Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jersey Shore reunion / Family Vacation

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-17, 02:16 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Jersey Shore reunion / Family Vacation

Glad to see their doing well. Burger King.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_rl9XvJD4VA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is also a reunion being filmed:

The details surrounding the Jersey Shore cast's recent reunion are finally coming to light.

The stars of the hit MTV reality show, which ran from 2009-2012, are coming back together for a new reunion-centered docuseries in development at E!, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Titled Reunion Road Trip, the unscripted entry will capture an epic show reunion as the cast drives down memory lane, making familiar stops along the way — sharing stories, revisiting hot spots and catching up on each other's current lives. Viewers will follow the lifelong friends as they come together to gossip about each other's lives, what has been said about them in the press, the juiciest moments and stories from behind the scenes that we never saw, and most of all talk about the pop culture hit that has bonded them forever.

The Jersey Shore reunion will serve as the pilot for the series.

No other casts are yet lined up for the project, with producers exploring both unscripted and scripted series casts as possibilities for future episodes, should the show move forward.

Greg Lipstone, Simon Knight, Adam Greener, Emily Mayer and Lauren Stevens will exec produce the series, which hails from All3 Media's Maverick TV.

Speculation about a potential Jersey Shore reunion heated up in recent weeks after one of the show's breakout stars, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, posted several photos of the cast back together on her Snapchat account with the hashtag #JerseyShoreReunion.

Jersey Shore ran for six seasons and 71 episodes. At its height, the series drew 8.87 million viewers. The series spawned a soundtrack, a book and two spinoffs: Snooki & JWoww and The Pauly D Project.

Such TV nostalgia in the reunion/revival/reboot category, has paid off big for networks in recent years as channels try to build on known IP to break through in peak TV era. Netflix alone has found success with several revivals that have also served as reunions (Fuller House, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life), NBC is about to do the same with Will & Grace and Fox with The X-Files (again), among many more.

Jersey Shore's home network, MTV, has also found similar success, such as when it reunited the original Teen Mom cast for a fresh round of installments, and with its Hills 10-year anniversary special last summer. Other blasts from the past on the unscripted include MTV's Fear Factor reboot with new host Ludacris and VH1's America's Next Top Model revival.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...etails-1021111
Old 07-14-17, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: Jersey shore cancelled

I bet it was not hard to get them back together since they were probably busy with other projects.
Old 07-14-17, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

So even Pauly D was able to break away from his job pressing play for all of his fan?
Old 07-14-17, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Nice to see they're eating well.
Old 07-15-17, 04:42 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I will always have respect for this show because without it, there wouldn't be a Geordie shore which is still going strong and is awesome

Shows like Ex on the beach and love island are also offshoots of this genre

It is my guilty pleasure, loose moraled people partying hard
Old 07-16-17, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Glad to see their doing well. Burger King.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_rl9XvJD4VA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-16-17, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kept waiting for him to show up in the BK promo and immediately get into a fight with Sam.
Old 07-16-17, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 421 Likes on 305 Posts

Sam looks like she was smart enough not to get tatted up like the rest of the women from the show. Snooki is still a troll, but at least looks decent since getting in shape.
Old 07-17-17, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

Like most here, I enjoyed the first few seasons of the show. It's not like 5 years is a long time, but they all at least look healthy. I kind of figured at least one of them would be dead from alcohol poisoning or something.
Old 07-17-17, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I'll definitely watch as this was one of my all time guiltiest pleasures... but man, The Situation looks like hell and Pauly D is still annoying as I remember.
Old 07-21-17, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelitespecial
sam looks like she was smart enough not to get tatted up like the rest of the women from the show. Snooki is still a troll, but at least looks decent since getting in shape plastic surgery.
ftfy
Old 08-13-17, 07:21 AM

re: Jersey Shore reunion / Family Vacation

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xrZNcbocOHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Reunion Road Trip: Return to the Jersey Shore" reunites "Jersey Shore" cast members Snooki, JWoww, Pauly D, Mike The Situation, and Sammi Sweetheart for an epic, fist-pumping drive down memory lane. The special will follow these outrageous friends as they come back together for the first time in five years to gossip about each other's relationships, recent press, juicy behind-the-scenes moments, and, most of all, talk about the pop culture hit that has bonded them forever.

