Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Into the Badlands (AMC) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 4/22/18

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-18, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Into the Badlands (AMC) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 4/22/18

Season three of AMC's "Into the Badlands" premieres on Sunday, April 22nd at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. On the premiere episode, "Enter the Phoenix" Sunny (Daniel Wu) returns to the Badlands, seeking a cure for his son, Henry. Meanwhile, The Widow (Emily Beecham) and Chau (Eleanor Matsuura) wage a bloody civil war as a new threat emerges.

Season three of "Into the Badlands" finds Sunny (Wu) living off the grid, doing his best to provide for his infant son, Henry, in the wake of Veil's death. It is only when Henry contracts a mysterious illness that Sunny must join forces with Bajie (Nick Frost) and journey back into the Badlands, where The Widow (Beecham) and Baron Chau (Matsuura) are entrenched in a drawn-out war that has destabilized the entire region. No longer supported by Tilda (Ally Ioannides) or Waldo (Stephen Lang), The Widow must find new allies in Lydia (Orla Brady) and in Nathaniel Moon (Sherman Augustus) - the former regent who lost his hand to Sunny and Bajie in Season 2. But when a mysterious nomadic leader called Pilgrim (Babou Ceesay) arrives in the Badlands on a mission to restore Azra and usher in a new era of "peace," old enemies must band together to defend the Badlands.

"Into the Badlands" was created by showrunners/executive producers/writers Alfred Gough and Miles Millar and executive produced by Oscar(R)-nominated producers Stacey Sher and Michael Shamberg, director David Dobkin, fight director Stephen Fung and Daniel Wu. The series stars Daniel Wu (Tomb Raider) as Sunny; Aramis Knight (Enders Game) as M.K.; Emily Beecham (Daphne) as The Widow; Orla Brady ("Fringe") as Lydia; Ally Ioannides ("Parenthood") as Tilda and Nick Frost as Bajie (Shaun of the Dead). This season, they will be joined by new series regulars Lorraine Toussaint ("Orange is the New Black"), Sherman Augustus ("Westworld"), Babou Ceesay ("Guerilla") and Ella-Rae Smith (Clique), as well as new recurring guest stars Dean-Charles Chapman ("Game of Thrones") and Lewis Tan ("Iron Fist").

16 episode 3rd season

Seasons 1 and 2 are both on Netflix for those who need to get caught up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/49lzyDogKE4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-23-18, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
Re: Into the Badlands (AMC) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 4/22/18

Last season didn't do too much for me. I'm really on the fence on starting this one up again. The only thing I enjoyed last season was the new wise ass guy that joined up. Anyone catch last night? I DVRed it but don't know when I will get around to this one.
Old 04-23-18, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

A lot of big action scenes in this first episode, -big ridiculous Hong Kong-style action scenes that will either "work" for you or they just won't. No Martin Czokas, the drawling, scenery-devouring villain of the last two seasons, so that's a plus for me.
Old 04-23-18, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I was on the fence all last season as to whether I should drop this or not... and Nick Frost suddenly revealing he was some master martial artist really sat the wrong way on the believably scale, not that the series has much believability anyways with the whole black-eye thing M.K. has going on. Story seems mostly silly nonsense and only reason I really watched was for Sunny, but that S2 finale pretty much left a sour taste about Sunny's portrayal. Anyways, point is, I suppose I'll tune in this season, but it won't take much to convince me to end up dropping the show at this point.
Old 06-18-18, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

The Old World was 500 years ago? The writing team didn't think that through. Where are they getting fuel, lubricants, spare parts, and tires for their vehicles? They appear to have no capacity for making those things. What sort of batteries last 500 years so they can power vacuum tube radios (I doubt these characters know what radio waves are) and secret underground chambers?
Old 06-19-18, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

well I'm glad that is over... But it looks like its the midseason finale only? Every season I start watching and by the end of the season I wonder why I watched. The woman that played Nick Frosts ex-wife / the boat captain seemed like a caricature of a video game character from the 90s. I'm making this post here so hopefully I read my comment and dont watch when it comes back...
Old 08-11-18, 08:58 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just catching up, a few episodes in

This show rocks !

the fight scenes are awesome

the storylines , whilst not perfect are cohesive enough
Old 08-11-18, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do we know when the 2nd half of S3 will be? It was rumored to be Aug or Sept but I haven't seen any confirmation.
Old 08-11-18, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

maybe after Fear the walking dead finishes up as it comes back this week or so...
Old 08-12-18, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jpcamb
maybe after Fear the walking dead finishes up as it comes back this week or so...
TWD starts the week after FTWD is done in it's timeslot. Very strange there hasn't been any word on the mid-season premiere date of Into the Badlands when everything else has dates set.
Old 09-06-18, 08:33 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This was badass ! did enjoy some of the new characters

Fight scenes as always, top notch
Old 02-09-19, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk God

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...medium=twitter

Cancelled by AMC. The final 8 episodes of season 3 will be the last of the series.

