Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Smallville's Allison Mack has been identified as a high-ranking member of a sex cult

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville's Allison Mack has been identified as a high-ranking member of a sex cult

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-18, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Smallville's Allison Mack has been identified as a high-ranking member of a sex c

No surprise re: AM's arrest. What will surprise me is if AM gets anything other than a slap on the wrist for these crimes.

Rarely do you see attractive, young, blonde women doing hard time in jail - even when they commit horrific crimes.
Old 04-20-18, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Smallville's Allison Mack has been identified as a high-ranking member of a sex c

What "crime" has she committed?
Old 04-20-18, 07:12 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Why can't I be recruited into a sex cult?
I guess I'll just have to start my own.
Old 04-20-18, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

If convicted of the crimes charged, Raniere and Mack each face mandatory minimum sentences of 15 years' imprisonment, and up to life imprisonment.
Old 04-20-18, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by melasnus
What "crime" has she committed?
Did you read anything prior to your post in this topic?
Old 04-20-18, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
I am rewatching Smallville for the first time since it originally aired and it is really hard to reconcile smiling Chloe with the person who committed such acts.
Yeah, I never watched the first three seasons so I've been meaning to do that, but no way this wouldn't color that viewing.
Old 04-20-18, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Do batshit crazy things, win batshit crazy prizes.
Old 04-20-18, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Pretty sure she'll make a deal and testify against Raniere and will probably get several years of probation, and pay a sizable fine.
Old 04-20-18, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDude
Rarely do you see attractive, young, blonde women doing hard time in jail - even when they commit horrific crimes.
Indeed. The female sentencing and plea bargain discount applies in spades here.
Old 04-20-18, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know all the details, but this sounds like part of the new war on prostitution. So I have some doubts about those charges.
Old 04-20-18, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

No surprise re: AM's arrest. What will surprise me is if AM gets anything other than a slap on the wrist for these crimes.

Except for Jodi Arias.
Old 04-21-18, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that actress Grace Park has been involved with the cult. They apparently hooked a couple of the actresses from Battlestar Galactica and possibly the Terminator 3 actress.
Old 04-21-18, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I don't know. I feel kind of sorry for Allison. Kind of sad to see her life take such a dark turn. I hope she still has friends and family who care enough about her and want to help her through this crisis and her issues that led her to this turn.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-21-18 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-21-18, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allison is no helpless victim. The true victims are the people she recruited.
Old 04-21-18, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone from Smallville appear at comic cons?
Old 04-21-18, 10:41 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger
Anyone from Smallville appear at comic cons?
Rosenbaum knocks them out often.
Welling just started doing them this month.
I met them both at Awesome Con Easter weekend.

Funnily enough, I met Allison a few years back at a con in Orlando (John Glover was there too), she was super nice.
Old 04-21-18, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that actress Grace Park has been involved with the cult. They apparently hooked a couple of the actresses from Battlestar Galactica and possibly the Terminator 3 actress.
There's speculation that the father of Loken's kid is the dude that is in jail right now.

https://artvoice.com/2018/04/07/term.../#.Wtti6S_MyMI
Old 04-21-18, 11:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MikahC
Allison is no helpless victim. The true victims are the people she recruited.
Agree 100%!! To all of those who fell "sorry" for AM, she is definitely not a victim. And, to these same people - don't downplay these cults. These are the types of organizations that draw/suck people in, and in some cases end up turning into a Jim Jones/Guyana situation. I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but the idea of brainwashing/duping people is what these types of groups are all about. Any leader(s) of these groups are scum of the earth, and many of the helpers are scum as well. They prey on the weak, weak-minded, and defenseless. Fuck them.

On a similar note, the leaders (and in many cases participants) in any type of organization that is trying to pull you in for the sole purpose of ripping you off are also scum of the earth - and that includes pyramid schemes, etc.

Last edited by TheDude; 04-21-18 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-21-18, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
Did you read anything prior to your post in this topic?
Talking someone into screwing a friend is "sex trafficking?"
Hardly...
This just looks like a charge a prosecutor dreamed up to get her to flip so they can put that guy away for a long time.
Old 04-21-18, 12:31 PM
Banned

Last time I checked, branding your initials on someone & making them into a slave is illegal.

Last edited by TheDude; 04-21-18 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-21-18, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by melasnus
Talking someone into screwing a friend is "sex trafficking?"
Hardly...
This just looks like a charge a prosecutor dreamed up to get her to flip so they can put that guy away for a long time.
Nope.
Old 04-21-18, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I do think the charges are largely overhyped and media reports in cases like this one are so sensationalized that we may never know the full truth.

What ultimately ended this guy's smallish cult was ensnaring a couple of the daughters from the Seagram's fortune. They were spending millions of their inheritance and trust on this guy and his group. Their powerful family complained to New York prosecutors and the rest is history. This is about stopping the operation now before it gets too big and powerful like Scientology.
Old 04-21-18, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What's the difference between a church and a cult? Political influence. - George Carlin

Edit: Was it religion instead of church? Can't find the exact quote.

Last edited by Ranger; 04-21-18 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-22-18, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

If you want to go down the rabbit hole on NXVIM, this site has hundreds of articles/posts about exposing it:

https://frankreport.com/
Old 04-22-18, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Last time I checked, branding your initials on someone making them into a slave is illegal.
Not if it is voluntary.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.