TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Final Season on Disney+ - premieres 2/21/20

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-20, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 231 Likes on 159 Posts
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Final Season on Disney+ - premieres 2/21/20

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Another great episode, and surprisingly violent. This is why Filoni should be to Star Wars what Feige is to Marvel.

Old 05-04-20, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love how a few animated episodes and a live- action TV series completely decimates The Sequel Trilogy .

Well done.👏👏👏👏👍👍

The following 2 users liked this post by candyrocket786:
bunkaroo (05-04-20), Meathead (05-04-20)
Old 05-04-20, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Color me underwhelmed, but then again I was never a fan of the series in general to begin with. I just don't see how somebody that was supposedly THAT important to the saga is NEVER mentioned even once in the Original or Sequel Trilogy.
And yes, I'm aware that you can hear her voice at the end of TROS but shoehorning random voices that more than half the audience has no idea who they belong to count. I'm also aware that I'm in the extreme minority of Star Wars fans who do not worship at the altar of Filoni.
Old 05-04-20, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 463 Likes on 318 Posts

The final 4 episodes are incredible... more satisfying end to the Clone Wars than Episode 3.
Old 05-04-20, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,784 Likes on 1,916 Posts

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Color me underwhelmed, but then again I was never a fan of the series in general to begin with. I just don't see how somebody that was supposedly THAT important to the saga is NEVER mentioned even once in the Original or Sequel Trilogy.
Yeah, that's kind of a problem with these animated series, Clone Wars and Rebels. They are designed to fit in between the movies, and they sort of take on a life of their own and overwhelm the movies. I mean, the prequel trilogy is three movies and runs about six or seven hours. Clone Wars is some 130 episodes (plus a movie) and probably runs over fifty hours. Rebels is 75 episodes and probably runs about twenty-five hours. And on top of that, Ezra Bridger is, essentially, the new hope before Luke, and actually had to be shuffled off of the playing field before that series caught up with A New Hope.

And it does get sort of weird with Ahsoka Tano because she's probably going to end up being the character with the most screen time (between Clone Wars, Rebels, whatever comes after Rebels, and her live action appearances). Her story is weaved throughout the theatrical films, but never intersects with them, even though she's out there during the Clone Wars and the Rebellion. It just feels kind of odd.

I'm also aware that I'm in the extreme minority of Star Wars fans who do not worship at the altar of Filoni.
I'm also ambivalent about Filoni as well. He does do a lot of interesting and compelling things, but I also find a lot of his stuff pretty cringey, too, especially with the way he over-complicates the Force -- Mortis, The World Between Worlds, introducing time travel -- and I find a lot of that stuff doesn't really demystifies what should be vague and undefinable.

And his Mandalorian episode was probably the worst of the bunch. Amy Sedaris' character seemed like she walked right out of a cartoon.
Old 05-05-20, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

I have never really been a big Clone Wars fan and the prequels may have been part of the lack of interest but these last few episodes were really good. After this I was even interested in seeing Revenge of the Sith again and watched that from Order 66 onward.
Old 05-05-20, 09:02 AM

Received 4,637 Likes on 3,139 Posts

Finale was good. Last scene was interesting. Some really good direction and editing in these final 4. I wonder why they didn’t just take these last 4 episodes, expand them a bit and then market it as an event. They are just leaps and bounds more substantial than the previous 8.

Last edited by dex14; 05-05-20 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-05-20, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Finale was good. Last scene was interesting. Some really good direction and editing in these final 4. I wonder why they didn’t just take these last 4 episodes, expand them a bit and then market it as an event. They are just leaps and bounds more substantial than the previous 8.
So you're saying I should just check out the last 4? I started the season over the weekend and just couldn't get into the episode about the Clones so I turned it off.
Old 05-05-20, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
So you're saying I should just check out the last 4? I started the season over the weekend and just couldn't get into the episode about the Clones so I turned it off.
That is all I did. Kids were sometimes watching the other episodes in the background but never interested me. 9-12 could have been a separate movie they put on Disney+.
Old 05-06-20, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

I thought these 4 episodes were pretty fantastic. Even better that I didn't have to slog though the whole season to get to them. I knew Asoka showed up in Rebels so there was no suspense on whether she'd make it out alive but I don't think they lessened the impact.
Old 05-22-20, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Just finished the last 4 episodes and man were they good. I can definitely see them putting this together as a movie/event. Each episode started on the same frame that last one ended and they called them Episode 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Old 07-29-20, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,162 Likes on 908 Posts

Just started watching the series with my girlfriend the past couple days. We’re only very early in at this point (the movie and like the first four episodes). Pretty good so far.

One thing though, why is the chronological order so messed up for a good chunk of the show? Seems like it was that way for quite a while. Also does it matter a lot? So far the episodes we’ve watched don’t necessarily seem tied in.

I wound up printing out a list and we’re checking off the episodes as we go. Kind of a pain to have to continually jump around. I wish Disney+ just had an option to go in chronological order.
Old 07-29-20, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,784 Likes on 1,916 Posts

There are various lists online that show the chronological viewing order of Clone Wars.

Here's the order from the official Star Wars site: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...l-episodeorder

I'm not sure why it's so screwy. Even the seventh and final season isn't in the right order.

Old 07-29-20, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
There are various lists online that show the chronological viewing order of Clone Wars.

Here's the order from the official Star Wars site: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...l-episodeorder

I'm not sure why it's so screwy. Even the seventh and final season isn't in the right order.
Yeah, that’s the list I printed out. Weird that it was an on going thing throughout the course of the show. I know sometimes networks don’t air episodes in the proper order. It’s a jumbled mess mess though and just the first four episodes you go between three seasons.

Last edited by Mike86; 07-29-20 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-07-20, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Back to the chronological order of this show- I can see now where certain episodes tie together that are seasons or episodes apart.

I think Disney should do an option within the app to watch the show either by season or in chronological order so it’s not so confusing to people who may not bother to look up. Also that way you wouldn’t have to jump between episodes frequently.
Old 12-29-23, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition