TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

2017 Emmy nominations

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-17, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 2017 Emmy nominations

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
I wonder if Nicole Kidman still considers herself to be the mother of the 2 kids she adopted with Tom Cruise. She spoke for a solid 90 seconds about the kids she has with Keith Urban and didn't make so much as a peep about the other 2 she adopted with Cruise.
She has a difficult relationship with her two adopted children, who are both deeply into the Church of Scientology, while Nicole is not. Scientologists believe they need to minimize or eliminate personal relationships with Suppressive Persons (SPs). Same reason why Tom Cruise barely sees his daughter Suri since Katie Holmes divorced him and broke off from the Church.

I loved Big Little Lies, so was happy to see it get a lot of Emmy love. I need to watch The Handmaid's Tale.

I wish they hadn't cut off Sterling K. Brown's speech. The show only ran like two minutes late, so what's another minute or two? The Oscars run half an hour late sometimes and the world doesn't end.
Old 09-18-17, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

How is Oprah still a thing?
Old 09-18-17, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
How is Oprah still a thing?
Step 1. Be popular.
Step 2. Profit.

Originally Posted by Defiant1
She has a difficult relationship with her two adopted children, who are both deeply into the Church of Scientology, while Nicole is not. Scientologists believe they need to minimize or eliminate personal relationships with Suppressive Persons (SPs). Same reason why Tom Cruise barely sees his daughter Suri since Katie Holmes divorced him and broke off from the Church.

I loved Big Little Lies, so was happy to see it get a lot of Emmy love. I need to watch The Handmaid's Tale.

I wish they hadn't cut off Sterling K. Brown's speech. The show only ran like two minutes late, so what's another minute or two? The Oscars run half an hour late sometimes and the world doesn't end.
It is kind of ironic for Moss to win Best Actress for a show like Handmaid's Tale while being a Scientologist.
Old 09-18-17, 05:00 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The emmys are a heap of wank. A few shows get all the nominations

Veep, what the fuck is a Veep !

i don't wanna watch that crap !
Old 09-18-17, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Step 1. Be popular.
Step 2. Profit.
No, I get why she works. But why do other celebrities still bow down to her and give her so much attention?