Airs 8/20/17.
Old 08-13-17, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No Ronnie or Vinny than its not a true reunion.
Old 08-13-17, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They should say its the first time in 5 years being on screen together. The wording makes it seem like they split up and haven't seen each other in 5 years. LOL if they don't go with the joke and they bitch at each other. "why are you asking what I've been up to? You know what I've been up to. You live 3 houses down ya mook"
Old 11-27-17, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Given everyone from the cast is well into their 30s, and some are married with kids. Why....... just Why?

Last edited by dex14; 03-16-18 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-28-17, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

I’m looking forward to the “reunion”. My party life isn’t nearly as insane as the Jersey Shore crew, so watching them make a fool of themselves is entertaining to me.

Side note: I’m watching the Floribama Shore premiere and I actually like it. Only one of them seems awful at this point hahaha
Old 11-28-17, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts

Sammi ‘Sweetheart’ Giancola Isn’t Doing ‘Jersey Shore’ Reunion Because ‘She Didn’t Want to Be Around Ronnie’
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...shore-reunion/
Old 01-17-18, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino Faces Up to 15 Years in Jail for Tax Fraud.

Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino is set to plead guilty to charges of tax fraud, and as a result, faces up to 15 years in jail.

Citing the U.S. Department of Justice, The Blast reports that Sorrentino and his brother, Marc, have “agreed to plead guilty.”

The reality TV personality, 35, reportedly originally rejected a plea deal offered by prosecutors last week, but changed his mind. The brothers have been accused of not paying the federal income tax owed on nearly $9 million earned between 2010 and 2012.

Sorrentino’s lawyer Henry E. Klingeman tells Us, “We have court scheduled for this Friday, January 19, at 11 a.m. That’s all I can say until then.”

As previously reported, Sorrentino will be joining his original Jersey Shore cast members — including Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Paul “Pauly D” Delvecchio, Jenni “JWOWW” Farley, Vinny Guadagnino, Ronnie Ortiz-Margo and Deena Nicole Cortese — for a reunion series on MTV.

The network announced earlier this week that the group will be heading back to Miami to film the reboot. While Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola decided not to join the show, Farley told Us that she hopes Giancola changes her mind.

“In my head, in my dreams of dreams, I really hope that [Sammi] pops in. Yeah, it’s gonna be different. I wish she would be on it but I understand why she’s not going to be on it,” Farley exclusively told Us on January 11.

Sorrentino shared a teaser for the new series on Monday, January 15. #jsfamilyvacation @mtv Coming to Miami Bitches !!” he wrote via Instagram.

This is not the Marriage Boot Camp star’s first run-in with the law. He was arrested and later sentenced to 12 weeks of anger management in July 2014 after fighting with big brother Frank Sorrentino.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...for-tax-fraud/
Old 01-17-18, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino Faces Up to 15 Years in Jail for Tax Fraud.

Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino is set to plead guilty to charges of tax fraud, and as a result, faces up to 15 years in jail.

Citing the U.S. Department of Justice, The Blast reports that Sorrentino and his brother, Marc, have “agreed to plead guilty.”

The reality TV personality, 35, reportedly originally rejected a plea deal offered by prosecutors last week, but changed his mind. The brothers have been accused of not paying the federal income tax owed on nearly $9 million earned between 2010 and 2012.[/url]
Didn't he use the Steve Martin "I forgot" defense? It seems pretty air tight.
Old 02-07-18, 12:11 PM

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 02-28-18, 05:25 PM

‘Jersey Shore Family Vacation’ Renewed For Season 2 Amid MTV Ratings Rebound
http://deadline.com/2018/02/jersey-s...nd-1202305410/
Old 02-28-18, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14
‘Jersey Shore Family Vacation’ Renewed For Season 2 Amid MTV Ratings Rebound
http://deadline.com/2018/02/jersey-s...nd-1202305410/
If MTV is going all in on unscripted shows featuring the dimmest bulbs in our culture, then at least bring back Tool Academy!!! And the I Love Money shows. In for a penny, in for a pound!
Old 02-28-18, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by eric f
nice to see they're eating well.
Old 03-16-18, 01:10 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xNNxGzBfZ2k" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-16-18, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Jersey Shore reunion / Family Vacation

Everybody looks old except Paulie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.