TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rewatching the Walking Dead from Season 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-17, 12:26 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Rewatching the Walking Dead from Season 1

SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY

Except for a few key episodes, i haven't watched any episode more than once. I just watched from half season to half season

This is my first time rewatching the show

Season 1 wasn't as slow moving as i remember. I do remember there being a lot of talk about not enough zombie action (and this had a lot to do with budget as the show started off with not a big budget which has grown as it's gotten more popular).

Rewatching, i really appreciate the relationships as they develop. Yes there are characters you know die at certain points. Seeing Glen and Rick's first encounter, Glen helping Rick out of the Tank, really does bring home how hard it would have hit Rick when Glen got his head bashed in with that baseball bat. Likewise with Glen and Maggie's first time having sex

Into season 2 (i'm at the latter end of it so far), Rick really screwed up with Sophia. He had two, count em just two walkers on his tale. he could have hid Sophia in that recess in the river, taken them out 10 metres away and then gotten Sophia back. he didn't need to run away to lead them away, not just two of them !

And then more stupidity by Rick. After Rick had killed the two guys in the abandoned bar, their mates come looking for them, Rick, Glen and Hershel are hiding and Rick calls out that he killed them but they drew first ! as if they cared ! What the heck was the point in telling them what happened. He gave up tactical advantage and just got them mad !

Dale's morality rants are more bearable the second time round because you know he doesn't last too long

Overall though, really enjoying the rewatch and reallly shows how much certain characters have changed
Old 08-27-17, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Rewatching the Walking Dead from Season 1

Don't forget the walkers were considered much more dangerous early in the series. That is something that they recently said would come up during future seasons. He probably could take two of them out, but didn't want to risk it with the girl so close.
Old 08-27-17, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Now that you're re-watching it from the start, let us know what episode it begins to become silly that people can still find plenty of gas to power their cars with.
Old 08-27-17, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Now that you're re-watching it from the start, let us know what episode it begins to become silly that people can still find plenty of gas to power their cars with.
And also their lawnmowers
Old 08-28-17, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Whatever season they decided to make Beth a main character, was that S4 or S5.
Old 08-28-17, 01:52 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just finished season 2. Dale and Shane dead. The who Shane turning bad storyline progressed much quicker than i remember

Interesting to see how useless Carol and Maggie are at this point in time.

Darryl is awesome from the beginnning

Carl looks so young
Old 08-28-17, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

I've tried to rewatch a couple of times, but have never made it further than Season 2 on those attempts. I really liked S1 but I find S2 bogs me down each time. I don't think it's the slag many do, I just seem to stall out at this point when I try to rewatch.

I didn't recall anybody complaining S1 was slow moving ... if anything (IMO) they moved too quickly and wasted some good opportunities.
Old 08-28-17, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

I've only seen a few episodes of the show, but have always been meaning to start from the beginning on Netflix.
Old 08-28-17, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I didn't recall anybody complaining S1 was slow moving ... if anything (IMO) they moved too quickly and wasted some good opportunities.
I agree. It's actually quite impressive how much ground was covered in those few episodes.
Old 08-28-17, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

I have still only watched through season 3, I am hoping the bluray sets might be on sale soon the closer we get to Halloween so I can catch up.
Old 12-19-22, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Random bump but figured I’d post here rather than start a new thread. My fiancée and I recently started to watch this. I had only seen the first season way back when it aired but didn’t continue after that point.

We just wrapped up season two yesterday and I have to say that so far at least it’s a damn good show and is pretty addicting. I know I’ve heard it gets rocky along the way but for now at least I intend to watch the full series.

Are the spinoff shows worthwhile or not really?
Old 12-19-22, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Random bump but figured I’d post here rather than start a new thread. My fiancée and I recently started to watch this. I had only seen the first season way back when it aired but didn’t continue after that point.

We just wrapped up season two yesterday and I have to say that so far at least it’s a damn good show and is pretty addicting. I know I’ve heard it gets rocky along the way but for now at least I intend to watch the full series.

Are the spinoff shows worthwhile or not really?
I like Fear the Walking Dead, but many here hate it. It starts out with brand new characters, but then they add a character from the main show in a later season. It was obviously done to help ratings. The show is going into season 8.

World Beyond sucked. Skip it. I only saw the 1st season and it wasn't very good. It was all new characters/

Tales of the Walking Dead: I didn't watch.

Yet to air:
Dead City
Daryl Dixon

If you're serious about watching it. It's going to take you a long long time. You have 9 more seasons. 8 are on Netflix. The final season is on AMC + Fear is on Hulu (7 seasons) I think it depends on how much free time you have.
Old 12-19-22, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

World Beyond wasn't bad. Tales was horrible. Fear is more enjoyable than the later seasons of the main series imo.
Old 12-19-22, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Cool. I think for now we’ll just try and get through the core show and you’re right that should keep us busy for quite a while.

Maybe we’ll watch the other shows down the line.