Season 3 Part 2 return March 24th.

I couldn't get into this show. I watched all of season 1 and barely touched season 2.
Old 02-10-19, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...medium=twitter

Cancelled by AMC. The final 8 episodes of season 3 will be the last of the series.

Season 3 Part 2 return March 24th.

I couldn't get into this show. I watched all of season 1 and barely touched season 2.
Hmmm maybe I will ride this out until the end as I watched since the start.... such an odd show, if not for the Widow I would have dropped off some time ago.
Old 02-10-19, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I had such high hopes before it premiered. I've come to understand that whatever AMC wanted from this show wasn't for me.
Old 02-11-19, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's an odd choice to announce that they're cancelling two shows before their final run of episodes.
Old 02-11-19, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DWilson
It's an odd choice to announce that they're cancelling two shows before their final run of episodes.
they have a history of doing this. Halt and Catch Fire was canceled before they began filming the last season, I think it was the same thing with The Turn.
Old 02-11-19, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I guess their strategy is to minimize revenue. Does AMC have an ownership stake in this show? If not this looks a lot liked scorched earth revenge tactics.
Old 02-11-19, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I think it's from the school of "any publicity is good publicity" camp. The announcements will get picked up across social media.

Networks play games these days with renewal and cancellation announcements. Virtually every cable show receives a two-year commitment before a day of filming takes place, but they continue the charade that a show is "renewed" for a second season after a few episodes. It's solely to garner more attention and press.
Old 02-11-19, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I actually almost have to wonder if they are hoping for a fan based campaign to try and save the show... things to go viral. Seems unlikely with this show though...
Old 02-11-19, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk God

I think you are all over-thinking this. Episodes were filmed many months ago. Probably the contracts for talent were due to expire soon, so they had to make a decision. Either renew or cut their losses now. So they cut their losses.
Old 02-11-19, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jpcamb
I actually almost have to wonder if they are hoping for a fan based campaign to try and save the show... things to go viral. Seems unlikely with this show though...
Could be what they were going for... but I'm only going to watch this back-half of S3 because it's ending. Otherwise I was really considering dropping the show tbh.

Old 02-11-19, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Koby
Could be what they were going for... but I'm only going to watch this back-half of S3 because it's ending. Otherwise I was really considering dropping the show tbh.
I may or may not, since I assume they had no idea they were cancelled. I would have watched "The Son", but there's no reason to commit any further to it.
Old 02-11-19, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Hate to see it go, but I'm part of the problem. I watched Season 1 but never went back to it. Everything about it screamed "Abob will love this!" but I just never really latched on to it. I didn't have any problems with it, it just didn't grab me at the time. Someday I will binge the whole thing. Turn was the same way.

I don't watch a lot of TV when it airs, but AMC is one channel that I have stayed away from in general. They air shows that I want to see and that appeal to me, but they cancel everything prematurely, so I wait and will watch the whole thing someday.
Old 03-24-19, 09:53 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

<iframe width="711" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tQpGSQ-0rBw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AMC's groundbreaking martial arts drama Into the Badlands will conclude with its final eight episodes on Sunday, March 24 at 10:00 p.m. ET/9:00 p.m. CT following a new episode of The Walking Dead. The series will then move to its regular timeslot with a new episode on Monday, March 25 at 10:00 p.m. ET/9:00 p.m. CT. As we enter the final chapter of Into the Badlands, an imprisoned Bajie warns Sunny that Pilgrim can't be trusted. But with his son's life on the line, Sunny struggles with his decision to help Pilgrim unlock the Meridian Chamber. Meanwhile, M.K., still reeling from the revelation that Sunny killed his mother, is hell-bent on revenge. Kidnapped by The Master, the Widow is forced to confront her past. Moon meanwhile races to save Lydia from impending death after she risked her life for his on the battlefield. As the last episodes unfold long buried secrets will be revealed, new alliances will be forged, and the saga will climax in an epic battle to end all battles.
Old 05-29-19, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

I finished the season (and series I guess) today. I dug the show. Big fan of Minerva (The Widow). I can't help but believe the showrunners are hoping to land on another network or somewhere on streaming, based on the final couple scenes. I'd keep watching.