Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Arrow (S7E09) -- "Elseworlds, Part 2" -- 3-Night Crossover Event -- 12/10/18

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-18, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,842 Likes on 1,141 Posts
Re: Arrow (S7E09) -- "Elseworlds, Part 2" -- 3-Night Crossover Event -- 12/10/18

Overall, the crossover was fun. Didn't blow me away, but still fun. The Easter Eggs, Comedy, Batwoman intro, and set up for CRISIS were THE REASONS to watch.
Old 12-12-18, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Arrow (S7E09) -- "Elseworlds, Part 2" -- 3-Night Crossover Event -- 12/10/18

Originally Posted by robin2099
From what I remember on the rewatch:

-Barry, Oliver and Kara are arrested at the corner of Nolan and Burton(I.E Batman director Tim Burton and The Dark Knight Trilogy director Christopher Nolan)

-Oliver saying Batman is a myth is a reference to the issue of Detective Comics where three cops eat dinner and tell how they encountered Batman during the night with everyone having a different version of him, and also references the animated episode Legends of the Dark Knight, and also the beginning of The Dark Knight.

-The wi-fi password is Alfred references Alfred the butler.

-Vesper Fairchild is a radio DJ that Bruce Wayne briefly dated in the comics.

-The Bat-signal looks like the one from The Dark Knight

-The William Shakespeare bust is a reference to the 60's TV series which hid the entrance to the Batcave.

- Batwoman hass short dark hair and a red wig, just like Yvonne Craig in the 60's series.

-Batwoman landing on the van and smashing the roof down is a refernce to Batman doing it to Scarecrow in The Dark Knight.

-Batwoman says that her and Kara as a team would be the "World's Finest". Which references the comic that stared Batman and Superman. Which was also the name of the Batman/Superman animated movie which put Batman:The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series in the same continuity. Which was also the name of the Supergirl Season 1 episode where Barry comes to visit Kara.

-In Arkham Asylum the names on the cell are : B. Karlo(Clayface), O. Cobblepot(The Penguin), P. Isley(Poison Ivy), E. Nygma(The Riddler) and M. Gugenheim(The episode writer).

-In the evidence locker in Arkham you can see Hugo Strange's glasses, Bane's mask from The Dark Knight, Mr. Freeze's freeze gun, The Riddler's Cane, Penguin's umbrella and obviously vials of Scarecrow's fear toxin.

-Barry and Oliver being The Trigger Twins at the end is a reference to two minor Batman villains who appeared in Detective Comics who robbed the same place, at the same time and teamed up when the they realized they looked alike.
-Kal and Lois having a Romantic evening at the Fortress of Solitude like Superman 2

Some spoilery easter eggs:

Spoiler:

-Affecting time via changing the Earth's rotation like Superman 77
-Lois getting Knocked up like Superman Returns

Old 12-12-18, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I saw someone saying they are working the Nolanverse into the Arrowverse with the Bane mask and the way the "W" for Wayne's building is the same "W" in the Nolan films.
Old 12-12-18, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 823 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
Are the writers even aware that Supergirl is from a different Earth? It's weird having Kara reference Bruce as Batman- the only thing we can conclude is that Bruce is Batman on her earth as well.
I also got the impression that the Arrow writers forgot that Supergirl is off on her own Earth, separate from Barry and Oliver.
Old 12-12-18, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I also got the impression that the Arrow writers forgot that Supergirl is off on her own Earth, separate from Barry and Oliver.
On Supergirl Kara has dropped that Batman and Supes are friends, so maybe this was an extension of that. It just seemed misplaced. On Earth 1 Bruce/Batman is missing, on Earth 38 Batman is active.
Old 12-12-18, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

Yeah, just because they are from different earths, it doesn't mean Batman isn't around.
Old 12-12-18, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 918 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I saw someone saying they are working the Nolanverse into the Arrowverse with the Bane mask and the way the "W" for Wayne's building is the same "W" in the Nolan films.
Kinda got that vibe myself with the fact Batman retired and Bruce went missing bit. Of course it could just be a geek Easter egg and not meant to be anything other than a reason to explain no Batman/Bruce in this universe.
Old 12-13-18, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

You'd have to find a way to reconcile Ra's al Ghul and Talia al Ghul.