TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Unsolved Mysteries returns on Netflix -- premieres 7/1/20

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-22, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts
Re: Unsolved Mysteries returns on Netflix -- premieres 7/1/20

Spoiler:
First episode of season three seems to be one that’s bound to be a true mystery.

At first I thought maybe the family was in denial as to the reality that Tiffany committed suicide but as it went on some things don’t seem to make sense.

Big questions in my mind- why walk all that distance to commit suicide and also why would she have taken off a good amount of her clothing, especially her shoes?

Unfortunately it seems like a perfect storm of things going wrong to not be able to solve this case. Shoddy police work (really can’t believe the uncle and cousin had to go out and still pick up parts of her…).

Plus there’s no true leads or witnesses or anything to go off of and the fact that her body was cremated and there’s no way of doing any testing. I get that she was mangled by the train though but still.

I do wonder why the convenience store worker and the three kids weren’t re-questioned or given polygraph tests to see if they were being truthful. Also was anyone at the party who knew her questioned in regards to an argument?

The only other things I can think of- was the breakup actually as clean as thought or was there some bad feelings? Possibly something involving the new girlfriend or an ex-lover?

Really going to be a tough one to crack.

Last edited by Mike86; 10-19-22 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-19-22, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
So apparently the first episode from season three is missing a lot of details about Tiffany’s case. There are some Reddit threads about various bits of information as well as an article here:

https://screenrant.com/unsolved-myst...tails-missing/
Old 10-19-22, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I've been thinking about this first episode for a day now, truly perplexing mystery.
Old 10-19-22, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 351 Likes on 270 Posts

Episode 3.3 reaction:
Spoiler:
Similar to a previous episode, not much of a mystery and more of a fugitive case.

But I can imagine Tammy being in a new relationship. Her boyfriend fires up Netflix this week and decides to watch Unsolved Mysteries and is about to get the shock of his life….

I skipped 3.2. Don’t like the paranormal episodes. Maybe I’ll watch them after the other episodes drop.

Old 10-20-22, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 267 Likes on 195 Posts

For 3.1 -her body was cremated -who made that decision the family? Why? IF you have questions that is your only hope is the autopsy. Lots of information left out as it want you to lean one way.

Lots of questions but I will go with suicide after getting more facts. The episode glossed over the money stealing. That alone could have been the reason and she was devastated at getting caught again...
Old 10-20-22, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I needed more Unsolved fix, so I ultimately decided to watch 3.2 (1994 UFO related)

It was stupid.

I believe in the possibility of life out there in the universe. I obviously believe there are “unidentified flying objects”. Doesn’t necessarily mean aliens, they are just unidentified.

But I’ve always hated UFO related documentaries. Maybe because of the cheap CGI and the repetitive “I saw these lights and they moved fast!” And that’s as far as it goes.

Old 10-20-22, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Second episode of season three was okay. Not really a lot to say about it. Basically a standard fare paranormal episode. I didn’t mind it but not my favorite episode either.

Old 10-25-22, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I jumped to episode 3.6 (Disappearance of Joshua)
Spoiler:
Wow, some really good detective work in this one. From the Pontiac car, the Yahoo personals info, and the photo headshots they dropped in there (you’d probably hate to see yourself appear in an Unsolved Mysteries episode).

Joshua definitely tried to meet up with someone. Probably got a cell phone call from a mystery person and stepped outside the apartment party. I remember having a cell phone in 2002, so it’s possible.

He probably met his hookup on the bridge and…

Old 10-26-22, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Episode 3.5 (paranormal rangers)

No spoilers - it’s dumb, waste of time.

Old 10-28-22, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Episode 3.4 (Buffalo Jim)
Spoiler:
Sounds like there is a single valid theory, but they just can't prove the mob guy / Crazy Horse Too owner was involved. Definitely used a stripper to trick Buffalo Jim into taking some cut / laced cocaine and it was OD / lethal poison.

Old 10-29-22, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Another good one. Like mentioned though really not a mystery but more of a fugitive case and needing help locating Tammy.

Regardless though a messed up story. David had to have been dead when DJ was at his apartment and he probably would have been killed or at least hurt if he went into the room.

Spoiler:
Another episode that’s not a full on mystery but more of a who done it. I mean it’s pretty clear that it was something with the mob, but actually proving that will probably be next to impossible.

Wondering if Buffalo Jim willingly took cocaine and it was way too strong or laced with something else or if it was forced into him (maybe he was held down or something).

The following users liked this post:
MLBFan24 (11-04-22)
Old 10-30-22, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
I didn’t dislike the episode. It’s another where it depends on what you believe. Personally it’s hard for me to discount anything that was said, but there also is no solid proof so who really knows.

Spoiler:
Very interesting episode. I feel like Katie and Nick probably weren’t involved. If so I don’t think they would be so willing and open to talk on the show.

