when shit takes place at the same time all over the world, every place seems to be within the same time zone. It's day time in Japan, London and the US? And now, the kid is dead but he's in the upside down and somehow knows Hinata's father? The mom doctor is still paranoid? And who didn't see that another alien ship was going to come fuck us up. Unless tis ramps up in the second season to actually seeing the fight against the aliens, I don't know if I can stand another 10 episodes of this slow, drawn out sci fi show.
I thought the show did a good job of not having every location bet set at the same time of day. If something happening in Japan happened the same time as London, it as night in one location and day in the other.
Old 12-13-21, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Loved this show, but I strangely don't love the idea of a second season. I thought it kind of had a good ending. I'm curious where they go with it, though.
Old 12-14-21, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 313 Posts

I thought Ep 9 should have been the finale (granted with a TON of questions still open)... but 10 brought down that gigantic mothership, and, well, all hell is about to break loose I suspect.
Old 12-14-21, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
I thought Ep 9 should have been the finale (granted with a TON of questions still open)... but 10 brought down that gigantic mothership, and, well, all hell is about to break loose I suspect.
Wasn't the astronaut girlfriend mysteriously lying alive on top of that radio dish? She still hasn't been discovered yet.
Old 07-26-23, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,709 Likes on 2,665 Posts

Season 2 trailer. Premieres August 23rd

dex14 can you lose Sam Neill in the thread title since he was killed off in the Pilot?

Old 07-26-23, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
Re: Invasion (Apple TV +) -- S: Shamier Anderson -- Alien invasion series from Simon Kinberg

I remember dumping out of this half-way or so through S1.
Old 07-26-23, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts
Re: Invasion (Apple TV +) -- S: Shamier Anderson -- Alien invasion series from Simon Kinberg

It got better when we started to see the aliens more.
Old 07-26-23, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 245 Likes on 156 Posts

Are they going to introduce any likable characters this time around?
Old 07-26-23, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 611 Likes on 441 Posts

Looks like I bailed after 2 shows
Old 08-23-23, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

S2 started up. Reviews for first several episodes are fairly good. Most say it has way better focus than S1.
Old 08-24-23, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
S2 started up. Reviews for first several episodes are fairly good. Most say it has way better focus than S1.
Meh, iIt's 50% on Rotten Tomatoes. Barely higher than season 1.
Old 08-24-23, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,206 Likes on 927 Posts

Watched the first episode of Season 2 last night. It had a The Abyss vibe to it at the end, with a great soundtrack.
Old 08-31-23, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk God

2nd episode sucked.
Old 09-28-23, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Can someone please explain to me why I'm still watching this? Nothing ever happens and the lead actors are given nothing to do other than to run around screaming or stare meaningfully into a giant alien blob.
Old 02-13-24, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Renewed for S3