Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Dark - Netflix Original (German w English subs)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dark - Netflix Original (German w English subs)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-19, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Re: Dark - Netflix Original (German w English subs)

I just re-read my comments from season one...I watched season two and must say I don't have a fucking clue what the hell happened as I barely remembered season one..

I powered through them. All the names of who I was supposed to keep track of and who was to who and what in this or that time and I am my own dad but not in this time I fucked my aunt and love her.

Old 07-12-19, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
I just re-read my comments from season one...I watched season two and must say I don't have a fucking clue what the hell happened as I barely remembered season one..

I powered through them. All the names of who I was supposed to keep track of and who was to who and what in this or that time and I am my own dad but not in this time I fucked my aunt and love her.

That's my hesitation on watching S02. I binged S01 last year, and my head was spinning at the time keeping everything and everyone clear in my head.
I liked the first season a lot, but I really don't recall much of the nuanced specifics now...
Old 07-13-19, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I’m pretty rusty on the season 1 details, too. I’m thinking of just holding off until the third season is out and binging the whole series.
Old 07-15-19, 08:27 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

wow, I have completely forgotten about 90% of this, will try and work my way back, may need some help from wiki on this...
Old 07-15-19, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

I finished up the 2nd season over the weekend. I don't blame people for having trouble keeping track of what happened. I watched season 1 for the first time right before I started season 2, and it still wasn't easy keeping all the various plot lines and characters, and connections in order. That being said, I really like it and love that we still don't know which of
Spoiler:
Claudia or Adam is the good side or bad

Can't wait for it to wrap up next year
Old 06-19-20, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This awesome show's 3rd and final season comes out June 27th

Obviously this show is not watched by alot of people here, but it has some recognition. Rotten Tomatoes recently ran a "tournament" of best original works from Netflix that users voted on, and Dark won the whole thing.
Old 06-19-20, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Really looking forward to the final season. Amazing Amazing show and next to "Fauda" (on Netflix) - my favorite foreign drama.
Old 06-19-20, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I really liked the first two seasons, outside of the voice actors. Pleasantly surprised to see the final season coming out so soon.
Old 06-19-20, 12:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I actually have to watch s2, look like a good summer binge for me to catch up
Old 06-19-20, 01:34 PM

Sweet, I was waiting for this before even watching S2. When I saw that it would be 3 seasons I figured I’d wait and binge it all.
Old 06-20-20, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I binge watched S1 and S2 last month, I can't wait for S3.

But yeah, it's hard to follow all the details if you keep long pauses between seasons.

Old 06-29-20, 03:05 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost just finished binging all 3 seasons of this and with 4 episodes left I have no desire to finish it it. have never been more confused by anything in my entire life. I enjoy movies and shows that are confusing and hard to follow, and anything with time travel always has issues, but this show just said screw it let's see how confusing we can make this story. Seriously way to much going on and the 10 minute musical montage of confusing things around the end of every episode? Just rename this show to WTF. I shouldn't have too abd sure as hell dont want to go through this a second and third time like some have suggested just to get this, and even then you still probably wont. Sorry for rant but this just went way over the top for confusion, especially for the final 3ed season were 6 episodes in it's only more and more and more questions, I dont think I've gotten a correct straight answer in this show since everyone is apparently lying on both the light and dark sides on both worlds. POS
Old 06-30-20, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

I never heard of this show. It's been trending and becoming more popular over the past few weeks.
Old 06-30-20, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It is incredibly confusing. I am sure someone had done some sort of diagram linking everything. It really is sort of meh but I watch. I hope the ending makes some sense or I will be very unhappy. 3 episodes in on season 3.
Old 07-04-20, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,262 Likes on 840 Posts

I was a huge fan of S1, but haven't watched S2 because of the same reason others mentioned, i.e. forgetting who is who and completely losing track of what's going on. Now that S3 is out, I'll just rewatch S1 and then S2 and 3.

Heck, I had to watch a few "S1 explained" YT videos to fully understand S1. And I'm sure I'll have to watch them again, and do the same after S2.
Old 07-04-20, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm halfway through season 3 and...I've got mixed feelings. The show is complicated enough as it is, with there being like 5 different time periods and multiple versions of about a dozen characters...but the addition of
Spoiler:
an alternate world
just makes me throw up my hands in frustration
Old 07-05-20, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This whole series was meh... It doesn't really do anything. I am not sure why I watched it but I got nothing out of it. IF you have not started it and like to be confused and frustrated and irritated watch it. I would never recommend it to anyone. The ending blows.
Old 07-05-20, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
This whole series was meh... It doesn't really do anything. I am not sure why I watched it but I got nothing out of it. IF you have not started it and like to be confused and frustrated and irritated watch it. I would never recommend it to anyone. The ending blows.
This makes me happy I never came back after S1. I liked it but was confusing as shit.
Old 07-06-20, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Different strokes I guess. I think it’s one of the best shows in recent memory. It’s very dense but it does all make sense in the end. I get the feeling it was mostly planned out in advance and not made up on the fly. You may wanna watch some YouTube videos that discuss family tree, things you may have missed and what the ending means.
Old 07-07-20, 12:09 AM

I saw season 1 and had planned to do a binge of the entire show once season 3 came out. But, if the consensus continues to be as “meh” as most most have said so far, it’s looking unlikely I’ll bother. Sounds like the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.
Old 07-14-20, 01:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This series was just plain amazing in my book! I only discovered it when hype was building around season 3's release so i binged all 3 seasons back to back in about 3 weekends. And boy was it worth it. The world is SO rich and complex and you get to know and love the characters so well.

And i really liked the series finale ending. i felt like it couldn't have happened any other way. And of course must be watched in Germain with subtitles but it's so good it has to be watched in ANY language.

I will probably go in Dark withdrawals now hah

Old 07-20-20, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ended up finishing the season. I do like how the final episode wrapped it all up and explained everything. That said, I still think the show is very complicated and requires multiple viewings in order to really understand what's happening. That is probably not most people's cup of tea.
Old 07-21-20, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

dont want to read too much above due to spoilers but I finished season 1 last night and think the show is very entertaining. Lots of twists and turns and paradoxes. Not the typical mindless fodder we see so much of these days. Looking forward to the next season and plan to start it tonight.