Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

I Hate Suzie (HBO Max) - S: Billie Piper

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-20, 07:51 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts
I Hate Suzie (HBO Max) - S: Billie Piper

HBO Max announced today that original dramedy I Hate Suzie will stream exclusively in the U.S. on the platform. The series follows an actress whose life is thrown into turmoil when her phone is hacked and extremely compromising photographs of her are leaked. I Hate Suzie is co-created by BAFTA nominee Billie Piper (Collateral, Doctor Who), who also leads the cast, and by Emmy(R) winner and critically acclaimed writer of the series Lucy Prebble (Succession, Enron). I Hate Suzie is a bold, bracing, original dramedy about the moment in life when the mask slips, asking if any of us can survive being well and truly 'known'.

Suzie Pickles (Piper), has her life upended when she is hacked and pictures of her emerge in an extremely compromising position. The eight-part series shows her unraveling as the event ricochets around every area of her life. Episode by episode, we follow her through the stages of shock, denial, fear, shame, bargaining, guilt, anger and acceptance as Suzie and her best friend and manager Naomi, played by Leila Farzad (Innocent, Twenty Twelve), try to hold her life, career and marriage together. The cast also includes Daniel Ings (Lovesick, The Crown) and Nathaniel Martello-White (Collateral, Guerilla).

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Billie Piper as Suzie Pickles
· Daniel Ings
· Leila Farzad as Naomi
· Nathaniel Martello-White

CREW INFORMATION:
· Andrea Dewsbery as PROD
· Billie Piper as CRTR/EP
· Jane Tranter as EP
· Julie Gardner as EP
· Liz Lewin as EP
· Lucy Prebble as CRTR/EP
UK import. I remember seeing really great reviews for this. I've been waiting for it to come to the US.
Old 12-20-22, 01:30 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: I Hate Suzie (HBO Max) - S: Billie Piper

No comments from when this originally premiered on HBO Max.

Well... there is a Season 2 premiering on 12/22.

Old 12-20-22, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: I Hate Suzie (HBO Max) - S: Billie Piper

I watched the first season so will watch this. I think it's only 3 episodes, so I can hopefully find time to watch it before HBO Max pulls it. It seems like it's been a lot longer than 2 year since the first season.