DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-28-17, 10:57 AM   #126
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Game of Thrones (S7E07) -- "The Dragon and the Wolf" -- 8/27/17 -- Season Finale

Why was Tyrion looking all upset or whatever when he saw Snow go pork Daenrys?

anyone anyone?
There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."
Old 08-28-17, 10:58 AM   #127
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Game of Thrones (S7E07) -- "The Dragon and the Wolf" -- 8/27/17 -- Season Finale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
I like how the episode title has 2 meanings. The dragon and the wolf could mean Dany and Jon or it can also mean just Jon is both dragon and wolf.
That would make sense based on his conversation with Theon about how he is both a Greyjoy and a Stark.
Old 08-28-17, 10:59 AM   #128

Quote:
Did I miss something? How did Robert have Targryan blood?
It just happens that Robert's grandfather Ormund Baratheon married Rhaelle Targaryen. This did help in transition a bit making his claim to the throne as he had some Targaryen blood after the rebellion. I don't recall this ever be mentioned in the show, it's from the books. I mean if you looks far enough you'll find lots of blood from great houses in every other house.
Old 08-28-17, 11:04 AM   #129
DVD Talk Legend

My prediction based on nothing:

Spoiler:
I think we see a Dany heel turn. She has claimed for 7 seasons that she is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne and has done everything needed to take it back. Well, once she finds out about Jon her entire claim falls apart. That will make her unhappy. Also, we see that Cersei really went off the rails when she lost her 3 kids. I predict the other two dragons will die too and that will also drive Dany to break bad.
Old 08-28-17, 11:11 AM   #130
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post

anyone anyone?
My best guess is that he's concerned that it will cloud their judgement.
Old 08-28-17, 11:13 AM   #131
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think Jon wants the throne or would throw away a piece of ass over it. He'd be fine being King to Dany's Queen IMO. He didn't want to be King in the North and was quick to leave it to Sansa when something else came up. Jon is a solider more in line with Ned than Cersei.
Old 08-28-17, 11:26 AM   #132
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
I don't think Jon wants the throne or would throw away a piece of ass over it. He'd be fine being King to Dany's Queen IMO. He didn't want to be King in the North and was quick to leave it to Sansa when something else came up. Jon is a solider more in line with Ned than Cersei.
I think HE would be fine with it. I don't think she would be. She wants to be the lone ruler and if she's queen to the rightful heir she'll be second fiddle even if Jon isn't doing anything.
Old 08-28-17, 11:42 AM   #133
DVD Talk Hero

I think it would have been funny if it turned out Beric had been resurrected six times because it was the Lord of Light's will that he die in a structural collapse.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 08-28-17, 12:00 PM   #134
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikahC View Post
Dany on not being able to have children (spoilered for size)...
Spoiler:
I really liked that conversation and how obvious Jon's thoughts were. With everyone's predictions, I think Jon knocks up Dany so that both her and Cersei being with child ends up being some sort of plot point.

And of course you can GFY. -chess
Old 08-28-17, 12:04 PM   #135
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
My best guess is that he's concerned that it will cloud their judgement.
Also, Tyrion has feelings for Dany and I'm sure he feels some regret and longing there. Seemingly every man she's not with does.
Old 08-28-17, 12:08 PM   #136
DVD Talk Hero

I liked Alan Sepinwall's comment in his review of the finale that the Bran explanation of Jon's lineage played very much like the one in the Season 1 finale of Westworld -- a very detailed explanation, given great gravity, of information that anyone who was paying attention had already figured out long ago.

Old 08-28-17, 12:33 PM   #137
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
Also, Tyrion has feelings for Dany and I'm sure he feels some regret and longing there. Seemingly every man she's not with does.
Does he? I don't think i've seen anything really hinted at in the show, at least not in the way Jon, Jorah, or Daario have been.

And of course you can GFY. -chess
Old 08-28-17, 12:43 PM   #138
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
I really liked that conversation and how obvious Jon's thoughts were. With everyone's predictions, I think Jon knocks up Dany so that both her and Cersei being with child ends up being some sort of plot point.
next season will jump ahead 20 years and will be about the battles between Cersei's kid and Dany's kid.
The white walker attack will be mentioned in the prologue.
Old 08-28-17, 12:48 PM   #139
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Does he? I don't think i've seen anything really hinted at in the show, at least not in the way Jon, Jorah, or Daario have been.
I wondered if he convinced Cersei to lie to Jon and Dany as he had wished Jon had lied to Cersei. All of that talk about family, etc with Cersei without seeing how it fully played out plus that "look" outside the door, made me think perhaps he is back to helping his biological family again.
Old 08-28-17, 12:58 PM   #140
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlieut View Post
I wondered if he convinced Cersei to lie to Jon and Dany as he had wished Jon had lied to Cersei. All of that talk about family, etc with Cersei without seeing how it fully played out plus that "look" outside the door, made me think perhaps he is back to helping his biological family again.
Zero chance of that happening. That would be the heel turn to end all heel turns.
Old 08-28-17, 01:06 PM   #141
DVD Talk Legend

I personally think he views Dany as the family he's always wanted, and Jon for that matter. He's thinking that he's sending them to their certain death while they're both finding a bit of happiness. At least that what I got from that look while they were banging.
Old 08-28-17, 01:20 PM   #142
DVD Talk Hero

I just took Tyrion's look as "well this probably won't end well" and left it at that.
Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - Men in Black
Old 08-28-17, 01:40 PM   #143

either that or a "about fucking time" look. lol
Old 08-28-17, 01:43 PM   #144

I'm in the camp that Tyrion had a look of guilt. He had a change of heart, if not heel turn, on the revelation that he's an Uncle again. Some kind of 'gotta do it right' feeling this time....remember he was talking about how the loss of the children truly affected him. It's his last chance at having a Lannister family.
You can also see his guilt about Casterly Rock being attacked. I think there was a line about wiping out his family is not his goal.
Old 08-28-17, 01:50 PM   #145
DVD Talk Hero

I took it as a look of disappointment that this song wasn't playing on the soundtrack :

Old 08-28-17, 03:52 PM   #146
DVD Talk Legend

I think Tyrion already knew who Jon's real parents are. It's good chance that he changed his heart about the whole thing.

Croc RULE!

#Didthisdudejusttrymansplainingonme
Old 08-28-17, 04:04 PM   #147
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post

anyone anyone?
My thoughts are that he does not want her head muddied by love and her path and thinking clear. Jon is so dreamy.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
Old 08-28-17, 04:05 PM   #148
Time Lord

Well, this was alright. Littlefinger getting offed was the best part. I really don't care about anyone other than Dany at this point (and Arya but she seems to be doing alright for herself), so I'll be fucking pissed if they have her acquiesce to Jon as the rightful king.
Old 08-28-17, 04:21 PM   #149
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
How can it be a spoiler? It's his guess. People have been speculating for a while that he would have to relive his "kill the mad king" choice over again.
That's where the qualifying phrase "if this is what actually happens" comes into play. I haven't read the books, so I don't know what the fuck happens. His comment read to me like he was telling something coming up. It's all good.
I'd like to see Johnny Depp direct a movie about Tim Burton directing a movie starring Johnny Depp, in which Johnny is directing a film about Danny Elfman, who is composing the music for a new Tim Burton film starring Johnny Depp.....playing Danny Elfman.
Old 08-28-17, 04:34 PM   #150
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post
That's where the qualifying phrase "if this is what actually happens" comes into play. I haven't read the books, so I don't know what the fuck happens. His comment read to me like he was telling something coming up. It's all good.
we are well past the books. anything that happens now is completely made up for the show. can't be mad at speculation.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW