DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Raised by Wolves (HBO Max) -- Sci-Fi series from EP Ridley Scott -- Premieres 9/3/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/651080-raised-wolves-hbo-max-sci-fi-series-ep-ridley-scott-premieres-9-3-20-a.html)

Troy Stiffler 06-13-21 09:49 AM

Re: Raised by Wolves (HBO Max) -- Sci-Fi series from EP Ridley Scott -- Premieres 9/3/20

Instead of revisiting and sitting through 10 hours again, I saw this in my Youtube feed and it was pretty helpful as a recap. Including stuff I missed.

Dr. DVD 06-13-21 10:34 AM

Re: Raised by Wolves (HBO Max) -- Sci-Fi series from EP Ridley Scott -- Premieres 9/3/20

So basically, this is taking all of the stuff Scott couldn't do with the Alien reboot attempts and putting them into a new setting that's similar enough to that of Alien to make people wonder if they're connected. That way when people ask if the two universes are connected the answer is "no...their different properties by different companies...(wink, wink, nudge, nudge). "

Troy Stiffler 06-13-21 01:59 PM

It was like taking another stab at Prometheus. I think. Less storytelling restraints that come with being a TV show.

It is a very good show. It is a story without much hope. Kinda hard to watch.

Dr. DVD 06-13-21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler (Post 13944979)
It was like taking another stab at Prometheus. I think. Less storytelling restraints that come with being a TV show.

It is a very good show. It is a story without much hope. Kinda hard to watch.

That was my issue. It was extremely pessimistic with mostly unlikable characters.

fujishig 06-03-22 09:15 AM

One of the actors (Father) apparently went on Reddit pleading with the fans to try to find it another home because it is an (as yet unofficial) casualty of the merger and cost cutting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbywol...tm_name=iossmf

RichC2 06-03-22 12:52 PM

Officially dropped: https://deadline.com/2022/06/raised-...ns-1235038081/

Giantrobo 06-03-22 02:52 PM

That sucks. I'm gonna miss Evil Sexy Grandmother. :(

windom 06-03-22 02:56 PM

I like this show a lot but I'm only up to the first 3 episodes of season two. It's not a show I can binge watch easily because you actually have to concentrate on what's going on. I think I have to go back to the start of season two since I can't really remember what happened in those first 3 episodes.

hdtv00 06-03-22 07:35 PM

I admit I bailed after 2 or 3 episodes this last season. It was hard to care/watch at this point.

Osiris3657 06-03-22 07:37 PM

That's a bummer. Liked the show

Tom Banjo 06-04-22 12:04 PM

I hadn’t even gotten to season 2 yet. Probably won’t bother now.

Dr. DVD 06-04-22 02:26 PM

I know this must have had its fans, but I bailed after the 4th episode of the first season. Aside from "Father", whom I had a soft spot for due to playing lots of Assassin's Creed : Origins ;) , I found all of the characters quite unlikable. Visuals were good, but the overall tone of the series was too dark and nihilistic for my taste.

fujishig 06-06-22 06:53 AM

You have to at least make it to the end of season 1 if just for the "what the hell just happened" feeling.

Rob V 06-07-22 10:37 AM

I'm kinda glad it's canceled. Having to stay totally focused to figure out wtf was going on was mentally draining. I didn't find a single character likeable and I sure as hell couldn't keep up with WHY stuff was happening the way it happened. I got thru two episodes of S2 and it fell off my radar.

Troy Stiffler 01-01-24 09:49 PM

I hadn’t seen this was cancelled.

Good example of why you shouldn’t open up so many questions without answers. Great show. Could have concluded nicely. And it didn’t.

windom 01-01-24 09:52 PM

Ridley should make a big budget movie to wrap everything up.

RichC2 01-01-24 10:07 PM

Don't think that's possible with the current non-available status of the series.

Why So Blu? 01-02-24 12:26 PM

I have the BD imports of the series.