Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rumor -- Catwoman Series starring Zoe Kravitz -- HBO Max

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-20, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Rumor -- Catwoman Series starring Zoe Kravitz -- HBO Max

I have exclusively learned that another The Batman spin-off series is in development.

Warner Bros. Television is currently working on a Catwoman show for HBO Max. Not much is currently known about this series, outside of the fact that it is set in the same universe as the upcoming The Batman movie. Zoë Kravitz is expected to reprise her role as Selina Kyle aka Catwoman.

Yesterday, Hulu announced that their High Fidelity series would be prematurely ending after one season. While we currently do not know why the series was cancelled, it is likely Catwoman had a hand in this decision. Ultimately, I decided to wait until the fate of High Fidelity was determined first before running this scoop, which I knew about a month ago, in the case this Catwoman show fell apart.

It is possible that the series will be a prequel, exploring the character of Selina Kyle and her adventures that took place before she met Bruce and most other major characters in Gotham.

However, we’ve heard rumors about how Selina might not actually become Catwoman in The Batman. Because of this, we believe that this Catwoman show could be a sequel to The Batman, following Selina’s transformation into the iconic villain/anti-hero known as Catwoman.

The Catwoman show will be joining the HBO Max prequel series focused on the Gotham Police Department, written by The Wolf of Wall Street’s Terence Winter.

It is currently unknown when either series will start production. Matt Reeves’ The Batman is currently set to release on October 1, 2021.
https://www.thecinemaspot.com/2020/0...works-hbo-max/
Old 08-07-20, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Re: Rumor -- Catwoman Series starring Zoe Kravitz -- HBO Max

My opinion is that they’re banking way too hard on The Batman at this point. I mean it’s already set to be a trilogy, and there’s now talks of two spinoff shows from it when we’ve seen no real footage (just the few production stills and the suit test footage).

I’d like to see if it’s something I want to invest more time into before getting excited about sequels and spinoffs.

The idea for a Catwoman show sounds cool. I’m not completely sold on the movie from the glimpses we’ve seen though, despite liking the director and most of the casting.

Last edited by Mike86; 08-07-20 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-07-20, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

They really, really need to start offering 4k/HDR- and hopefully better than what they offer on DCU- the bitrate for 4k/HDR shows is no higher than the standard 4k feed.
Old 08-07-20, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Selina's adventures as a street-smart prostitute. Yay, I guess. Prequels set in predictable settings can work but I have my doubts. Gotham addressed that by twisting all of Batman's mythology into his teen years.
Old 08-07-20, 08:44 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Selina's adventures as a street-smart prostitute. Yay, I guess. Prequels set in predictable settings can work but I have my doubts. Gotham addressed that by twisting all of Batman's mythology into his teen years.

Sounds like this 80’s classic.
Old 08-09-20, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F

Sounds like this 80’s classic.
Got the trilogy on Blu-ray.