The discrepancy between the time Katie said Nick left her place and when he said he left is the main thing, but that can be easily mistaken. Other than that if Joshua and Nick had a fight but they didn’t go much into that so I don’t think that was it.

The online dating profile seems like the most likely theory to me. Especially as mentioned in the show- if Joshua was posing as a female and met up with someone, maybe they got upset and killed him.

That or he just met someone that wound up not being safe and they did something to him. That just makes the most sense to me.

Like theorized above he probably received a call at the party and maybe went to hookup in secret and things took a turn.
MLBFan24 (11-04-22)
Old 11-01-22, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

3.7 (Body in the Bay)
Spoiler:
Damon - guilty! He for sure did it. I imagine Patrick Mullins noticed his friend in the bay, pulled up along side him, and caught Damon smoking some crystal meth.

Patrick probably tried to help Damon stop using meth in the moment (like a teacher would stop a student doing something bad). He was a librarian, so maybe he got in “teacher” mode.

Damon, in a high state, got mad and shot Patrick with the shotgun. The moment of shock “sobered” him up, did the unique boat rope tie, and disposed of the body with the anchor.

Last edited by MLBFan24; 11-02-22 at 12:24 PM.
story (11-05-22)
Old 11-02-22, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

3.9 (Missing children):
Spoiler:
I really liked this one. Very sad, especially all the Missing headshots at the end. One of them said Wanted - 1988!

The mom whose kids are in Egypt probably has zero chance at seeing her kids again.

The Aziz case seems more likely to be solved. The justice system is slow as shit. Too much red tape.

Old 11-04-22, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

3.8 (ghost paranormal):
Spoiler:
Yikes, this episode was all over the place.

Was it a paranormal ghost episode? Or a Marliz homicide episode? Or was it about the Girl in the Box incident that’s already been covered by other true crime shows? Choose one…

Old 11-04-22, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,661 Likes on 2,629 Posts

Yikes! Only 2 people are watching? I guess this new version of Unsolved Mysteries isn't really resonating with the guys here. I know its not the same show, but it still has the feel of it IMO.

I have been keeping up with most of season 3.

I'll mention a few of the ones I watched

Mystery of the Mile Marker 45 - I believe the young girl was murdered. However, I think this is a dead end case.

Body in Bags - Pretty compelling story. But the case lacks hard evidence and now the suspect won't talk. I don't think this one will be solved. It's kind of a creepy case with a horror element. I admire the victim's son. Strong kid.

Death in a Vegas Motel. - This story seems shady with some hidden criminal elements behind it. I think Buffalo Jim's killer involved the local crime syndicate. The "Lisa" person I think is a red herring.

I think the Volume 3 episodes that I have watched are very well produced and researched.
MLBFan24 (11-04-22)
Old 11-04-22, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 290 Likes on 182 Posts

I knocked out volume 3 in a couple days. Only ones I didn't care for are the ufo ones. All the missing and/or murder cases were interesting. Parent kidnapping episode was heartbreaking
Old 11-04-22, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
Mystery of the Mile Marker 45 - I believe the young girl was murdered. However, I think this is a dead end case.

I think the Volume 3 episodes that I have watched are very well produced and researched.
I wasn’t super impressed with the research/presentation of the case in the first episode after learning about a lot of details that were left out. Haven’t looked into other episodes yet.

Last edited by Mike86; 11-04-22 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-06-22, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
No way this was a suicide. Not even sure how that idea was seriously considered honestly.

I feel it’s likely Damon was involved in some capacity. Whether or not he did it is up in the air in my opinion.

I feel like Patrick could have come across him and maybe a drug dealer. The drug dealer killed him and Damon had to help cover it up and get rid of the body. Might explain why he took Patrick’s death so hard.

That or Damon was seen using drugs by Patrick and he freaked out and shot him.

Spoiler:
I was expecting another paranormal case but an interesting cold case episode. I haven’t ever heard the story of the girl in a box from other true crime shows so this was new to me.

We essentially know what happened so it’s only unsolved in the sense of where is Marliz’s body buried. I guess also in the sense of how do you explain Jody’s dreams and everything that happened?
Old 05-16-23, 06:25 PM

Received 4,601 Likes on 3,118 Posts

The following 4 users liked this post by dex14:
Deftones (05-16-23), DJariya (05-16-23), MLBFan24 (05-16-23), story (05-20-23)
Old 05-20-23, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The podcast version of this series (on iHeartRadio radio website) was cancelled. I’m bummed about that, since it was a good filler between the Netflix series seasons.
Old 02-01-24, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No set date but Deadline put out a list of shows premiering on Netflix and volume four of this is coming this year.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike86:
MLBFan24 (02-01-24), story (02-01-24)