TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jersey Shore reunion / Family Vacation

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-18, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Jersey Shore reunion / Family Vacation

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
I have to agree. I always thought Jenny was naturally pretty, like just getting out of the shower wrapped in a towel and she's still hot as fire pretty. I have no idea why she would get all that work done at such a young age. It has ruined her looks.
She was definitely better looking before. Completely agree about the strange fascination with excessive tattoos.

(not just talking about Jenny now)
And then there are the ridiculously fake boobs. I honestly believe women are more into having them than men are into seeing them on women. They make her look like a sex worker but in a sad and unattractive way.

Same goes for the bloated lips. When and how the hell did that hideous look become a thing?

Lest I forget, Snooki's ALL-CAPS teeth are pretty comical looking.

What it really all comes down to is that they look unnatural. Tweaking is one thing, but they look assembled from sets of mismatched parts and the result is borderline creepy.

The Jersey Shore women achieved notoriety, wealth, got married, had kids, etc. and yet they still chose to mangle themselves like this. And it's not like these procedures are cheap and painless. I just don't understand it.
Old 07-02-18, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

Not that I'm keeping track of this celebrity news, but I didn't realize Deanna was married, and her first kid is on the way.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...id=mailsignout
Old 07-03-18, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Man, Ronnie is absolutely insane. I watched the last episode, and when he goes off on the Sammi tangent at the dinner, and how he's happy they got to see the real Ronnie... wow. So he thinks he was the normal one in that relationship? That's a hell of a lot of denial.
Old 07-16-18, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Finally wrapped this up over the weekend (I think there is some "after show" to watch) and it was fun, brainless type stuff. That said, I cannot believe they're already bringing back a S2 with the same crew. Granted, those of the folks that got MTV there but is there any reason to watch anybody outside of Ronnie (who is the only real train wreck left)? At this point I want these people to grow the fuck up and take care of their kids... also, Pauly D is a likable guy but incredibly immature for someone in his 30's. His "awkward" comments and hiding under the table during dinner arguments is cringe-worthy.
I hope things work out for Mike... he really does seem to have his act together; at first I though he was putting on an act. I still think he'll do time though.
Old 07-16-18, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
At this point I want these people to grow the fuck up and take care of their kids
Some of the cast could argue they are taking care of their kids, since they're pulling in hundreds of thousands of dollars per episode. Just to party.... In Miami....
Old 08-03-18, 06:51 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/McLreMSEEBQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-04-18, 03:47 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No i wanna see a new generation
Old 08-23-18, 06:29 AM

"Jersey Shore Family Vacation Part 2" returns with a two-hour premiere on Thursday, August 23 at 8:00PM ET/PT. The first hour will be simulcast globally across Viacom's international network of MTV channels in nearly 180 countries. The second season of cable's #1 series with 18-34 kicks off with the housemates in Las Vegas then brings them back to New Jersey where it all started, for a weekend in Atlantic City and some fun on the shore. From welcoming new family members to reliving their glory days and celebrating milestones together, the housemates return for even more fist pumping and grand antics. But, when their personal lives spill out into the tabloids and on social media, the group must confront a variety of issues. "Jersey Shore Family Vacation" features original housemates Deena Nicole Cortese, Paul "Pauly D" Delvecchio," Jenni "JWOWW" Farley, Vinny Guadagnino, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino.
Old 08-28-18, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Well, those were some nutty first episodes. This Ron drama is going to make for some classic trash TV.
Old 09-28-18, 05:51 AM

Jenny is getting divorced: https://www.app.com/story/entertainm...ce/1447495002/
Old 09-28-18, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
She was definitely better looking before. Completely agree about the strange fascination with excessive tattoos.

(not just talking about Jenny now)
And then there are the ridiculously fake boobs. I honestly believe women are more into having them than men are into seeing them on women. They make her look like a sex worker but in a sad and unattractive way.

Same goes for the bloated lips. When and how the hell did that hideous look become a thing?

Lest I forget, Snooki's ALL-CAPS teeth are pretty comical looking.

What it really all comes down to is that they look unnatural. Tweaking is one thing, but they look assembled from sets of mismatched parts and the result is borderline creepy.

The Jersey Shore women achieved notoriety, wealth, got married, had kids, etc. and yet they still chose to mangle themselves like this. And it's not like these procedures are cheap and painless. I just don't understand it.
They all looked good beforehand.

Getting all the teeth capped is a big thing now, which is funny to me since it looks like you're wearing some big ass, bright white dentures.

Lip injections is another fad that looks currently looks bad. You have rare occasions when it works like in the case of Bella Hadid, but for most people it looks either like a duck or some toy candy lips (ex Kylie).
Old 10-04-18, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

What happened to the Situation?

I was channel surfing and he was mowing down some burgers and he looked old.

I thought this dude was in shape and a ladies magnet.
Old 10-05-18, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

he is under construction... he is living his best life. honestly, he has his shit together (even with all the legal crap he is going through)
Old 10-05-18, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

Tax Fraud. Might be jail bound.
Old 10-05-18, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

8 months in the clink
Old 10-05-18, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14
He got off light. She is a psychopath.
Old 10-05-18, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan
8 months in the clink
He got off light too. Could have been worse, his brother got 2 years.

Hopefully his life turn-around is legitimate (seems to be) and he sticks with it.
Old 10-05-18, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

8 months... wow. I guess no Season 3. Not that I care anymore.
Old 10-05-18, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
8 months... wow. I guess no Season 3. Not that I care anymore.
Yeah, I believe he can get maybe a month reduction for good behavior, but no parole for federal sentences.
Old 10-17-18, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another season in the books.

Was wondering if any of you caught that post-wrap cut of a bunch of stuff that looks like a Season 3 sneak peek? There looks to be a LOT of crazy things that were either cut or are being used for another season (although I don't see how).
Old 10-17-18, 02:59 PM

The season isn't over yet.
Old 10-18-18, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Huh... ok, then I guess that makes sense. The crew leaving the Jersey house sort of signaled the end to me.
Old 12-13-18, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Jersey Shore Family Vacation' Renewed for Season 3 on MTV.

Jersey Shore Family Vacation is extending its time in the sun: MTV has picked up a third season of the show.

The renewal comes as little surprise, as Jersey Shore Family Vacation is the cabler's top-rated series and has helped MTV to a run of ratings growth. The show wraps its second season Thursday night; season three is set to air sometime in 2019.

Season two of Family Vacation is averaging a 0.7 rating among adults 18-49 for initial airings; it typically doubles with a week of delayed viewing.

That's down some from its first season earlier in the year but still in the upper echelons of cable unscripted shows along with VH1's Love & Hip Hop franchise and a couple of Bravo's Real Housewives series and Below Deck, it's among the top-rated unscripted shows on cable.

Jersey Shore Family Vacation premiered in April and immediately became MTV's top-rated series. The network greenlit a second season prior to the series debut and got it on the air in August, less than two months after season one wrapped.

The series has helped fuel several quarters of ratings growth at MTV. The Viacom channel has posted growth among its core 18-34 audience and the broader 18-49 demographic for five straight quarters.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...edium=referral
Old 12-13-18, 12:25 PM

Prison Family Vacation
Old 12-13-18, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I read that Mike starts his sentence right after the new year. I want to watch the season post-prison.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.