Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Les Misérables (PBS) -- S: Dominic West, David Oyelowo, Lilly Collins -- premieres 4/14/19

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Les Misérables (PBS) -- S: Dominic West, David Oyelowo, Lilly Collins -- premieres 4/14/19

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-18, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,243 Likes on 4,264 Posts
Les Misérables - MASTERPIECE, PBS S: D. West, Owelowo, L. Collins (April 2019)

This is coming next year and looks really good. No singing in this one

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cJy9EBM0Mwc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MASTERPIECE on PBS and BBC One announce a new adaptation of Victor Hugo’s classic novel Les Misérables from multi award-winning screenwriter Andrew Davies. The drama is set to premiere Sunday, April 14, 2019 on MASTERPIECE on PBS.

The six-part drama adaptation stars Dominic West (The Affair, The Hour) as Jean Valjean, and David Oyelowo (Selma) as Javert in this landmark drama adaptation. They are joined in this epic event drama by Lily Collins (Rules Don’t Apply, Love, Rosie), in the role of Fantine.

With a striking intensity and relevance to us today, Victor Hugo’s novel is testimony to the struggles of France’s underclass and how far they must go to survive. The six-part television adaptation of the renowned book will vividly and faithfully bring to life the vibrant and engaging characters, the spectacular and authentic imagery and, above all, the incredible yet accessible story that was Hugo’s lifework.

The distinguished British cast also includes Adeel Akhtar (The Night Manager, Murdered By My Father) and Olivia Colman (Murder On The Orient Express, The Night Manager, Broadchurch) as Monsieur and Madame Thénardier, Ellie Bamber (Nocturnal Animals, Pride And Prejudice And Zombies) as Cosette, Josh O’Connor (The Durrells in Corfu) as Marius and Erin Kellyman (Raised By Wolves) as Éponine.
Old 12-05-18, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Les Misérables - MASTERPIECE, PBS S: D. West, Owelowo, L. Collins (April 2019)

Woah.

Can't Wait.
Old 04-13-19, 11:22 PM

Received 4,608 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Victor Hugo’s masterpiece comes to television in a six-part adaptation by multi- award-winning screenwriter Andrew Davies. Dominic West stars as fugitive Jean Valjean, with David Oyelowo as his pursuer Inspector Javert and Lily Collins as the luckless single mother Fantine. Ellie Bamber and Josh O'Connor costar as the young lovers Cosette and Marius.

Last edited by dex14; 04-13-19 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-14-19, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Les Misérables (PBS) -- S: Dominic West, David Oyelowo, Lilly Collins -- premieres 4/14/19

I watched this as it aired here and I liked it alot. I wasent a big fan of the Musical but this was well done and enjoyable
Old 04-19-19, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Les Misérables (PBS) -- S: Dominic West, David Oyelowo, Lilly Collins -- premieres 4/14/19

I will probably just record each ep and then watch an ep here and there.